collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A Pony Painting Project...  (Read 422 times)

Enuwey

• Trade Count: (0)
A Pony Painting Project...
« on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »
Edit! I've added some new paintings. ...finally. >_> (had a small stack of stuff to get done and recover from and am finally getting back to this project)

---

A few weeks ago I had a terrible little idea to make a whole bunch of watercolor paintings inspired by My Little Pony episodes. More specifically every last one of them from every generation, every series, and every movie ever made about those colorful little ponies.   >_<

This was a really bad idea if only because of the time and materials it would cost to just make the paintings themselves. (not to mention finding and watching all of the episodes)

So I drew the idea back a little bit. Instead of making paintings for every episode ever, I'm starting with paintings of only one season of one series.

Specifically: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3. (being the newest and shortest season of the newest show I'm far more familiar with it and its characters than any of the other shows so its where I'll start :blush:)

The First Painting:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its on Deviantart too!
Inspired by MLP:FIM Season 3, Episode 6: Sleepless in Ponyville I present to you the beautiful Princess Luna who may have had a minor roll in the episode, but was really fun to paint.  :P (...I just wish the sparkly metallic bits would have scanned better. >_<)

New Stuff!

Inspired by MLP:FIM Season 3, Episode 1: The Crystal Empire Part 1, I give to you Princess Celestia, meant as a pair to the Princess Luna painting! :D (gotta paint all the princesses after all)

Inspired by MLP:FIM Season 3, Episode 3: Too Many Pinkie Pies, is Pinkie Pie crying with relief over having been the real Pinkie all along. (or at least that's my interpretation of it)

This painting is also on Deviantart
Inspired by MLP:FIM Season 3, Episode 9: The Apple Family Reunion we have Apple Rose and Granny Smith in their younger days, doing what I've always done with my favorite cousins, catching up and talking about absolutely everything. (the entire episode reminded me far to much of my own family reunions, giant group of family included)

Next Paintings Planned:
Episodes 2, 4, 11, and 13 of Season 3
(sadly all are going to have to wait until I get done with a small stack of watercolor commissions I suddenly obtained...)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:05:16 PM by Enuwey »

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: A new Painting Project...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:21:17 AM »
Sounds like a fun project! It probably was a good idea to narrow it down some, it sounds manageable now. :)

Luna looks very elegant and regal! I have a soft spot for watercolours, I really love the texture in the background. ^^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
I think it was a good idea narrowing down your idea, doing every single pony is quite ambitious!  XD  Luna looks amazing, I love the pose you used.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Enuwey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
Sounds like a fun project! It probably was a good idea to narrow it down some, it sounds manageable now. :)

Luna looks very elegant and regal! I have a soft spot for watercolours, I really love the texture in the background. ^^
Thanks.

Watercolors are one of my favorite mediums to work in, if only because of the happy little accidents that come with it. ...I think the texture in the background was actually made when some plain water dripped onto the painting... :blush:

I think it was a good idea narrowing down your idea, doing every single pony is quite ambitious!  XD  Luna looks amazing, I love the pose you used.
I am nothing if not ambitious. :lol: (...there is still a part of me that wants to draw every single pony; I'm trying to ignore it...)

Thanks. Luna's pose came from a doodle I made on the back of a block of watercolor paper. :blush:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: A Pony Painting Project...
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »
Lunas pose is cute yet regal at the same time! You are really talented they all look gorgeous.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »
Really nice work.  I adore the Apple family reunion pic especially.  Great expressions :D

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:21:30 AM »
Lovely work, you have a nice style.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal