collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 164654 times)

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
Woo! Had to share my joy. :) I managed to pick up the two main CAM pack fashions with shoes for a steal on ebay today and split the Clawdeed bunk bed with a nice person on LJ! Now I'll have somewhere to display all my incoming new girls, granted I'll have to move my booze collection to another shelf. :P

I also forgot to mention that I finally broke down and bought a Home Ick Frankie, so altogether I currently have about 5 dolls enroute to me. Can't wait!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »
woo!  congrats on all the new purchases.  I'm trying to decide if I want the bunk bed, lol...I wish I'd gotten the Hydration Station when it was readily available at Wal-Mart.  I went hunting for dolls this past weekend, but all the toy departments looked like they'd been ransacked!  I have to go to Wal-Mart tonight AND the TRU is right up the street, so maybe I'll run in and see if it looks any better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2012, 08:43:48 AM »
I just found operetta and nefera at Target! So excited!
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2012, 08:49:02 AM »

That's exciting! Your in New England right? Just one state off from me. I'll be hitting my local stores this week for sure. * fingers crossed *

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »
Hi everyone!

Brand-new Monster High collector here.  I've been researching them for about a week online (I'm disabled and buy 95% of everything online) but could never pull the trigger. Well, yesterday we ran out of sundries so I went to Target, and they had ONE MH doll left. The entire section was cleared out! But it was Frankie in Home Ick, and I fell in love, even though I wasn't planning on getting a Frankie at all! I brought her home and deboxed her, and I was really just amazed at the level of detail these dolls have. I never played with dolls much as a kid, and pretty much gave up toys completely at 8, but these are SO COOL.

I ended up going BACK out last night and checked TRU and another Target. I found a good selection of MH, but just got Lagoona Blue in Mad Science and the cafe outfit for Frankie. Oh, and a lenticular folder. (I save some box art, folder works for that.)

Today I plan to swing by my WalMart, even though it's a really small crappy one, and see what they've got there. Then I can order everything else I want online! All this running around is really hard for me, but the prices are just too high online for me to not try!

My girls ---

I really want Ghoulia and Spectra in their basic outfits. Ghoulia was the one I saw online and really caught my attention, and Spectra is just gorgeous!

So that's my sad little story. I'm really glad I found these, though!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
We have 12 dolls enroute  now. I better get that shelf  painted today :)

creampuf

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »
I don't think your story is sad! You scored some majorly pretty girls.

Since you shop online I've had the best success with Amazon for the dolls. I made a wishlist with the dolls I want and I check it a few times a day. Usually at some point all the dolls wind up there with normal retail prices and sometimes with free super saver shipping ^_^

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »
I don't think your story is sad! You scored some majorly pretty girls.

Since you shop online I've had the best success with Amazon for the dolls. I made a wishlist with the dolls I want and I check it a few times a day. Usually at some point all the dolls wind up there with normal retail prices and sometimes with free super saver shipping ^_^

This ^  I've had the best luck online with Amazon too...you've just got to check back several times a day as things are sold and re-stocked constantly.  I've even gotten a couple for cheaper than retail.  So glad you've gotten hooked with the rest of us!  The detail, quality, and articulation is what grabbed my attention as well.  I was ONLY going to get the original Ghoulia and Draculaura (because I love zombies and vampires)  but now I have 20 or so dolls...and an ever-growing want list!

and I'm SO 

That's exciting! Your in New England right? Just one state off from me. I'll be hitting my local stores this week for sure. * fingers crossed *

I'm in NE too!  This excites me...if they're in MA, hopefully they'll hit VT soon!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »
Thanks everyone! I will definitely be keeping an eye on Amazon then.

And 20 dolls! I probably won't get that many *crosses fingers* but I've already told myself they can have one of my bookshelves...but I have big bookcases, and these dolls are super skinny! I could fit 10-15, easy. But I am very finicky about what I like, and I don't like buying doubles, so maybe I can keep it from getting out of control like the ponies did.

But the clothes! And the SHOES! They're darling. I need all the shoes. ALL OF THEM.

Speaking of, what other clothes and shoes fit MH? I found some answers on the Internet, but I trust you guys. Bratz, maybe? There was this cute little trenchcoat with pink rain boots, which isn't only adorable but an outfit I own!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
And 20 dolls! I probably won't get that many *crosses fingers* but I've already told myself they can have one of my bookshelves...but I have big bookcases, and these dolls are super skinny! I could fit 10-15, easy. But I am very finicky about what I like, and I don't like buying doubles, so maybe I can keep it from getting out of control like the ponies did.

Yeah, I said I wasn't going to get duplicates either...but I end up NEEDING every incarnation of Ghoulia and Draculaura, lol!  So far I only have one of each of the rest of them...though Sweet 1600 Frankie is after my heart. 

As for clothes, I'm not sure...I tend to keep my MH girls in their stock, and I need to find a nude Ghoulia so I can get the fashion pack for her too.  But I know a lot of people re-dress theirs, so I'm sure SOMEBODY can help. 

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »
My Target in Kingston, MA had two Nefera's in stock when I popped in there about an hour ago for $20... stings a bit, since I bought her online for $30 plus shipping... oh well. haha  :lol:

I deboxed my Skull Shores Frankie today, as well as C.A. Cupid. I find it odd that neither of them came with hairbrushes.... in fact, Frankie came with no accessories at all, just her stand. hmmm....

EmoKuu

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »
 :cry: I need a hug!

We finally got new dolls in my area (Estonia, so Eastern EU and Nordics look out, you guys should have Toralei, Abbey, 2.0 Clawdeen and Spectra in your stores any moment now!) and I almost got a heart attack when I saw the full endcap with Abbey, Spectra and Toralei all staring back at me. I had been looking at first edition Spectras on ebay all day but I don't dare buy one from there at the risk of getting a second edition one. All of the Spectras at the store were second edition! So I ended up leaving empty handed as I already have Toralei's stock and the verdict is out on Abbey so far. :( Sniff! 

We've only gotten the signature and DT lines here so far and I was sure that the next time something showe dup here I'd be all over it. Alas!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
What's the difference with the second edition Spectra? Now I'm curious as to which one mine is...

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »
I don't know about all the differences, but I think the first one had all black ball-chain earrings while the 2nd edition had black/silver ones...

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »
What's the difference with the second edition Spectra? Now I'm curious as to which one mine is...

Like barbgirl said, first one had all black ball/chain earrings, while the second release has silvery gray chains as well as accessories that are a bit more translucent.

I know wickedwonderland had a picture of them side by side on the old Arena, but it keeps re-routing back here before I can find it. Maybe she'll come along and re-post it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal