collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *PICTURES ADDED* Difficult decision - will be selling Thailand Ice Crystal  (Read 9113 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

*EDIT TO ADD PHOTOS* 

Icey just finished drying so here are some updated pictures of the handsome lad.  He is shown w/a replacement tail from a donor Wigwam (I'm still sorting through the mess of the original tail - but they're identical minus the glue from the previous owner).  He is in minty condition *EXCEPT* for about 5 or so spots of pindot mold on his face.   :shocked:  But it hasn't spread and the inside of him is very clean.  Also, I took photos of him next to my "WIP" Hong Kong Icey (he's not had a bath yet, and has both a hair and tail cut).  Hope you enjoy!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hair plugs - Thai Icey has two straight rows w/no additional plugs for the stripe, HK Icey has 8 or so plugs in a row of their own for the stripe

Hair plugs - Thai Icey has two straight rows w/no additional plugs for the stripe, HK Icey has 8 or so plugs in a row of their own for the stripe

2-3 Blue plugs woven and cut out of the green

Hoofprints of both - they are so hard to photograph!!! (Tips please?)  Thailand Icey on the left, HK on the right

Thanks for Hathorcat's brilliant suggestion of a scanner...Hoofprints!  The Thailand stamp is very faint, but you can see it.  ^-^  Here's the Thai Icey on the left again, HK on the right.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all!  Sorry I haven't been around much, life has gotten very busy for me!  We found out in November that we will be expecting our third child in August. Hubby and I are so excited over thing, I can't tell you how happy I am.   :biggrin:  I can't wait!

Anyway so after dealing with the morning sickness, plus my two toddlers, I think things are finally settling down.  ^-^

The big thing about having a third child though, means that we won't be able to fit three carseats in the back of our little Kia - so we're having to upgrade to a van.  We recently got our taxes done, and while we will be able to set some aside to help us purchase a van, we'll still be a little short.

So I've come to a difficult decision.  I think I will be selling my Thailand Icey in a month or so in attempts to raise a bit of funds for a new family car that will support our whole family.  I will also be selling a few other HTF ponies such as Mimic and Arco Isis Gingerbread (restored now!).

I am still deciding exactly how I will sell him as I don't know if a Thailand Mountain Boy has ever been sold under proper labels.  I don't really want to do ebay, I would prefer to keep him in the MLP Arena community, but as this is primarily going to help us purchase a car, I have to consider different options.  I will be willing to take payments on him from Arena members, as long as he remains in my possession until fully paid, and that he's paid for by a set time (not sure when that will need to be yet - August at the latest).  If I do sell him here, I will have a set reserve price in mind, and possibly a BIN.

Alrighty, I think that's it at the moment.  Thoughts?  Advice?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have a blessed day!
Cloudie
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:26:17 AM by cloud_weaver »

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
congrats on your baby and good luck with your sales! maybe you could tell me your price for gingerbread - but i cant assure you that i can afford her! :)
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Awwwh congrats on baby! :D Bet you're super excited! xxx Please could you possibly PM me about Mimic with a price you've got in mind for her please?
All the best!
Icey x
x

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
:hug:

as far as i know no thailan MB has been sold openly in the community, so to speak :)

i think the only way he is going to find his value is by taking offers on him, but i know you wish to set a reserve/or starting price which is totally fine :)

i know remember he had some issues with his neck join (glue?) and glue in his tail, but i don't really think that will affect his value too much. just be sure to post LOTS of pictures and give a good description ;)

love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
Thank you everyone.  :)  PKW I love your new siggy!

Yes, currently he's got his head off, and I'm working on that mess of a tail (the glue...  >< ).  But I do have a donor Wigwam tail that I will probably send with him just in case the new owner would prefer that.  They're identical, but you never know how 'original' the collector would like him. 

Anyway, there was a bit of a mess trying to figure out the dark green stripe in his mane - but as far as I can tell it's original.  In my HK Icey there's actually a seperate row for the stripe w/10 or so plugs by itself.  However my Thailand Icey doesn't have an extra row, just two horizontal.

I'm going to finish getting him all snazzy and figure out the best time to place him for sale.  I figured tax season is best as most people have a little extra to splurge with.  :)  We'll see how it goes!

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I would suggest no having a BIN, just because we don't know how much these boys are really worth ;) By letting an auction run its course we'll have a better idea. I would recommend taking offers for 2-4 weeks as well. :awake:

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Congrats to you and your hubby!
I agree with the taking offers on him!  :satisfied:

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
Glacia, I think you're right, I think I'd take offers for about 3-4 weeks.  I think that would probably be a good amount of time.

I guess the BIN wouldn't be necessary, as long as I have a modest reserve. 

My big question is - here or on ebay?  I'd prefer here for many reasons:
1.)  Stays in the community
2.)  I know this community and love the members here
3.)  Gives me flexibility to work with the buyer
4.)  Avoid all the ebay fees

But ebay does have some advantages, primarily more "publicity" and the binding contract.

I'm still thinking on it...  I will probably start the auction here around the first week of March or so.  Most people are getting their taxes back by then, right?

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
You could start your opening bid at your reserve too :) And I would have the auction here on the Arena. Many of the hardcore Nirvana collectors are here anyway, and it would just be a matter of promoting your auction. What I usually do is make a signature promoting whatever sale/auction I have going on and then try to post more often ;) That way whoever sees your posts also sees your little ad for his auction.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Congrats on the baby sweetie!

Its a shame you will be selling him on but for a good reason at heart I suppose...

I know what you mean about deciding between here and ebay...I always think it would be much nicer to take offers on here...it means you avoid fees and he will stay "in the Arena community". But when the reason for selling is to raise money then I completely understand why an ebay sale would win out...there are lots of pony collectors including hard core nirvana collectors who dont take part in online communities like this one and by selling here you miss a wider audience.

Like others have said...there has been no labelled auction for a Thailand boy [other than the Fireball that was listed a year or so ago but I dont know if he actually sold cause he had a super high BIN on] no one knows what he will fetch and whether here or ebay a reserve is a must have!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Awww, congrats on the baby!!  :lovey: :heart: :heart:
I'm not entirely sure what you should do about your Ice Crystal. I do like the idea of you keeping him in the community, but I'm not really sure if you'd get the most out of it here. However I did see that MIB Takara go for quite a bit and I believe it was someone here. You could try taking offers on the Arena for a while and if it doesn't get as high as you'd like then maybe you'll end up resorting to eBay. I hope you don't have to, but it's always best to keep all options open. However, I'm sure he will fetch a pretty penny even on the arena!
...I guess I'll also sneak in here that I'd possibly be interested in that Gingerbread, teehee. >w>
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
Congrats on your new bundle of joy! My vote is to auction him here with taking offers for up to 4 weeks. I know that I would DEFINITELY be interested in putting an offer in!  :biggrin: I have NEVER seen a Thailand Icey. I REALLY REALLY want to see a pic!

Edit: I was trying to find a pic of your treasure! I found your pictures on the other arena website. What a gorgeous boy!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:00:24 PM by MidnightFireflies »

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Same! Just found him on the archived arena and he is stunning!  :lovey:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
If you decide to sell him here on the arena, would you be willing to ship first?
Considering the repeted shipping problems you have had in the past.

-

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
If you decide to sell him here on the arena, would you be willing to ship first?
Considering the repeted shipping problems you have had in the past.

That's a very good question.  :)  Let's see if I can answer this question fully...

It would depend on the person and situation, but in most cases due to the rarity and rough value of him, I don't think that would be possible.  While I have a couple of problems in the past, I have tried to resolve those issues with the individuals personally (if you need I can provide additional references via pm's).  I have been a member quite a while on this board, and have many positive references and transactions to reinforce my credibility as a seller.  Also, on ebay, I have 100% positive feedback.  http://myworld.ebay.com/cloud_weaver/ 

As I'm thinking he will fetch in the $500-$1000 range, I cannot afford to risk losing him to a non-paying bidder. 

The best option to ease the buyer's mind would be to make sure that he is paid off completely through paypal before the set time elapses for a refund. 

How does that sound?  What would you recommend?

If you have further concerns, please feel free to pm me and I will answer all questions and concerns.  :)

For those who haven't had a chance to see him - he's a rough and blurry shot of him from when I first got him (I'll try to get some better pictures later today)

I think I will take offers her for around 3 to 4 weeks.  If he doesn't reach what I think he could on ebay I'll move him over there (I hope to avoid that though). 

Anyway, off feed the kids and get dishes going.  Have a good morning!   :awake:

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal