collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31388 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
I hate being the odd one out here, but since I'm kinda into the whole punk/grunge thing I'll probably be buying that set  :blush:
However, I do agree that it doesn't go with MLP. The idea of it is very odd.

The only EQG I want are Zecora and Vinyl. I'd also like to get the Octavia and Photo Finish PONIES. i might get Chrysalis too.

I really hate having multiple ponies though, and usual only do it if I REALLY like them. So despite having three cadences already, I might get the snowglobe one. Same with Luna.

Other than that I'm with you guys on the disappointment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2014, 06:36:06 PM »
I saw some funko stuff at toy fair photos while searching for new stuff, anyone know if we might see some of their upcoming ponies tomorrow? Also about the SDCC stuff, will we be seeing any of that tomorrow? Lastly any more ponies, blind bag sets, or toysrus favorites pack for tomorrow do you guys think?

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
I'm not a EQG buyer so I'm kind of disappointed... and since the new breezies come with just main 6 I may as well pass them up too... I'm really missing new characters in singles :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
I'm not a EQG buyer so I'm kind of disappointed... and since the new breezies come with just main 6 I may as well pass them up too... I'm really missing new characters in singles :(

Exactly.. crossing my fingers for more new stuff tomorrow. Otherwise 2014 year of EQG for real! :(

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »

Exactly.. crossing my fingers for more new stuff tomorrow. Otherwise 2014 year of EQG for real! :(
Oh MLP, where art thou now :(

This makes me even more sad because supposedly they are supposed to do, what 5 more seasons of the show? If they are considering doing more EQG are they planning to fully switch the show to EQGs?

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2014, 06:49:57 PM »
Okay so far the only things im interested in actually purchasing are the following:

-clear luna and cadance (snoglobe ponies? and NOT the hideous one with the yellow wings.)
-POP cake house set (just for the cake house)
-Rainbow rocks Applejack EGD with the cadet cap (i need at least one applejack eventually lol)
-DJ PON-3 EGD single. (i like dj pony lol so i wont mind the doll of her)
-Fluttershy with breezie (as someone else said, she looks like dancing butterflies and i want at least one breezie) and if they make an applejack one, i want her too. im guessing that the lockets and keys are what the mane 6 all might be getting at the end of the season?? and those might be the new elements of harmony.
-and POSSIBLY the EQD of octavia.. but just cause i want that brushie pony.

and seriously WHY does hasbro always leave out applejack... her and fluttershy are my two favorites of the g4 ponies along with luna.     :cry: :huh:   if they want to leave her out so much why dont the just call the cast the mane 5.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »

This makes me even more sad because supposedly they are supposed to do, what 5 more seasons of the show? If they are considering doing more EQG are they planning to fully switch the show to EQGs?

That's not even funny! I can't afford to think that way seriously G3's show is better than EQG to me and I don't even like G3.

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »

That's not even funny! I can't afford to think that way seriously G3's show is better than EQG to me and I don't even like G3.
Believe me I don't even want to think about that myself :(

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

I think I love you.
And Rarity's horn... daaarling, why would you do that to yourself. Well, they can all join Chrysalis at Mule-on Rouge, that's for sure.

:haha: Mule-on Rouge!!! hahaha I can't even, that's the best thing!

I'll probably need Zecora and Photo Finish since I like them a bunch. Hopefully the pony booth has more brushies, the EQG booth had a LOT of dolls. Mostly repeats I won't be getting, but my bfs niece will get to have more pony doll friends! I'm excited for her.

Oh and by the way.... TRIXIE

Alright, I'm good :3

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »
Thanks for posting that video, rimmu!
I can kinda see Octavia. That rep. is totally doll focused and doesn't know anything about ponies does she. Maybe someone else will talk about the pony part. Catlein, I hope you're right but I have a feeling there isn't a whole lot more. We'll see!

Lightning Dust
I wonder if the one actually released will be Sassaflash or Lightning Dust? The pony displayed is Lightning Dust but it's Sassaflash on the box. We've seen protos of both too, hmm...

That is strange I cannot tell, if it's Sassesflash I don't want her, if it's Lightning Dust I want it.

For Sale Wants

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2014, 07:13:28 PM »
- EG were the number 1 fashion themed doll

Oh Hasbro.  Get G3 on the phone, because I have to call Shenanigans.

:haha: Laughed at this!

But seriously? They're going to try to make that claim? Not a chance Hasbro. Likely one of those things where they use convenient wording to make themselves look better to retailers. Like they probably meant that EG was HASBRO's number 1 fashion themed doll (and considering it's their only fashion themed doll, not a viable selling point Hasbro, lol). Omitting the company name isn't really misrepresenting; they can always just say that it's their report, so of course they meant within their company. But the wording has the benefit that anyone who reads it and doesn't question it assumes they mean "#1 on the market".

But there is no way that EqG beat out MH last year, or during the Christmas season.

I'm also only seeing a handful of things that I'm interested in for now. With these and the Funko vinyls being the only things I want, I guess I'm going to have more money for my other collections this year, maybe even expand on my tiny (one pony XD) G1 collection.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2014, 07:17:15 PM »

Maybe I'm a pessimist but I had the feeling since the first news came to light of EQG, it first  pass to my mind that they were going to replace the ponies  :|

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
nothing wanted here. mane six makes me want to vomit as much as bore seven did and these dolls have no interest at all for me. I like ponies, not dolls. Man Hasbro has idiots working for them.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »
nothing wanted here. mane six makes me want to vomit as much as bore seven did and these dolls have no interest at all for me. I like ponies, not dolls. Man Hasbro has idiots working for them.

Seriously it's a sad thing. Although people need to stop buying them or we will just get less and less ponies and more dolls. No one can complain that there ins't brushables when you are buying EQG.

For Sale Wants

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »

*checks booth* Hasbro...check

*checks logo* My Little PONY...check

*wonders where all the ponies are*

:( Yeah...seriously seriously disappointing - I had so hoped to be proven wrong. A minimum of 7 new EQG characters some of them with multiple releases [and that assumes we have seen all releases which seems unlikely] and pushing the moulded hair ponies again [even the Breezies which had me excited have moulded hair].

Whatever Hasbro...thanks for selling out to the fashion doll popularity. I know you are a commercial company and I know you just want/need to make money so while I understand I will also admit to being a little upset at the My Little Pony line pretty much selling out what has for 30 years made it such a popular line - 1) ponies and 2) brushable manes and tails.

Totally with you hathorcat!!!! My Little PONY! See this is exactly one of the main reasons I'm so against EQG they are taking over! :'( This had better be a joke and they are bringing out the 20 brand new ponies tomorrow.

I understand some of you like EQG and they didn't bother me too much before but now after seeing this I'm complete ANTI-EQG sorry, thats just my opinion they are taking over!

This exactly. The only thing I've seen so far that I'll pick up in stores is the castle. I will NOT by an EQG doll to get a brushable pony, no way, no how. Otherwise, my money this year goes to the second hand market where I can buy PONIES.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal