collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2 Sun Sparkle eye color differences  (Read 1736 times)

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
G2 Sun Sparkle eye color differences
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:25:35 AM »
Hello

can someone please explain to me, is there two different eye colors on mommy Sun Sparkle?

Everywhere i look i only find the blue eyed version and no mention of this. I got one purple eyed SS in a lot and another one when i upgraded the first.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: G2 Sun Sparkle eye color differences
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:38 AM »
Oh! I will have to check mine...but all my ponies are in the loft right now as I haven't unpacked them from moving boxes yet. I didn't know there are two versions.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:31:55 AM »
Partypony: I didint know either, thats why i am confused.  :lookround: Thanks. :)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:49:32 AM »
Ooh interesting *strokes invisible beard*
Mine is blue too. I will have to dive into my booklets tomorrow, perhaps there is one with purple eyes there? Orrrrr you have a factory error :D Cool find!

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »
I checked mine, eyes are purple as well.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »
Mine are blue :)

Interesting, I guess all the Mommies had one or another variant. Mommy Sweetberry has a variant with different hair colors, Sunsparkle with eyes... I wonder now if Light Heart has variant counterpart as well :D

she looks prettier with purple eyes :inlove: *adds to wantlist*

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:59:34 AM »
Moonbreeze: hahah, i do that all the time. *strokes beard*
Yeah, factory error would be awsome.  :lookround: :biggrin:
Im wondering if the country they are made in is to blame? If the G2's were made in different countrys that is?  :wonder:

divale: Thats cool, i wonder how many more errors we just havent found. :D

TSU: Thats awsome, i kidna hope it would be. :D If the mommys have factory errors, can the babies have too?  :bateyes:
I found both of mine in ebay, so good luck. ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »
Agh! I cant find the reference I need. But is the difference not from where they were available? If I remember correctly the English carded pony was different from the pony carded in other languages. However, without the reference I cant say which is which and I could be remembering this a little incorrectly.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Moonbreeze

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 01:37:12 AM »

Interesting, I guess all the Mommies had one or another variant. Mommy Sweetberry has a variant with different hair colors, Sunsparkle with eyes... I wonder now if Light Heart has variant counterpart as well :D

Nooo, don't say that! Darnit! Everybody check your Lighthearts... Ah well... *adds her to wishlist as well* ;)

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 04:14:55 AM »

Nooo, don't say that! Darnit! Everybody check your Lighthearts... Ah well... *adds her to wishlist as well* ;)

Oh god, now i really have to check my mommy Light Heart and start spying ebay and and..  :devious: :drunk: :snicker:

I hope there is.  :P Thers been alot of G2 errors lately, which is really cool.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »
It's interesting that there are so many variants but with such small differences, they aren't as apparent like the Blue pearl and White Pearl variants :) Hathorcat might be right that it's a UK/rest of Europe thing - The Princess Sweetberry had also different castles to go with the different ponies and the Princess Golden Light (all from the same year! of release!) is known for having the 2 sets of differently colored accessories. It might be that the ponies of that year, 2000, have more variants.

Moonbreeze, do you still have that picture of the Mommy Sweetberries comparison? For some reason your site isn't cooperating with me on my laptop and I get the Gateaway error when I try to access it :drunk:

Offline Moonbreeze

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »
Moonbreeze, do you still have that picture of the Mommy Sweetberries comparison? For some reason your site isn't cooperating with me on my laptop and I get the Gateaway error when I try to access it :drunk:

I'm redoing my website ^^" So it might be acting up. If it keeps on doing that...try visiting my spare G2 website (wip) :P http://lavenderlagoon.weebly.com/

I know that Silver Rain also came with different accessories. I'm still looking for them. Golden Light also has two different kinds of backcards, really funky :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:22:33 AM by Moonbreeze »

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »

I'm redoing my website ^^" So it might be acting up. If it keeps on doing that...try visiting my spare G2 website (wip) :P http://lavenderlagoon.weebly.com/

I know that Silver Rain also came with different accessories. I'm still looking for them. Golden Light also has two different kinds of backcards, really funky :P

Ah, thank you for the link and the picture :D Good luck with redoing your site, that is always fun :D

I forgot about Silver Rain, but you're right! Maybe prince Firefly too had a different set of... dragonflies? :lookround: Though I had no idea that Golden Light had two different backcards! I need to dig up mine picture up and try to search for the alternate one :drunk: The wantlist is getting bigger and bigger instead of getting smaller :silly:

ETA: and looks like hilamb was right! Just bought Baby Sunbeam with purple eyes. And mine has blue.  :what:

Offline Moonbreeze

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 03:19:18 PM »

Ah, thank you for the link and the picture :D Good luck with redoing your site, that is always fun :D

I forgot about Silver Rain, but you're right! Maybe prince Firefly too had a different set of... dragonflies? :lookround: Though I had no idea that Golden Light had two different backcards! I need to dig up mine picture up and try to search for the alternate one :drunk: The wantlist is getting bigger and bigger instead of getting smaller :silly:

ETA: and looks like hilamb was right! Just bought Baby Sunbeam with purple eyes. And mine has blue.  :what:

aww... this is NOT going to work XD *adds Sunbeam to the list*

and oui... There is the backcard with the art (not mine)

and the one without... I wonder if Silver Rain and Fire Fly have that too

Spoiler

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »

OMG  I  have been browsing your G2 website :)   Love it :)

are these pics from your own ponies?
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal