collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Swag From C2E2! (And a celebrity cupcake!)  (Read 818 times)

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
MLP Swag From C2E2! (And a celebrity cupcake!)
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »
So, for those who don't know, C2E2 is the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. Sort of the Midwest's answer to San Diego Comic Con. I got to go for Sunday only this year, but what a Sunday!

Here's all my swag!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Squee! I *had* to get the Fluttershy shirt since I adore her and her tiny, little yay! My girlfriend got the brony shirt and the :muffin: Pony bag for her 13 year old son (total brony and so proud of it!).  That huge back drop is actually a big shopping bag that we got for free for buying the shirts and :muffin: Pony bag. It's HUGE! I plan on using it for a laundry bag.

They are all from www.welovefine.com if anyone's interested in checking out their stuff. They had some GORGEOUS art-deco style pony shirts and art prints, :muffin: Pony shirts, Lyra shirts, Dr. Whooves shorts, everything. I was spoiled for choice!

You can also see my I Love My Library pin. A sheet of magnets and a coffee mug from the Chicago Red Eye (which is a free daily paper here in Chi-Town).  There was also a stand giving away free books, so I got Laurell K. Hamilton's Harlequin and three old pulp fantasy novels.

And you can see a cupcake in a plastic container there, which needs some explanation.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The entire reason I got to go at all is because I (and my girlfriemd) are both huge Lord of the Rings fans and Sean Astin (who played Samwise Gamgee, as well as Rudy in Rudy, and Mikey in Goonies) was there. I bought this cupcake from Bleeding Heart Bakery ( a local punk-rock balery that specializes in vegan and local, sustainable ingredients). And then we went to see Sean. Sean, having worked with my girlfriend before on several charity events, recognized her and actually got up to hug us both. He was so happy to see us! While we were talking to him, he asked for my cupcake and signed the top of the container to be funny. (Considering it was actually supposed to be $40 to have things signed, this surprised me!) I carried that cupcake around with me all through the convention!  (Finally ate it when I got home and it was delicious. I'll be keeping the container and using it as a protective case for a little Sam Gamgee figure I have.)

All in all, major fun!

Rose

Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: MLP Swag From C2E2! (And a celebrity cupcake!)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:33:02 AM »
Wow, that is a nice pony haul - and how exciting that you got to meet Sean Austin!!  LOTR is one of my favourite movies/books.  Congrats :cheer:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:12:33 AM »
That Fluttershy shirt is amazing! :D If I wasn't in the UK I'd definitely have to snap one of those up from welovefine..
Fight like a girl..

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
Oh what fun, those shirts are great!

Offline TattooedMLP_Rat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
I got the same Fluttershy shirt and bag, plus I got the "Pony Games" shirt too!  The bag is awesome, isn't it?  I'm glad to hear someone else from the Arena was there!!!!

Offline mayanbutterfly

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+146)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mayanbutterfly's Custom My Little Ponies and More!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »
How cool!  I bet it was a great cupcake!  I'm a vegan so it sounds exciting!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal