collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brush & Comb ID  (Read 282 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Brush & Comb ID
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »
I bought a large bag of brushes & combs today and am sorting things out.  So far, so good...but I KNOW I will have lots of questions.

First Question:  She-Ra brushes - did Mattel use these brushes for any other toy line?  I have waaaaaaay too many colors for these to all be She-Ra related.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Second Question:

Who do these belong to?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:33:17 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Brush & Comb ID
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:10:56 AM »
second picture, the second image.  That was ID'ed awhile ago but I cant remember the name of the doll for the life of me :(  Maybe try some kind of search <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the blue pick in the second picture with the "swoops" (4th in the line) and also the purple comb with the same swoop-y design on the handle (6th) are Barbie. I'd be interested in learning about those puppy brushes too! They are cute.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
Thanks melodys_angel, I will!  I -think- it's from a Maxie doll (I vaguely remember a friend having this locket back in '87).

Thanks Rachel-Eyes!  I think they're Barbie too.  I also think the teeny tiny pink hair pick with the shiny star is a Barbie & the Rockers item.  The puppy brushes are driving me nuts XD!  Tried to ID them last night and Google was no help!  They are unmarked, but that are so Hasbro-ish. 

I've been listing things on eBay today and the combs/brushes are the last thing I plan to work on :)

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »
Oh these in the first pic are She-Ra... Good to know! I've thrown away lots of them. I always thought they were some kind of fakie no-brand toy combs.

The second pic, 3rd from the left is Barbie, 4th either Barbie or fakie of Barbie not sure, 6th I don't know but I have it too, 7th&8th Sweetie Pups, 9th Barbie, 10th Remco.
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »
Yay!  Thanks Goldilocks!  The She-Ra brushes came with the horses (as well a a comb, but it's different than the dolls' combs).  The actual dolls came with little combs.  I was browsing through Google and I -think- the brushes were also release with pre-1980s Barbies (I have to look more into this).

I have another Sweetie Pups comb, but it is SO different than the 7th&8th puppy brushes!  There's so little on Sweetie Pups/Kitties on the web >_<

Why can't this be easy?  I mean, I have a Keypers brush and it's in the shape of a key with "Keypers" written on it!  Bah! ;)

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »
I was browsing through Google and I -think- the brushes were also release with pre-1980s Barbies (I have to look more into this).
This is good to know too, I know very little of pre-80s Barbie. :)

There are some Sweetie Pups' accessory pics in Ghost of the Doll. I don't usually like this site but their Sweetie Pups page looks very good. They have pics of the actual MIBs there not just pics from backcards or leaflets. http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/sweetiepups.htm
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »
I haven't seen any of those before....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »
Some early 80's Barbie dolls also have those same kind of brushes as in your pic 1, which makes sense since She-ra was made by Mattel. My earliest Barbies from the 80's have those style brushes.

The blue locket in pic2 is from "Perfume Pretty Whitney Doll" (friend to Barbie).

The 4th blue comb from the left is from "Teen Looks Cheerleader Jazzie" (cousin to Barbie) I have this doll, but I think that same comb also came with some other Jazzie dolls as well.

I know I have seen that purple comb, the 6th one from the left, but I just can't think of who it belongs to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal