collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 3 blind bag trading cards... anyone notice this?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Wave 3 blind bag trading cards... anyone notice this?
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:53:44 PM »
Hey, I just received my first two Wave 3 blind bag ponies, Sea Swirl and glowy Rarity (via a trade with the wonderful tinrobo  :biggrin: ), and noticed something on Rarity's trading card. Well, first, let me say, I'm disappointed in these trading cards in that they don't have a big color image of the pony on the "front" the way Waves 1 and 2 do and instead have a pic of 6 of the ponies from this wave. Each of the cards has a different six pictured. It looks like the package insert from the first two waves, the advertisement showing all of the ponies in the set. But on the reverse side with the description, there's a "portrait", and in the upper right corner there's an image of the cutie mark.On Sea Swirl's card, the correct CM is there. On Rarity's... welp, it sure as shootin looks more like Twilight Sparkle's mark! Is this an oddity, or is this an error-- and if so, is it an unusal or a common error?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 3 blind bag trading cards... anyone notice this?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
I think the main problem with the Euro cards is the volume of languages that have to be crammed on to them...and they are simply using the reverse side as an advertisement for the rest of the set...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »
I'd say you have a point, but all of my blind bag ponies other than the TRU set are the European ones, and they have the nice big image in the front, and all the languages on the back, and a separate little brochure advertising the others. In wave three, they have crammed the picture *and* all the languages on the back, leaving the front for the ads, and  no little brochure (as far as I know she sent me everything that came with them).  It's ok, but I was kind of disappointed about it is all. :-)

But meanwhile there's this thing with the wrong cutie mark...TS's mark on glowy Rarity's card. Anyone else have that happen yet?

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »
Yes, I have two Glow Rarity ponies and both have that card blooper. Even the official released image has Twilight's symbol! I thought it was kind of fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal