collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New to MLP Arena  (Read 2408 times)

DJ Midli

• Trade Count: (0)
New to MLP Arena
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
Heya ponies :)
                        DJ Midli here, I'm totally new here and one of the newer people who has been introduced to the world of MLP via MLP:FiM. I found out about this site from the wonderful Elfpony whose panels I attended at Anime North first and had her guest speak on the MLP:FiM panel, so you can send her some love for making this site grow :P. I've been collecting for about the past year(prolifically (for someone who doesn't colllect things normally..) i might add..35 ponies and counting). I have yet to take the leap into customizing(although I have been grateful for the hair advice i've seen from customizers!)

As for other MLP community involvement, I'm 1/2 heads of the ottawa bronies meetup group, I DJ on bronyradio.com(yes pony tunes and yes i'm actually a DJ :) ), and I have somehow fallen into doing MLP:FiM panels at every convention I conceivably can.

Also I have read over the rules and Didn't see mention of it, but its normally forbidden on most forums, so I thought id ask: Whats the site policy on Necro-threads, IE replying to a thread that hasn't had any activity in many months? The reason I'm curious is because there are a couple of old threads I'd like to add/clarify some information on(Mostly the ones that were discussing my panels at anime north or the CBC radio interview I did back in november).

Anyways, I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship between myself and the users/moderation team here at this friendly little site :).

- Yours in Peace, Love, Unity and Respect!

P.S. My heart almost died when I received the "your application has been denied" :cry: email from here, and then I found out it was because of the site moving from where I originally applied!  :cool:

MissWhiteMascara

Re: New to MLP Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
" P.S. My heart almost died when I received the "your application has been denied"  email from here, and then I found out it was because of the site moving from where I originally applied!"

Oh my god, me too! I'm glad it was just because of the new site haha. Welcome :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »
Welcome to the Arena.  You can not reply on the old threads at the old Arena and they will not be moved to here.  You may PM a Mod (with a link to the thread in question) if there is something you would like to discuss or clear up.  As to bumping old threads, for the most part anything older then a month needs to stay where it is.   Elfpony is wonderful and beyond helpful. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
Glad to have you here!

Welcome to the New Arena!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
I'm so glad you have joined us at the new Arena! It sounds like your collection is off to a great start :frolic:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!!!  You must have applied right as the old forum crashed, what timing!  XD  I'm glad you realized that we were moving and joined us here though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »
Welcome to the arena! Do you collect only G4 or are you in to other gens as well?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »
welcome to the arena!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

DJ Midli

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
Welcome to the arena! Do you collect only G4 or are you in to other gens as well?

G4 with some random g 3.5s that i've decided to hold onto after a failed european pony hunt (40ish stores across 3 countries to find euro exclusives/blind bags..and i found blind bags..just G3.5 which I bought more to say..I bought ponies in europe then anything) I have also purchased some of the older generations simply due to the fact that value village(thrift store in my province) had some bags of ponies with G4 McDicks ponies. I donated the prior Gens to a pony collector here. I'm sure if I saw some of the previous gens that I liked the colouration/look of id keep em, but alas I have not found any.

Welcome to the Arena!!!  You must have applied right as the old forum crashed, what timing!  XD  I'm glad you realized that we were moving and joined us here though!

I actually had no idea, I kinda bothered elfpony about the fact that I had applied with no response for a month ^^;. I honestly thought my application got ignored for some reason  :cry: . Also, I must say, you have an incredibly cute picture in your signature :3!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »
Greetings and :welcome: to the New Arena, DJ Midli. :happy:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
Hey Midli!  Glad you made it over here, and found the new site!  Looking forward to the FIM panel at the end of the month!

Your custom's coming along well too.  I'll bring him along to the con so you can see the progress.  I'm pretty happy with how the resculpt on his face turned out.

Elf

DJ Midli

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
Hey Midli!  Glad you made it over here, and found the new site!  Looking forward to the FIM panel at the end of the month!

Your custom's coming along well too.  I'll bring him along to the con so you can see the progress.  I'm pretty happy with how the resculpt on his face turned out.

Elf

Can't wait to see him :3!

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:12 PM »
Welcome to the new arena!!!

reyl

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »
Hey there! Glad to see local folks on here. *brohoof*

DJ Midli

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »
Hey there! Glad to see local folks on here. *brohoof*

Aha! you would be the one that posted in the ottawa bronies FB group ;)!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal