collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Curious: how did you choose your user name?  (Read 22971 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Re: Curious: how did you choose your user name?
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »
Surfstar was the pony I liked the best from the G3 line and I wanted a pony name when I got tired of being TAFSeashell (which I was for years and years - I joined the original MLPTP in 96). Everywhere else on the interwebs I go by Cyzzane though. It's a combination of names of my favorite characters from Final Fantasy 7 and 9.

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
Back in the day, when I was creating my first email address ever, I wanted to make is [email protected], but that was taken.  So, I thought, well, Psylocke uses Psychic Knives (she's an X-Men character, FYI), so "psyknife" came out of that.  It's just an online user handle that stuck with me early on.. so, I created the persona of Psy-Pony and rolled w/it :-)
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »
@ZennaBug: That last drawing just melts my heart. I had a rat named Shiver and she was so affectionate.

Thanks, it's my favorite bookmark!  Funny enough, Zenna was a gigantic brat  XD  She was terrified of me when I got her (she and her sister were rescues and very under-socialized) at about a year old.  Her sister (Cosette) was the sweet one, but died inside my hoodie a few weeks after bringing them home, she came to me with a horrible respiratory infection and there wasn't anything the vets could do.  Zenna became really mopey, so I brought home a little baby to keep her company.

The baby (Lani) really brought Zenna out of her shell and after 5 or 6 months, she'd hang out happily in the hood of my sweater.  She hated being held for the most part, but she loved hoodies!  It wasn't until she started having health problems at the age of 3 that she started to appreciate being pet.  The last 2 months of her life, she became very sweet and snuggly.  I always admired her spirit though, even when she was a brat.  Spunky little thing  XD  Rescued from awful conditions, sister died, then she lived for 3 more years!

See, that's awesome. I'm a sucker for strong-spirited-animal stories like that.

And I must lol, because when I got a baby rat to keep Shiver company since I couldn't give her as much time as I'd used to, Shiver never warmed up to her and got foaming jealous whenever I gave the baby attention. After a month or so I gave up and put them in separate cages. :/

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2012, 12:39:40 AM »
Cindy was a grey kitten I had when I was about 4. I was the only person she liked, haha. We only had her for a year or two before she got ill, though, and I spent the rest of my childhood missing her.

But why I chose Sydney instead of Cindy is a little confusing to me, though. I suppose it has to do with one memory from a sleepover when I was 6 or so. We were all playing some stupid game and I had to make a wish, so I wished for Cindy back. There was a girl there named Sydney and they all thought I said her name instead of my cat's, then made fun of me a bit. I got upset at them but didn't want to tell them about Cindy, so I just pouted instead :'D Again, I have no idea why that silly little memory sprang up and became part of the username I eventually chose.

And...pie, just because this is a pony site, I thought of Pinkie Pie, and I felt Sydney alone would be too bare? I'm not so sure :P

Edit: I can't type!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:42:18 AM by sydneypie »

Bee-chan

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »
Welllll...

Bee is actually a take on the Hebrew meaning of my name, Debra ( Deborah ). In Hebrew, it means, "Queen Bee". I had first heard about this in grade school, when my class did a fun thing on the meanings of our names.

It didn't hit home until I went to trade school, though. I was researching the meanings of names for my characters ( I wanted the names of two of my characters to match up with their personalities ). Then I became bored, looked up MY name in the book I was looking through, re-found out my name meant Queen Bee, and since I was looking to create a persona for myself anyway, I took on the whole bee theme.

My time in trade school just happened to be during my early anime fan phase as well, so I just HAD to have a Japanese pen name ( shoot me, please... ). I tried going with Mitsubachi, buuuuuuut... it didn't roll of the tongue well, and it wasn't fun.

So I went with Bee-chan instead. Why Bee-chan? Because I loved ( and still love ) P-CHAN from the anime and manga, "Ranma 1/2". I liked the pen name even more when I found out I was basically calling myself, "Little Bee", or, "Cute Bee".

However, since I am now out of that uber phase ( let's just say I'm in the sorta mature phase ), I myself have dropped the -chan part, but still allow friends and fans ( Oo... I have fans? ) to call me Bee-chan, and I still answer to it.

Bee is now my official nickname, though.

Offline nuttertasha

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2012, 02:42:07 AM »
my story is a bit hard to tell but my best friend said i saw like a butterfly dont know why it stuck and even when she was in hospital she still called me butterfly.

gypsie rose i have know idea where they came from just popped into my head
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »
Windsong came from misreading the pony of a similar name. There's a G1 and G3 pony named "Wingsong", but at a glance I thought it said "Windsong". I liked the idea of "Windsong" because it reminded me of a part on a level of Yoshi's Story for N64. And it's just a cool name. I ended up taking it and making up a persona (once I discovered that the real MLP wasn't named Windsong). Here's what she looks like (this adopt was made by badjuju86):

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
@ZennaBug: That last drawing just melts my heart. I had a rat named Shiver and she was so affectionate.

Thanks, it's my favorite bookmark!  Funny enough, Zenna was a gigantic brat  XD  She was terrified of me when I got her (she and her sister were rescues and very under-socialized) at about a year old.  Her sister (Cosette) was the sweet one, but died inside my hoodie a few weeks after bringing them home, she came to me with a horrible respiratory infection and there wasn't anything the vets could do.  Zenna became really mopey, so I brought home a little baby to keep her company.

The baby (Lani) really brought Zenna out of her shell and after 5 or 6 months, she'd hang out happily in the hood of my sweater.  She hated being held for the most part, but she loved hoodies!  It wasn't until she started having health problems at the age of 3 that she started to appreciate being pet.  The last 2 months of her life, she became very sweet and snuggly.  I always admired her spirit though, even when she was a brat.  Spunky little thing  XD  Rescued from awful conditions, sister died, then she lived for 3 more years!

See, that's awesome. I'm a sucker for strong-spirited-animal stories like that.

And I must lol, because when I got a baby rat to keep Shiver company since I couldn't give her as much time as I'd used to, Shiver never warmed up to her and got foaming jealous whenever I gave the baby attention. After a month or so I gave up and put them in separate cages. :/

Zenna had incredible maternal instincts.  She adored babies  :)  She and Lani were inseperable!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »
o man well... it's my initials and mlp... i came up with it in 4th grade when i got my email and joined some groups.... never stopped using it. ^__^
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »
When I was at pony camp over the summer (many summers actually) my nickname was "Ponytails."  It started out because my hair was always in a ponytail AND I was the best at briading the manes and tails of our horses and ponies.  I liked it, and it stuck.  When I was old enough to get email and go online I was surprised no one else seemed to use that name.  So, I kept it and have used it ever since.  It suits me still.  I did not get a persona pony designed for it till 3 years ago though, despite having the nickname for quite longer then that AND being on the pony-boards longer then that.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
Last spring I was worried that one of my coworkers had found my blog, so I wanted to change the domain name.  My husband decided he would change his at the same time, and we tossed around names for a couple of days before I told him I was going to register coinoperatedboy.net for him, since we're both huge Amanda Palmer fan and she has a song called Coin Operated Boy.  He didn't want that very, but I discovered coinoperatedgirl.net was available, and decided to register it.  Then he wanted coinoperatedboy, so now we have matching blog names that are very much our style.  The nickname's stuck for a while and I like it a lot more than some of the other things I've used.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2012, 05:19:06 AM »
My husband calls me ponylady because wherever you go in our house there is something pony related hanging around.  I thought it was cute so there ya go!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
I've been Kalavista since I was 16 - so for 14 years. DANG - I didn't realize it had been that long!! @_@

Back in the day it was a character I was writing about and it stuck; now I'm Kalavista everywhere!

kmlv23

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 12:20:36 AM »
It was the 'pawprint' assigned to me by my old university. Bittersweet now...

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 12:31:47 AM »
Mine came from a baseball anime called Big Windup (Ookiku Furikabutte). The main character's name is Ren Mihashi, but his cousin calls him Ren-Ren (which he hates, heh heh).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:15:43 AM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal