collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When shipping dolls...  (Read 2316 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
When shipping dolls...
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
Please please please ship them in a box! I don't know how many times I have received MIB MH dolls from sellers here and on Ebay that have been wrapped in bubble wrap and wrapping paper. The result: A smashed box! I have even filed with paypal, and won, on an item not as described case, since the box was broken. So, for everyone's sake, ship in a box!!!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
Re: When shipping dolls...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
I..they just....ship in the box wrapped in bubble wrap? No other layer? Just PAPER?!

D:

Maybe it's because scalpers aren't toy collectors (?) but that just seems ridiculous to me...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
I..they just....ship in the box wrapped in bubble wrap? No other layer? Just PAPER?!

D:

Maybe it's because scalpers aren't toy collectors (?) but that just seems ridiculous to me...

Yup, bubble wrap and wrapping paper. Last one I received like that was today, from someone here. So yeah....

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
people do this with ponies too :/ I don't get it.
Just get a medium flat rate box!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
People do this with PULLIPS too! (Okay, well, a Taeyang if we're being really specific) I received my first tae, bought from someone on a doll forum, in just his original box wrapped in brown paper.

People, seriously, BOXES.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
I always send in a box, unless it is something like clothes or loose accessories that will not get messed up in a bubble mailer.  Or if the buyer requests it.   But yeah, boxes are the only way to go!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »
People do this with all sorts of items. I have gotten MIB items wrapped in paper with NO bubble wrap (With damage of course).

Boxes!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 04:49:07 PM »
the ONLY thing I wrap in wrapping paper, is a colored box I don't have any paper for. And even then, all I use it for is cover so I have something to write on [usually turn it inside out]. Otherwise, if it's a non breakable single pony or a doll that's not in the package, I'll mummy wrap the heck out of them with toilet paper then put them in a bubble mailer, or a box if requested. lol. But then I don't sell much that's mib XD
 Thank you tinrobo!

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »
I'm so sorry!!  :yikes:

This is my fault, I had no idea!!

Mine have all been received fine like this even from abroad, I just had no clue!! I didn't specify how I was shipping it but I thought I'd wrapped it in enough bubble wrap to protect it. :( a box would have added at least £3-4 to the shipping cost.

I'm so sad right now, it's 4am and I can't go back to sleep as I feel so terrible. :sad:

We can send you our flattened box to replace damaged one or if you send me photos I'll file a damaged in transit claim with the postal service.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:32:22 PM by FlyingPonyMonster »

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »

Mine have all been received fine like this even from abroad, I just had no clue!! I didn't specify how I was shipping it but I thought I'd wrapped it in enough bubble wrap to protect it. :( a box would have added at least £3-4 to the shipping cost.

I'm so sad right now, it's 4am and I can't go back to sleep as I feel so terrible. :sad:

We can send you our flattened box to replace damaged one or if you send me photos I'll file a damaged in transit claim with the postal service.

Oh, no!! Don't worry about it!!! No one's blaming you at all; this is a good PSA for the forum anyway :lovey:

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »

:lovey: Don't worry about it!

And I didn't mean to blame anyone with this post, it was just a heads up for everyone.

EmoKuu

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »
The most interesting way I've received dolls is just in a mailing bag, which has no bubble wrap in it. I've gotten at least 3 dolls like that, amazingly they've all been more or less fine.

And I got my DotD Ula D in a small box, where she was put into a plastic bag. The packing was fine but she was placed on the side of her face in a way that the glitter had rubbed off of one of her eyes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal