collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have questions? We have answers!  (Read 45354 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have questions? We have answers!
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
I made a summary of questions made so far:

Board features:

all the posts from the old board are not showing up...?
in progress being moved over, they will be here eventually

What are the little yellow squares:
Mods have 1 yellow square in forums they don't moderate and green squares in forums they do. Regular members number of squares are based on post count and are always yellow. Mods have only 1 square to keep us from blending in to the other regular members quite so much. We are working on possibly changing them into more fun things but we aren't sure yet.

will the gallery be back?
The galleries are being worked on. Eventually the old ones will be available for everyone to get their photos.

Is the classifieds section simply not moved over yet?
Classifieds will be coming, once we can find a compatible option.

where on this site would one post fanfiction?
We don't have a fanfiction area on the site anymore, but you can post a link in Off Topic if you like. There's also a stickied thread in OT that links to our separate fanfic forum.

Will there eventually be a forum menu on the side like the old site had?
We are looking into the side bar.
For now, at the bottom there's a "Jump to" pull down menu that you can directly go to other forums on the board

Will we eventually be getting the shout block back?
I was unable to find one compatible to this forum's version, but hopefully one will crop up someday and we can install it.

is there a way to change colors of the forum yet? will we get more themes in the future?
Themes :  YES! more are coming

Are we going to get a next/previous page button?
(not yet answered?)

In the old Arena, all new posts appeared with bold writing. Now all new posts and all posts with new replies appear with the "New" icon next to them. Is there anyway to make it so that actual new topics are differentiated on the boards?
We are looking into it.

Is the new forum permanently at http://mlparena.com/mlp, or will it move back to http://mlparena.com?
I believe we are planning a redirect after the posts are moved but I'll check!

is there a possible chance of getting a mobile version of the site?
(not yet answered?)

Is Bridgetsmum still the site owner? If not, who is? is she aware of this move to the new site? Will she be here to comment on it?
To the best of my knowledge, yes. She is aware of the move and will comment here as necessary. 

Are you still looking for new mods and if so how do you apply?
I believe we will be looking for new moderators for certain forums.  There will be threads posted about this when the time comes around

I want to donate!! Can we do that somewhere?
we are working on it. It might take a week or two before we can get something set up, we have several issues to iron out before we get to that point!

Posting:

can we edit our posts? I feel blind here...
You can edit your post, there should be a "Modify" button next to the "quote." 

I just posted in a thread, and while it shows on the Corral board that I posted, when I click on the thread my post isn't there
this is a glitch, we are working on it

I can not bump my thread, my posts just get merged.
we have it set so that you can bump after 24 hours

I need to get things going with a swap/trade/sales I'm in. Should I make a new thread or wait for the existing thread to be moved over?
You don't need to make a new sales post because the old ones are coming, but I also don't think there would be a problem if you made a new one to sell in the meantime. Has the swap started yet? If not, I'd make a new thread. If it has, I'd probably wait a few days in an attempt to keep everything more organized.

I can't find how to get to my PMs
At the top of your page on the text row starting with the big orange "home" button, should be text that says "My Messages".
You can also access the pm's from your profile

I see my Inbox messages, but not my "Saved messages".
My saved messages seemed to be tagged on to the end of my inbox. Go to the last few pages of your inbox and they should be there.

There doesn't seem to be an Outbox either.
I did notice that if you run your mouse over the little icon next to the message in your "sentbox" it will tell you if it has been read or not.

I don't have all my old pm's back yet, haven't the newest ones transfered yet?
PMs from the 7th of January forward are available on the archived site only.
Please clean out your old PM's ASAP.That data will not remain in your archived inbox forever.

Will we have a little notice next to My Messages when we get a PM, or do we just have to keep clicking on My Messages whenever we want to know if we have anything?
There will be a little number next to "My Messages" if you have a PM.
And I get a pop-up asking if I want to open it in a new window whenever I get one. (this is in your pm settings)

Is there a limit to the amount of messages in your in box or sent box? I remember that there was a limit on the old arena and that you couldn't receive new message if it was full.
I'm really not sure if there is a limit to our inboxes. Maybe one of the admin can answer but I'm not sure if we've looked in to that yet.

How do I find peoples feedbacks?
Feedback is only currently available next to a person's name and I don't believe there are plans to change that.
The individual feedback is linked directly to your profile. You can search for specific members using the Member List at the top.

How do I leave feedback for someone now?
If you click their "Trade Count" There is text that says "Submit feedback for *insert user here*". Click that.

my feedback page is messed up (dates out of order, feedback showing as anonymous etc)
Under construction. They are planning to organize and deal with feedback a bit better after everything else moved over and big things taken care of

There was a thread set up in Trader support for Feedback to be posted for all newbies who didnt have their own feedback profile yet. will these posts be automatically added to my feedback profile now that i have one in this new arena?
will the newb feedback be slowly moving there from the old thread or should we ask people to re-leave feed back for us?

does this mean the temporary feedbacks will eventually be added? or do we need to ask trade partners to leave feedback again?
I will double check with Loa, but I'm pretty sure the others will be manually added as we get caught up. We have to parse through it all to make sure none is duplicated (ie left in the thread and submitted through the regular system).

I was wondering if there's anyway to have feedback removed if the member was banned? I have one negative & the member who left it ended up getting banned for shady business & multiple id's. I don't feel that's it's fair to be negatively rated by a scammer.
You can contact Loa about getting that feedback removed.

problem spotting:

my custom Rank is gone
Head over to Off Topic.  There is a sticky on the subject there

I'm not allowed to access my profile
This problem should be fixed now, if not let a mod or admin know.

I can not see the full task bar, I only see "Home, Help, Rules and Logout"
This problem should be fixed now, if not let a mod or admin know.

While the old Arena was having problems recently my new posts were not adding to my post count, its been stuck on 474 for a long time, will those posts ever be added to my count?
Due to the glitch of the old Arena, those never-counted posts are forever lost to the ether.

my trade count shows as zero
(not yet answered?)

I am logged out although my sessions are set for 'forever'
When you saved the link to the arena in your favorites, did you save it before or after you logged in? I had that happen to me too and had to go back and delete the previous favorites listing and save it again after I logged in.

How do I upload a new avatar?
You can upload an avatar through your Profile and then Profile settings.

Does align centre work in sigs anymore?I cant edit my Sig to add icons or change fonts, like color or align...
The code should be working, I will take a look.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:12:30 AM by tootie_tails »
-

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
wow great work tootie_tails!! that is super helpful!!  :good:

new question!! its minor, but i just thought i would ask:

When i use my iphone/itouch i cannot scroll right/left. so when there are large pics i can only see half of them... not sure if thats even fixable but i thought i would try :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:00:33 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »
Just on the align in sigs thing, I think the code has changed slightly from before, as I found when reposting announcements. It may be that the code needs re-doing to the new system.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »
Mine aren't in order, but several say they are from "Anonymous".  Hmm... *edited because I meant to say "aren't" not "are"

I have an Anonymous feedback, I don't have many so I know remember who it was, and I know she's changed her username since leaving feedback so I'm guessing the system didn't recognise her when the old fbs were moved over. It's likely that your Anonymous feedbacks have occured for the same reason. Hope this helps :)

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
Two questions. 
Will we be getting a complete string of numbers at the bottom of each thread?  I find having just page 1 ... 10 11 12 takes a *lot* of time to navigate to, say, page 6 on a DSi and it fills the memory up.

Secondly, Should we delete the PMs from the archived site so the ones we want will be transfered over?  Will you be transferring PMs automatically at some point or should we tell you that we need them?

I'd also like to chip in that the side menu is very useful :)  I know it's a pending question but it's super useful for DS and iphone use.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
Mine aren't in order, but several say they are from "Anonymous".  Hmm... *edited because I meant to say "aren't" not "are"

I have an Anonymous feedback, I don't have many so I know remember who it was, and I know she's changed her username since leaving feedback so I'm guessing the system didn't recognise her when the old fbs were moved over. It's likely that your Anonymous feedbacks have occured for the same reason. Hope this helps

Likely the Anonymous feedbacks are either people that changes usernames, or people that didn't include their username at all (some just used their first name or something, which wouldn't link to any user account).

Two questions. 
Will we be getting a complete string of numbers at the bottom of each thread?  I find having just page 1 ... 10 11 12 takes a *lot* of time to navigate to, say, page 6 on a DSi and it fills the memory up.

Secondly, Should we delete the PMs from the archived site so the ones we want will be transfered over?  Will you be transferring PMs automatically at some point or should we tell you that we need them?

I'd also like to chip in that the side menu is very useful :)  I know it's a pending question but it's super useful for DS and iphone use.

I can look into the settings for page numbers, but there's no guarantees.

PMs - what is there is what is going to be there. Anything that was sent or received on the old site from Jan 7 until we opened here will remain there only. So you will have to manually save the data from those PMs somehow.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »
I've noticed something strange. If I go to edit a post I made, it won't let me right click and select "paste" like it's not even showing as an option. I've had this happen twice now. It's fine if I'm doing a new reply, though. Like I was just editing a response to someone and had copied a link from a website, but it wouldn't let me paste it. Before that, I copied some text from another site and tried to paste it in a modified post of mine, and same thing. I can see this being a problem, especially since I tend to use copy & paste a lot to add image links to my trade post, which is edited pretty often.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
I have a question:   Are we allowed to hold raffles?   I have a large MLP item I am having trouble selling and I thought a raffle would be a fun way to get it sold!  <3

Still, I didn't want to break any rules so I wanted to ask.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »
Raffles are fine :) Just be sure to be careful with Paypal, if anyone buying tickets uses the word raffle they will shut your account down. :(
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
Yikes!   Thanks for the warning.   Not sure I want to take that risk now.   I can't afford to have my Paypal account shut down.  :/

Though, I guess if people were willing I could take payment via snail mail.  :P

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
Raffles are hard to hold, as the community has been burned before with raffles and many tend to be pretty raffle shy with good reason. And unless you have something pretty sought after, raffles tend to not bring in a whole lot.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
This is more of a question about the archived Arena than this one, but will an Admin be posting a link to this Arena on the old Arena? Not everyone has facebook or twitter to follow the updates, myself included, and so not all of the members may be aware that this one's up and running  :good:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2012, 06:56:48 PM »
I´m seconding this! :) I just now found out Arena is up and running and it was a complete accident ^^ I was checking the old Arena in the meanwhile, so it would be good to let people know there as well :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »
me too, i just realized that the new arena was active only when i opened my facebook (i don´t like facebook )

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
Ooh, I can be helpful!  :lol:

I discovered (by accident) that if you click on the ... part, all the page numbers will appear, and then you can click on the one you want from there! :)

I've noticed something strange. If I go to edit a post I made, it won't let me right click and select "paste" like it's not even showing as an option. I've had this happen twice now. It's fine if I'm doing a new reply, though. Like I was just editing a response to someone and had copied a link from a website, but it wouldn't let me paste it. Before that, I copied some text from another site and tried to paste it in a modified post of mine, and same thing. I can see this being a problem, especially since I tend to use copy & paste a lot to add image links to my trade post, which is edited pretty often.

I had this happen too, but one of the times I tried again, just in a different spot in the reply/edit window, and it pasted.   You kind of have to right click in several different places before you get it to give you the options you want.   And yeah, I use copy & paste a lot, so know it is really frustrating.     

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal