collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Discussion Of "Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love" *Spoiler Alert*  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Discussion Of "Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love" *Spoiler Alert*
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »
Hi everyone. :lol:   I know that some of you guys have already talked a little about the latest TV special and some people had requested people to wait because they haven't had a chance to see it yet.  It didn't air for me until Sunday for some reason.  I figured I would put a spoiler in the title in case there are some people who still haven't seen it yet.

I didn't like the computer animation in the trailer but I got used to it.  They almost look more real and the hair on the girls have more texture.  Sorry if that sound weird.  One thing I did not like was that the snow coming off of Abbey was just coming out of her like bubbles instead of snow.  I liked in the TV series when the snow was falling down, not coming out of her like bubbles.  I liked how some of the voices chanced a little, for the better.  For example, Holt didn't sound like a girl doing an impression of a guy.  I thought Abbey was funny when she was answering calls in Cupid's office.  She presses the button and says "What You Want?" LMAO.

I felt bad for Clawd when he was trying to get a gift for Draculaura and everyone said how terrible they were and his lip puckered and he made a sad puppy noise.  I liked how his final gift, with what everyone thought was junk, was the best gift.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion Of "Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love" *Spoiler Alert*
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
What network was it on?  Is it online to watch anywhere?

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
It was on Nickelodeon.  As far as where to see it I'm not sure.  A member had posted a UK website that had it but I found the member's post and clicked on it and the show isn't there anymore.  I tried youtube and the monster high youtube channel and nothing.  Sorry I'm not much help. :lookround:

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »
I caught it on Daily Motion earlier today in pretty poor quality, but watchable, if that's any help!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:36:29 AM »
Never mind--its just a preview!

Maybe the whole episode will be added soon.

Found it on Mattel's Monster High site:

http://www.monsterhigh.com/videos/5394

There is also a video schedule--I guess more episodes airing on nick?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:41:03 AM by apanda0622 »

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »
I just saw it on the website, I thought it was really good!

Though I thought Toralei was a bit out of character. She's mean, yeah, but I kind of doubt she'd go further than a few pranks. Helping Valentine steal Draculaura's heart was a bit too far. Though the way she and him acted when they first met was hilarious.

Also, when everyone was falling under the Cupid arrow spells, I swear I saw at least 3 gay couples in the background. It was also funny when Cleo fell in love with her reflection ^^

Offline Miwa

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 02:28:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure that I saw Venus, that new inc doll, in this movie.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:34 AM »
Though I thought Toralei was a bit out of character. She's mean, yeah, but I kind of doubt she'd go further than a few pranks. Helping Valentine steal Draculaura's heart was a bit too far. Though the way she and him acted when they first met was hilarious.

I just thought she didn't realize he was being literal about stealing her heart. I mean if they didn't show his cabinet of broken hearts I would have thought the same thing. Toralei seems to be the smart type that would understand that even if your heart gets broken (not in the literal sense Valentine actually meant of course) that eventually you get over it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »

I just thought she didn't realize he was being literal about stealing her heart. I mean if they didn't show his cabinet of broken hearts I would have thought the same thing. Toralei seems to be the smart type that would understand that even if your heart gets broken (not in the literal sense Valentine actually meant of course) that eventually you get over it.

That makes sense. Hm, it would have been nice if there was a scene where Toralei finds out about his real intentions and fixes it, similar to how she stopped Nefara cheating in the webisode "Monster Mashionals Part 2". But then she wouldn't be able to be covered in that icky sludge :P

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »
I really liked Valentine's design, I thought it was really fitting, but his voice made me want to throttle him. XD

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »
I watched this yesterday on the MH youtube channel... Now I want more dolls! ugh their marketing works so well on me! I really loved Cupid in this and now I kind of want her
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure that I saw Venus, that new inc doll, in this movie.

She was in there! When I watched it on TV and saw her in the background I thought "I wonder if that is going to be Venus? "

And the promo pics came out and it was her!

But yeah. I didn't really like the special. Cupid is supposedly the daughter of Eros or whatever, yet she gives awful love advice.
Abbey was awesome as always.

I don't like how most of the characters act like spoiled brats. I swear, if I met girls like that in real life, i'd want to slap them all.

And the animation made me want to scream. Its so low-budget and awful-looking. Especially the hair.

But if I was Draculara, i'd definitely fall for Valentine, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal