collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.  (Read 66629 times)

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
Re: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.
« Reply #495 on: April 28, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »
Only a few more days left! :-)
SO PROUD OF YOU ALL! :-)
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #496 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »
Yay!  Two more points for me today.  I SO could have failed today too... candy and chocolate is so tempting... especially on Saturdays.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #497 on: April 29, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
2 for sunday:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 29, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »
Ugh, totally starting to fall off of the band wagon...
I was in an accident over a month ago and that's put me back.
I just finally started jogging more intensely on Wednesday. My back/neck still get sore off and on...
Good news is my husband has decided to buy a new bike and I love biking so hopefully we'll get out on them more as soon as it gets warmer outside.
I honestly haven't lost weight, but I do feel healthier and have been making healthier choices at meal time. Guess I've got a longer road ahead of me if want to lose lbs...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #499 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
Oh man guys, I haven't updated in forever  :yikes:  I had some health problems and sort of dropped off the face of the planet for a bit.  But I had my hip surgery last Friday and I'm totally couch bound, so I seem to have internet again!  I'll try to drag out my food and exercise log tomorrow and update.

I sort of fell off the healthy food wagon for a bit (went back to work with a bunch of guys and started eating fast food again), but I was doing great with exercise.  Now I'm eating good again, but stuck on the couch and not exercising at all (although I've managed to get to the point where I can get off the couch and go to the bathroom by myself again, which was a pretty big achievement considering all the work they did on my hip).  Hooray.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:18:16 PM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
Do we count today for points as well? 

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
Zennabug, I'm glad you are healing!  My goodness, that sounds like it was a lot that happened!  So glad you are back!

2 points for Sunday!  I hit 175 points!  Yay!!!  I'm hoping to keep up the healthy eating and exercise...

Skeen, I'm not sure if today counts for points or not?  I know we started on a Monday, so my chart only went until yesturday, but she did say April 30...

Anyway, I hit my goals!  Measured myself and was at 27" waist, (goal 28"), 32" around the tummy/belly button (I started at... 34?), and hips at 38" (I have to check, but I think my goal was 39 and start was 40).  Weight is 132 lbs (goal was 135, start 140?  Something like that).  I am so happy!  My pants are falling off of me, haha!  I don't think I've been this small since high school!  Yay! 
Now to stay away from sugary snacks...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:12:46 PM by sabathamk »

wishlist/adoptables

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »
Well, 102 if we don't count today and 103 if we do.  :)

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #503 on: May 01, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »
Point totals through April 30th... post 'em now!  FINAL POINT TALLYS NEEDED! :-)

Post Merge: May 01, 2012, 09:56:46 AM

mlp4me and Zennabug... I hope you BOTH feel better soon!  Set-backs happen in life, so when you are ready, just pick up where you left off :-) 
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #504 on: May 01, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
My end count is 88 points. I have my log from 3/9 to 4/30 on my computer. I switched to keeping a daily journal of sorts.

I didn't do as well as I wanted. I think I needed to set more gradual goals that were in keeping with my hectic schedule over this semester.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #505 on: May 01, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
Total points .......drum roll.....153 out of 182!  Very proud of myself...had some rough spots but in the end i came away with a habit of staying active. I also fit a dress that i wanted to wear today....weight is only 136...but i am closer an i like myself more:) if this happens again...i will help with prizes....i think this should be a yearly event. Great time frame and it was nice to have all of your support. Thanks for hosting and keep me posted if this happens again:) and way to go for all of you are stll with us....and as for hectic life we all have those...weights on ankles all day can help...or take a moment to jog or skip from car to building:) knowing you have tried is the best effort.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »
AH!!! Now i cant find the note ive been keeping my points on!!! :<  sadface.  I'll be back later tonight after i find it!    only been doing one point each day lately, failing at one area or the other... :/   

Post Merge: May 01, 2012, 09:26:12 PM

omygosh omygosh!!!! as of last wed when i checked i didnt make goal, but YES YES YES!!! :D :D :D   my summer pants fit!!!! :D  well... just as well as they did last year! and i hit my goal weight!!!  (unless mom's scale is screwy again!)  and I think i got the nummbers.  I am not sure as i dont have the same measuring tape i had been using (it got used in an art project *facepalm* I have like 8! why'd i have to go and cut THAT one up?!1   I never measure the same with different tapes)  YEAYEAYEAYEAYEAEYEAYEA  I didnt think it was possible!!!! :D   I got a total of 105, being as i slacked off at the end because of finals and moving back from college... :D YEAYEAYEAYEAYEA  I FIT INTO MY PAANNNTTTSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    best news all day!!!   now i dont want to take them off even though it's PJ time!  ^_________^   

Post Merge: May 01, 2012, 09:26:57 PM

and CONGRATS EVERYONE!!! WE MADE IT!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:26:57 PM by hlbmlp »
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 02, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Lost: 10 lbs

I have not measured my body specifically yet, will try to this weekend.

I also forgot to post my pic of a pony with me eating healthy.  I took the pic, but never uploaded or posted it!!!! lol

I NOW FIT into a pair of size 16 jeans that DID NOT fit in January 2012.  Whoo hoo!  Also, my cargo pants are loose in the waist (at least they feel looser).

CONGRATS TO US ALL for sticking to it and our awesome host psyknife as well!! 
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 02, 2012, 03:30:16 PM »
My final tally, including Monday, is 176 points out of a possible 184.  Not including Monday is 175 out of 182.  I am SO proud of myself, hitting all my goals!  I just hope I can continue the healthy lifestyle post Pounds for Ponies, haha.  I usually hold well through a challenge, then give in to everything afterwards!  The sugar is always the hardest for me... but I really hope to continue with water, and keep back on the pasta (not go back to 3-4x per week... blech). 

I've noticed that besides hitting my goal weight/size, I've also been needing to go shopping for new pants, haha.  I could stand to lose a little more, but I'd have to work hard core for that.  And sweet treats dont taste too good to me anymore.  They taste... fake.  How strange (but good... perhaps it will keep me from buying and eating that sort of stuff again)

Hooray for everyone!  Congrats to everyone who made it through (so far, looks like everyone who posted their final tally has done great!!!  Wow!).  I also would love to partake in this if it is done again next year!  I loved getting to know everyone here and having myself held accountable by you all!  It's been a great three months!  Thanks SO MUCH Psyknife for hosting this!

wishlist/adoptables

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #509 on: May 02, 2012, 09:49:57 PM »
mlp4me and Zennabug... I hope you BOTH feel better soon!  Set-backs happen in life, so when you are ready, just pick up where you left off :-) 

Thank you.  I'm actually feeling ok right now, all things considered.  The surgery took almost 6 hours and they had to repair a LOT of damage.  I have 3 small incisions and one long one (about 7 inches), the stitches came out today.  The insides of my hip are stiff, but not terribly painful.  In fact, 2 weeks post-op and my pain level is pretty similar to what I would have considered a normal day before.  I just can't put much weight on it (and I'm not supposed to, even if I could) because the muscles are weak, especially my IT band, which was lengthened with a graft and then reattached to my leg.  The thing that hurts the most are the incisions.  Once those heal, I'll be golden.  PT starts on Friday.

I was keeping track even while I wasn't updating, so I do have my points for whole time.  It looks like I'm at a total of 120.  Not awful, but not as good as I was hoping for  :(

Honestly, once I went back to work (week 8), I started to really struggle with food.  I'd pack lunches, but when your job is hard manual labor, a salad just doesn't really cut it at lunch time.  I'd make myself sandwiches, but watching all the guys eat burgers, burritos, and pizza was tough.  Major food envy.  I totally fell off the wagon, even though I had been doing really well.  Then sickness spread like wildfire through my work and I kept catching each illness as it hit.  The last couple weeks, I did pretty well since I was away from work.  I'm eating carefully since I'm immobile right now.  But I had to change my exercise goals after surgery (I can't even walk without crutches and a brace for another 4-5 weeks) and I've been really good about using my leg-lifting machine at LEAST the 9 hours a day they recommended to prevent atrophy.  Most days, I use it almost constantly because it keeps my leg from being too sore when I get up.  And I make sure to get up and move around the house on my crutches every few hours.  Maybe I was being generous with those points, but I feel really good about how I've done with my recovery in the last couple weeks!  I went to the doctor today and he was impressed.  But he warned me not to overdo it, so I might have to tone it down a bit.  Apparently the work they did on my IT band will be really easy to mess up since i have a graft.  *sigh*

As for my goals...
GOALS
1.) What is your goal weight?
I would like to get back down to 130.  125 would be even better.
2.) What are your goal inches?
I'd like to get down to 37" in the hips and lose a few inches off the belly too.
3.) What habits do you want to break?
I need to stop letting my husband's meal choices influence mine.  So when he eats junk, I am going to try to grab something healthy instead.
4.) What habits do you want to develop?
More fruits and veggies!  Plus, actually remembering to take my multivitamin.  And I want  get back into the habit of working out.

1.  I'm weighing in pretty consistently around 135.  So I lost maybe 5 pounds total?  It's not the 10-15 that I was hoping for, but better than I had feared with my several weeks of weakness.

2.  Need to measure, I'm not sure if I lost many (or any) inches.  But I've been in yoga pants and sweats since surgery since my leg is really tender, so I'm not sure about pants fitting.  Stretchy fabric FTW?

3.  I did ok on this one.  I kept my fridge stocked with yogurt and tried to keep fresh fruit sitting out.  Interestingly, my husband started nomming on my yogurt and healthy munchies instead of chips when they were available too.  So I've tried to keep healthy options stocked for both our sakes.

4.  I did pretty well with the multivitamin.  Heck, I'm taking so many pills right now (I've almost weaned myself completely off the painkillers, yay!) that one little vitamin is nothing.  Veggies... not so much.  I just stink at cooking them and salads are just bleh.  I need some yummy veggie recipes if anyone has some favorites they'd like to share!  More or less failed on the working out too.  Wii yoga was ok, but not terribly engaging.  I'm hoping that once my "take it easy" orders are up (not until October, since I have the other hip to fix in July), I will be able to join an actual yoga class and make it a regular part of my life as I rebuild my leg strength.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal