collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.  (Read 66620 times)

Offline leonaenae

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.
« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2012, 04:56:31 PM »
Good Luck Guys!
DeviantART |||| Tumblr
I love Comments

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2012, 06:29:41 PM »
so only 1 pt yesterday.... no excersize.....bleh.... buuuttt today i found ankle weights at the thrifty!!! been wearing them ever since... because im a geek and have flared pants on today! ^__^      no ddr today though because i went home..... bleh... so just one point.
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »
Ooh!  Ankle weights!  What an awesome idea!  I'd wear them to town, haha.

Tomorrow is dance class again.  I bet our teacher is going to make us do that 1minute dance 15 times or so... my hips will be so sore.  I tried dancing in my grass skirt(s) today and it feels so neat with all the swooshiness, haha.

Today I got two points.  I'm finding it harder to exercise... I have no prob doing my walks when I take the kids outside (I jog around in circles for 15 minutes and then walk the other 15 while they play and give me pretend cookies and hotdogs, haha), but today was raining so we stayed indoors.  Blah.  Those mini eggs were calling me all day and I managed not to give in too much... only had a few!  Way better than I normally am with those things (now that I know how much sugar and calories they pack, ouch).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »
Hi everyone!!!  Just got back from a weekend trip up to MI for a friends wedding.  TOTALLY went off-diet, and I'm really feeling bloated now.  On the plus side, I walked and danced a TON on 3 of the days I was away.  So, I get exercize points for 3 of the days but not nutrition points.  We shall see how much damage I did tomorrow at weigh-in . . . I feel gross too from all that eating out and soda.  Back to my diet/nutrition play tomorrow also.  I actually missed my fruits and veggies while I was gone.  That alone shows how much this has altered my lifestyle.  For the good!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #469 on: April 17, 2012, 07:47:48 AM »
Can you believe there is only a few weeks left????????

I can't wait to see final results and hand out prizes!  Those who are still here rockin' it are AWESOME and I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!  You've proven to yourself that you DO have it in you to do this!!!! :-)

sabathamk - you've got some great food choices in there, and your balance of foods seems nice too :)

The reason I ask about foot intake from people is because I find that planning is really KEY.  A big part of any exercise/nutrition is PLANNING. You can't just throw it to the wind and hope for results.  Sure, planning takes time and thought... but it's only through planning and knowing WHAT you are doing/eating that you can analyze if it's working and change things where they need to be changed.  If you don't have a plan and don't know really what you are doing or not doing, it's hard to know where changes can be made.
I always plan... what workout I'm doing on what day... what food I'm eating.  I bring snacks with me... A LOT... so that I'm not tempted by the bad things.

Right now I'm actually heading to Florida with my parents... I brought lots of little portioned containers of trail mix I made with me because I know that they don't eat as often as I need to (they eat big meals maybe twice per day... which isn't ideal), and they don't always eat at places I will want to eat... so, PREPARE!  You've got to PREPARE for SUCCESS! :)

Keep rockin' it, PONIES! :)
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline hlbmlp

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 17, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
been sick... so not great, but i have been getting in my water!!! :3  o where i leave off?  o ok. sat i had 1pt.  sunday 1pt... and monday 1pt... just couldnt do my excersize... tried... but failed.... It's really been an off weekend though..... 
I just hope that i dont gain a bunch from drinking fizzy things to help with my cold... :/
My Etsy . My Blog

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
Hi loves!

It's been bumpier than ever lately, my family has been sick as well, but I'm still in the race!

Congrats!!!  So much hard work is starting to pay off!!

94 points

Week of April 9th:
Monday: 1 point!  Exercised!
Tuesday: 1 point! Exercised!
Wednesday: 1 point!  Exercised
Thursday: 1 point!  Exercised
Friday:  2 points!  1,548 cals and 169 exercise!
Saturday: 0 points
Sunday: 1 point, exercised!
101 points!
Week of April 16:
Monday: 1 point for walking, I was ill and did not eat much, but I didn't keep track so no points
Tuesday: 2 points!  I overindulged, so I worked out longer to even it back out :)
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:39:46 AM by Colorscapesart »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »
Just got done with my play....now i just need to catch up...will post soon.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 17, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »
Let's see...

Saturday - 2 pts
Sunday - 2 pts
Monday - 2 pts

Psyknife, I know what you mean when you talk about planning.  I make myself a daily checklist, and my workouts are on there.  In fact, I have not lost one point yet due to missing exercise this whole time!  My nutrition goals are easier too since I plan all my meals, and when to drink water and such.  I can hardly believe how much of my time lately has been spent on food, though.  I looked through our budget and realized that we are spending a whopping 1 1/2 times what we used to on groceries per month due to buying so much more fruits and veggies (besides just potatoes and carrots) and making all my meals!  I can't believe it.  I thought the money would be less instead of more (although, prices have risen over the last few months on just about everything, and we don't buy dressing anymore, I make it, and it costs more and is eaten quicker cause it tastes better... cereal is expensive and we hardly buy it though... not sure what is going on there).  Thankfully we hardly throw a thing out as I use all the leftovers in making soups.  Meal planning helps with using everything too.

I've been so depressed lately.  I'm tired of exercising an hour a day, and spending almost 2-3 hours making food, cleaning up from food, cleaning up from food again, etc.  I feel so blah from it all.  Still doing it, and knowing it's best, but still.  And now with bread prices rocketing too, I'm thinking I'll have to load up on flour when it is on sale and make all my own (and I don't want to).  Please tell me I'm not alone!

wishlist/adoptables

Offline hlbmlp

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 17, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
sabathamk, no your not the only one... even before getting sick, ive just been so... blah!  and havent been keeping up with excersize.... not good.... I admire you for not caving yet!!!

it's hard for me to plan the food thing because i dont make my food.  I eat at our cafeteria because i have to....  just an example of our food  :  tonight's "dinner" :     fried pretzels, pizza, corndogs, rice, hamburgers, fries, handmade potatoe chips all greesy and covered in cheese and baccon (yuummm), quesadillas, hohos, icecream, snow cones and cereal..... and i swear everythign except the icecream and hohos and sno cones are drenched in olive oil....  i once squeezed ONE slice of pizza and filled a bowl (about a cup and a half i think)   drinks... always out of milk, really bad lemonade, soda, and juice(breakfast only).
that's why i only put water on my food list, and not so much soda and dew.  :/
I usually stick to my plan for excersize, though i have been missing alot lately... finals time... i just havent had time... 
soooo i have been wearing my ankle weights almost everywhere i have to walk! :3  or i do excersize on a non excersize day.
My Etsy . My Blog

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #475 on: April 18, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
Finally time to update...april 11 2 points....opening night!!! I do mini work outs before my shows because i get more energy..and my part was very hi energy!!! Apirl 12 1 point...got a work out in but back stage snacks got the best of me....april 13 2 points....only had my apple and one piece of candy...i totally have control sometimes. 14 was the last show but 2 performances...so 1 for work out...i was way sore....ate horrible food and snacks as that was all to eat...sigh next time bringing my own dinner. April 15 back to ddr!!! So love so 2 points. April 16 2 points...so getting back on track. April 17 2 points...and 18 ....2 points! Yeah all caught up....with so many bad cal days i feel so icky and that i have put on weight...no weigh in until the last day....if i do not go down past 139.... i will not take it well...i have work hard to not crush my spirit....at the end i can make a new pony goal....i know the wedding castle will be coming out so i can make that my new goal!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #476 on: April 18, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
For those feeling "blah"... are you sure that you are eating ENOUGH?  Sometimes, when exercising and watching what we eat... a LOT of people tend to eat TOO LITTLE, which can really affect mood and energy levels.

Post Merge: April 18, 2012, 06:28:41 PM

hlbmlp - can you make requests at your cafeteria for healthier options????  Heck, I'd get people and a petition going!!!!!!  That's a horrible selection of food! :-O
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline hlbmlp

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 18, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
hlbmlp - can you make requests at your cafeteria for healthier options????  Heck, I'd get people and a petition going!!!!!!  That's a horrible selection of food! :-O
man... we tried that last year and they got mad at us, gave us raw tofu that sits out all day and made us pay $1000 more a semester......  I'm kinda afraid to ask.... besides, there's only one week left this year. ^_^ yea!  maybe i can make my target!
My Etsy . My Blog

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 19, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »
I agree, hlbmlp, that selection is terrible!  To make you pay more for better foods seems ridiculous.  Rice and chicken is relatively cheap, or even burritoes not fried in so much oil (oil is pricey, actually) with tomatoes would be good.  I'd probably be making most of my own meals anyway cause I'd feel so sick with all that.  Sandwhiches are good!  With carrots and such.  Even if they offered more fresh fruits and veggies... it's not much work to open a bag of baby carrots and have a few jars of dressing available!!

Tuesday - 2 points
Wednesday - 2 points
Today I've already done my workout and had 5 cups of water.  I'm planning on having some green tea, soaking in the tub, and maybe dancing a bit more yet too.  I did 1/2 hour of yoga and 1/2 hour of jogging in place, plus 10 minutes straight belly dance (that dance is crazy... although I'm sure I've mentioned that before ;)  )  I want to work on my Midna costume yet today, so since the kids are napping I should pull that out.  Having troubles with some of it and been getting depressed.

As for how much food I'm eating, I know I'm eating a lot.  I haven't really changed my number of calories since I started, just been rearranging them from sugar to meat/dairy/veggies/fruits...  Some days I have 2100 calories!  No joke!  It's craziness, haha.  I've just been getting bored with it all.  I don't stick with one thing very long and have been suprised with how long I've done this and kept trucking with it!  Today I vowed I won't have one mini egg!  I don't want any sugar for that matter because I'm giving myself a 'spa day' today... trying a few detox things, avocado mask, that sort of thing.  it's supposed to be national spa week this week, and this is what I'm doing since I can't afford to go to a spa even with the reduced prices.  :(

wishlist/adoptables

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #479 on: April 19, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
Two points for me today....Its hard to get back on track...want to go all out on food today:P Good thing I had a house to clean or I would have dove into the bag of jelly beans my husband thinks he has hidden so well:P HA! He tries to keep our goodies in hiding so I can be better with my sweet tooth.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal