collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My worst nightmare.  (Read 28789 times)

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My worst nightmare.
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
I can't imagine how awful you must feel. Is there a chance that you can file a claim with Italian customs?

{{{SoSilver}}}
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »
*huge hugs* I'm so sorry! D:  I hope that there's something you can do, something that can be done. At the very least some kind of monetary compensation. T___T Ughgggghhh. I feel so sick just reading this. ;_____; I can't believe it!

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
This makes me SO ANGRY!!!! First off those ponies must have cost a fortune! Did you pay with paypal? Can you file a claim?  I am so very sorry this happened to you SoSilver. This makes me so MAD!!!! You have got to try to pursue a refund!!!!!!! Pony hugs Darlin'. I can't imagine what you are going through!!! :enraged: :yikes: :enraged: :yikes: :enraged: :yikes: :enraged: :yikes: :enraged: :yikes:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:48:56 AM by MidnightFireflies »

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
This is horrible! I hope you find some way to get your money back. Those ponies are priceless. Why in God's name did customs keep Cotton Candy's head. I hope they give back Cotton Candy's head. I wish I could do something to help you. This is just...so..sad. :/

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
I doubt that the customs officials kept Ven CC's head as a trophy; I really think they were just being completely careless.  Look at the way they ripped apart the packaging.  Even if they felt compelled to open it to check for smuggled items, they could have been much more careful and done much less damage.  That's no excuse, of course; I'm just trying to understand how it happened.  My guess is that poor Ven CC's head has been lost and/or thrown away.  Such a waste and a shame.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:35:43 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SweetMelons

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »
I actually feel physically sick right now.
You should definitely file a claim, and explain the value of it all.
Would they smash an old artistic sculpture too, just to check for drugs? I doubt it.
They could have done so many things, that didn't involve this massacre.

I am so so so sorry for what happened to you, and your ponies.
I hope a nasty, painful disease hits that customs office.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
The same thing happened to someone from New Zealand, I think? I remember the thread on the old board.

This is horrible :( There is no excuse for the carelessness, looking for drugs or not. I will never understand why they need to take the heads off? Don't they have scanners and like someone else said, dogs and other things. Do they arbitrarily open destroy a certain percentage of packages? It seems like such a waste of time to me, on their part. And then there is the fallout of what they do :(

I'm so sorry :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »
I am so sorry this happened to you, it makes me so sad. I hope that CJ is salvageable and that maybe by some miracle Cotton Candy's head can be found. Poor ponies :(
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »
That's absolutely awful!! I suppose I can understand if the seller did not write a description that they would perhaps open the boxes and have a drug dog sniff them or put them through X-Ray or some type of substance detection scanner but RIP THE PONIES OPEN? THEN NOT EVEN PUT THE HEAD BACK OF THE OTHER ONE???
OH GOD. D: I actually felt a little nauseous reading this. It probably shouldn't affect me that much but I just feel terrible.
I would totally be crying too if that happened to me, I totally get it!! It's awful :( I hope you can at least put in an angry phone call and ask for them to try and look for the head of it, but they probably would just be like 'lolsry'. Just keep pestering them or something, don't give up!!
Now I understand even more why people refuse to deal with Italian customs. They're absolutely brutal and seem to have no care for anyone's items... I'm so so sorry and I hope you can at least talk to the seller or something.  :hug:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
I will never understand why they need to take the heads off? Don't they have scanners and like someone else said, dogs and other things. Do they arbitrarily open destroy a certain percentage of packages? It seems like such a waste of time to me, on their part.

Sorry, I should clarify. They will scan the box or its contents with a trace chemical scanner or they will have a dog sniff it. If either test indicates that there *might* be trace elements of drugs or explosives, the customs agents will take the item apart looking for whatever they think is in there. I have no idea why x-rays won't suffice for the job, I guess they assume that they can't always see hidden contraband. I don't mean to get into the details too much, but I study criminology and deviance  :P First world countries illegally export weapons and import drugs/trafficked humans & animals. Sadly, legitimate mail gets caught up in this stuff when it shouldn't :( This is why insurance is really important. The missing pony head is just cruel on the part of the customs people and I think an official complaint would be totally warranted.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:23:06 PM by babystargleamer »

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
SoSilver my heart is breaking for you, this is so terrible! :hug:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »
Sosilver I am SO sorry for this! :( This is awful!

Even if the test had come back sketch, they need to be careful with opening the packages! I feel they just tore the crap out of it! Obviously it's going to someone, so someone has spent money on it. The item does not belong to them, so they should treat it with the up most respect! There HAS to be something you can do to fight this! I feel you are entitled for them to cover your loses!

[Slight edit for language --- Thanks, LadyG]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:13:37 AM by LadyGuinevere »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
WHAT DOES THEY THINK?!  That people is stupid enought to send drugs in the mail?!  And in a collectible over $100.00 and IN BOX?!

Unfortunately, yes. All the time. Especially coming out of countries bordering Colombia (#1 exporter of coca products), so our customs agents are especially suspicious of packages coming in from those countries. I guess the War on Drugs has claimed another victim  :huh: This is the unfortunate risk of dealing with the trade rules and reputations of certain countries. The seller in this case should have filled out the shipping form, of course, but customs agents on our end will rip something apart at the seams if they get a false positive reading on a trace chemical test or a hit from a dog.

I'm so sorry that this happened :( I would be livid!

*speechless*  I don't know how it works in other countries, but at least in Mexico a lot of times it's required to close the box/package AT the office to check there's nothing illegal on it ;_;  (With envelopes there's no problem usually, but with boxes sometimes).  Not always is required a custom note when declared at the office as gift (in fact, I think I've only needed one..., and because I was asked for insurance).

I knew about people sending with other methods less secure to ID the person could receive illegal products (arriving to a PO box), but not at the address... 

And shouldn't custom officers open the package in the presence of the package receiver so to 'arrest' if he was receiving something illegal instead of just ripping apart completely safe products without the owners knowledge?  ;_;  (Maybe I'm a hopeless dreamer with customs and drugs agents doing a decent job...).  And even if they WERE doing a good job... then why so much drug and weapons passes in the eyes of officers with them doing nothing?  Isn't that way too fishy to not find out drugs/weapons and instead rip apart and destroy completely legal stuff?  I can't understand it ;_;

This whole thing is making me really angry and sad and afraid to want to send things ;_;

And have to learn to write on the package what's inside always ;_;

I still will not call the seller an idiot, how do we know all the customs rules in all the different countries of the world to know all the requisites at each country?  And more if you weren't required to fill a custom fill on your country while sending it?

Careless, yes.  It is an expensive sale and should have taken more caution and writing down all about the package content, in a way of "I prefere to exagerate on this than have problems..., even if it can means package detained at customs and buyer have to pay custom fees...", but also maybe he never had problems before and went sending the package the usual way he did, believing everything will go smooth -as always-.

Did he filled a custom form from Venezuela?  Or was a plain 'gift' package with nothing written and no custom form attached?

Again SS, I'm so sorry this have happened to you *big hugs*

BlackCourtains, I remember something like that, wasn't it with a MOC Greek Pony?

Can't remember who it belonged to, nor the end of the story, but unfortunately it seems it's not something rare to just destroy collectibles at customs ;_;
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:32:26 PM by Dyzarktarzk »

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
I'm crying because of what happened to you, Sosilver. It's so terrible that this happened. =(

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25:17 PM »
I am sorry SS, that is HORRIBLE! And BARBARIC!  :cry:  Did you talk to customs yet and see if they can look for Cotton Candy's head? I just don't understand why it is so dang difficult to open the package nicely, slide it out, check the ponies if they must then put them back together. I mean Good Grief, no pride there, no integrity and no care whatsoever!

Which seller was it that sent the ponies? Maybe they can help you out?

I always write down what is in a package, when I send it overseas! maybe I need to write more now I am thinking now for myself and my own protection cause usually I write "kids toy" or Childs toy on my customs form, what do you all think? I have heard horror stories about putting the word pony on a customs form too, so I am confused, do you put down "Plastic horse in box?"

Gosh SS I am just so sorry that happend to you  :huh: Big hugs my friend :hug:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:27:53 PM by angelponies »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal