collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nail Polish as Paint?  (Read 2444 times)

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nail Polish as Paint?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »
I can understand why some people want to use nail polish tho. Sometimes nail polishes come in fun glitters or holos that you just can't get an acrylic paint in. I don't know why the acrylic paint makers don't make a holo paint. I know I would buy it.

Oh and another thing, If they are not sealed they will be sticky as all get out.

Me too! I have been sooooooo tempted to buy nail polish (I was at Sallys Beauty yesterday...!) But...I have heard so many horror stories, I figured it wasnt worth risking, especially if I were to try it and love the results! I wish paints had more glittery variety...

A good thing you can try for fine lines ~ Use nail art brushes! Thats how I do my fine lines. I am by NOOOO means good at it yet! I am new to customs myself...I am still getting the feel for the different brushes. So that being said, when my fine lines look awry, it has nothing to do with my brushes and more to do with my painting and lack of expertise! :)

I found a set on ebay with like 15 nail art brushes for I think 2$! I bought 2 pkgs so I'd have a spare when these started going, but if you can't find some send me a PM, I'd be happy to send you my extra pack! I never used any brushes out of it. Just let me know if you are interested! :) Good luck!

I found the link on ebay: [size=78%]http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Nail-Art-Design-Brushes-Set-Painting-Pen-Polish-Tips-/360413361143?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ea4f73f7#ht_1351wt_1163[/size]
OMG those look like amazing brushes... even if I didn't use em for customs, I totally want them for my nails too... (i've become obsessed with painting my and other people's nails since that nail art set I got ;P ) I'm definitely PM'ing you, thanks for the offer! ♥
And wow, my nervousness has been cut in half, seeing that Darkhorse uses nail polish! I've been wondering for ages how your paint is always so sparkly, I also need to experiment with the metallic paint that you use so well x3
I shall try it, and if I try it soon enough (on sculpting!) then I'll tell you all how it goes! ;D

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
I have used it over Apoxie too - and it turns out fine - dries hard and no cracking :) That is only on Apoxie though - not on pony plastic.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
Hmmm... good to know. Might have to try that. I have some amazing nail polishes :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal