collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ellowyne made it home! Pics now!  (Read 4117 times)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Ellowyne made it home! Pics now!
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
   Okay, I'm on the hunt for a Tonner doll of some sort.  I've got about 1596156 of them on my eBay watch list, lol.  Who out there has them?  I know I've seen a few pics of Ellowyne Wilde dolls, and at least a couple Tyler Wentworth...Anybody have anything else?  What are your opinions of the dolls?

I've got a couple full dolls that I want, but I think I'm going to buy a nude, secondhand one first, just to see if I love them as much as I think I will.  Or do you think I should just go for one of the ones I really want?  I kinda want a nude one because the few that I'm looking at, I'd NEVER take out of stock, lol.  So, I'd like a regular one, just to re-dress and play with, lol. 

Speaking of re-dressing, does anybody here make clothes for them?  Or have a seller/maker that they buy from regularly?

Feel free to PLEASE post pics!  I do so love to look at them!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:45:59 PM by barbgirl1999 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
Re: Tonner - Ellowyne, Tyler, Evangeline, etc...Question!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:51:17 AM »
Here are a couple of stores I've been looking at on etsy. One is directed more towards the less volumptious dolls [like ellowyne] http://www.etsy.com/shop/oursweetcreations?ref=seller_info the other is super sexy/cute stuff for dolls with a small waist and a fuller chest lol! http://www.etsy.com/shop/DivasbyDesignFashion?ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=evangeline+ghastly&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_spelling_corrected=evangaline+ghastly&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »
Thanks for the links :D

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »
I love my Ellowyne. I will be making clothes for them once I get my sewing room set up. (I'm unpacking in a new house).  I'll post once I get some patterns together. Her clothes are extremely expensive, so I'm glad I can sew!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:51:24 AM »
Her clothes are SO expensive!  I wish I could sew, but instead I'll be digging around online for people who can sew FOR me, ha.  I'm pretty sure that this weekend I'm going to order the "Never On Time" doll from the Re-imagined series...and I'll have a nude Ellowyne before the end of the week :lol:

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:46 AM »
You would almost be better to buy Ellowyne directly from her website.

Ebay is great to but sometimes if you consider the price of the doll plus the outfit that come together, in the long run you can get a better deal buying direct than using ebay.

Plus if you sign up with the Ellowyne website they will send you emails and give you special codes where you can get free shipping and sometimes they give discounts like 15% off if you spend X amount with them.

Also if you keep an eye on the website and particuarly the 'end of edition specials' section, you can get stuff on sale - plus you can use the free shipping and discount codes with them. One of the outfits I dearly wanted was originally $79.00. Then right before Christmas it was discounted to $59.00, I used the 15% discount and since I was buying gifts as well I got free shipping. So I got the outfit cheaper plus free shipping and 15% off everything I bought.

Ebay is great for finding stuff you can't buy anymore because on a lot of the Tonner/Ellowyne it sells out quickly but if you want to buy direct you can get better deals sometimes than what you would pay on ebay. Though I wouldn't discourage buying a nude to start out with but do consider that most of those nude dolls you end up buying came with an outfit. So be careful because you can sometimes be buying something you could buy direct for, you get the outfit and the doll together and it can be a much better deal depending on what the final bid is.

You can also use the website as a price reference since in the gone but not forgotten section of the Ellowyne site you can see what the original price was for the dolls/outfits. That can help you figure out if the ebay price is too high. I have seen stuff on ebay that go for more than what the site is selling the dolls for and it's actually still available from them direct. So just be careful of ebay because if you don't know if it's still available you can end up paying more.

The Tonner website also sends emails so I suggest signing up with them because just like Ellowynes site they also send out discount coupons from time to time and you can keep an eye on what the actual retail price,
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely sign up for emails from them, that's a good suggestion.  I did end up getting a nude Ellowyne from a seller on eBay, she was only $45, and I didn't particularly like the outfit she came with originally anyway, lol.  But, I'm a sucker for a red-haired doll, so I had to have her.  Now I'm browsing for handmade clothes for her, which will make due for now.  I have already picked out the first full doll I'll be getting though, so that's exciting.  Can't wait to get her...I've never had a 16" doll to photograph before :)

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely sign up for emails from them, that's a good suggestion.  I did end up getting a nude Ellowyne from a seller on eBay, she was only $45, and I didn't particularly like the outfit she came with originally anyway, lol.  But, I'm a sucker for a red-haired doll, so I had to have her.  Now I'm browsing for handmade clothes for her, which will make due for now.  I have already picked out the first full doll I'll be getting though, so that's exciting.  Can't wait to get her...I've never had a 16" doll to photograph before :)

Ouuu, Which one did you get? I love redheads to. I have two in my collection at the moment. One is Miss Understood and the other is I Wait Alone. Both I got direct from the website so they are in they're original outfits.

I've bought a few outfits handmade for my Tonners and Ellowyne from ebay. There are some really great ones out there. I've got a couple of mine from places like Thailand and China.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 03:35:12 PM »
I got Miss Understood :heart:  I can't wait to get her!  I've got a few outfits for her already on my watchlist, lol.   I really want Dark Days to be my first whole doll though...LOVE her.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
I got Miss Understood :heart:  I can't wait to get her!  I've got a few outfits for her already on my watchlist, lol.   I really want Dark Days to be my first whole doll though...LOVE her.

Her hair is an awesome shade of red, I'll probably change her outfit at some point when I find something I like better.

Two of the outfits I've purchased are Still Life and Ties that Bind.

Ties that bind is by far one of my favorite because the pictures don't do it justice, it's actually kind of silky/shiny in person than what you can tell in the photos.

Ellowyne Dolls and outfits I'd like to have IF I had unlimited funding:

1. Red to lift her mood (2006 FAO exclusive)
2. Alone Again (Summer 2007)
3. Woe and Whipped Cream (summer 2008)
4. Pale Memories (spring 2008)
5. Ellowyne in Whine (Fall 2009)
6. Ennui in Oz (2009 Dollz in Oz Exclusive)
7. Moody Blue (Spring 2009)
8. A crying Shame (spring 2010)
9. A day of Ennui (2010 even exclusive)
10. My tell tale heart (fall 2010)
11. Letting off steam (2010 tonner con exlusive)
12. Tea Ennui and Me Amber and Ellowyne (2011 exclusive)
13. Blithe Spirit (2011 UFDC exclusive)
14. Tears of Endearment (2011 spring)
15. Bittersweat (2010 spring)
16. A Fluttering Heart (2012)

not sold out

17. Renaissance Romantic
18. Woefully Bewitched
19. Lanquid
20. Stolen Moments

So that's my list of fav's that I'd like to own.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »
I LOVE My Telltale Heart...if I had unlimited funds, I'd have to have her.

I also wouldn't mind having NeverMore, A Dark and Stormy Night, and Feeling Drained

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ellowyne made it home! Pics now!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »

~Rodan+Fields~

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
Very pretty girl!

Offline glory78

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 09:24:03 PM »
She's beautiful!  Are you as in love as you thought you'd be?  I've been stalking these dolls for over a year but can never quite make up my mind.
glory
Glory78

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 05:31:13 AM »
She's beautiful!  Are you as in love as you thought you'd be?  I've been stalking these dolls for over a year but can never quite make up my mind.
glory

Thanks, and yes!  I want to get at least one more, so she's not the only one in her size that I own...but picking just one is difficult!  I definitely want another though.  Her face is beautiful, and I love her proportions.  I just wish her clothes weren't so expensive!  lol

~Rodan+Fields~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal