collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [[SOLD]] Full Sea Pony Collection For Sale  (Read 3836 times)

Offline whizzer19

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sea Pony Utopia!
[[SOLD]] Full Sea Pony Collection For Sale
« on: May 25, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »
Update #2: The collection has been sold. Thank you everyone for all the comments and interest. It was such a labor of love to curate this collection over many years. It's bittersweet to sell, but I feel confident they are going to a good home.

I will be listing more MOC/MIB ponies and the rest of my non-sea pony collection over time. I'm sorry that I am very behind in responding to PMs about the mail order ponies. I should have just done the sea ponies first and then moved on. :)

Update #1: I've taken a ton more pictures from all angles so everyone can see the full condition of the boxes. Boxes tend to be pretty fragile. A few are in pristine condition and a few are pretty bad.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNx5SrT

I will be closing the sale by end of day Monday, June 1st. If you are interested and haven't already contacted me, please do so asap. I'm asking everyone for their payment terms (whether they can pay in a lump sum or need payments, and if so, how long will the payments take), whether they plan to keep the collection intact, and if they have any counteroffer.

I really want this collection to go to a very good home and am thrilled about the interest!  :)

Original post:

Hello!

It's official, I am selling my collection. Before I start with the regular ponies, and before I start posting on ebay, I thought I'd take a chance and see if anyone wants to buy the entirety of my sea pony collection. I'm not expecting you all to beat down my door, but one never knows.

I am not selling these individually at this time. Please only contact me if you want to buy the entire collection. If no one does, then I'll start the process of listing individually.

The collection includes both loose and packaged sea ponies, plus a unique collection of sea pony paraphernalia. Pictures below. Lots more detailed information and pictures are available to anyone who is seriously interested. If I'm doing my math right there are 56 babies on cards, 4 babies in boxes, 21 adults in boxes, and 1 adult in a bag. Plus all the loose ones (about 50), accessories, books, even a lawn sprinkler.

Asking price for the entire collection is $15,000. This is not first come first served. I'll give it a week or so and then list individually on ebay. If there is more than one person interested in the entire lot I'll have an open dialogue with you.

Boxes and cards include:
      1) Every US adult and baby in box or on card with the single exception of Year 3 adult Wave Jumper. Five bonus Watercolor babies with mommy charms. Bonus Year 2 adults with variations in the packaging and comb colors. Bonus Year 3 adult Sand Dollar in a wholesale bag without shell. Bonus P&P baby Sun Shower packaged with a Beachcomber sticker. Bonus TE Galaxy and TE Fizzy on incorrect P&P cards. Party gift pack (two of them, actually. One isn't in great condition but I'd include it if desired.)

2) One of three UK adults in box. Four of five UK babies on card. All three Italian in Italian boxes. All three Italian plus the one variant in Belgian/Dutch boxes. All three Mexican in boxes (albeit they are in horrible condition). I also have a duplicate Belgian box.

3) Foreign package variations for babies including 4 Belgium/Holland, 3 Canada, 1 Germany, 1 Italy, 4 UK (in addition to the unique ones noted above), 4 France.

Loose ponies are pictured but I need to clean them up a bit still. Also, I do have the fifth UK variant baby pretty & pearly sea pony, I'm just not sure where. I had it in pictures years ago on my old website so I do still have it. It's just not in the pictures. 

If you want to see more individual pics of the loose ponies you can go to http://geocities.ws/mlpwhizzer19/seaponies.html. I've added to the collection since that site was created, but the individual ponies are still the same ones. Just older and a bit dustier from having been in storage. :) Note: You'll get a lot of spam websites that will pop up under a separate window, but as best as I can tell the geocities site itself is safe.

Group picture of packaged ponies:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Individual/close ups of packaged adults

US
visitors can't see pics , please
register or login

register or login

register or login

register or login

register or login

register or login

UK
register or login

Italy
register or login

register or login

Group pictures of loose ponies:

US Adults
register or login

register or login

US Babies
register or login

UK
register or login

Italian
register or login

Accessories:

register or login

register or login
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 07:12:05 AM by whizzer19 »

Offline Childwize

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.collectorstoyland.com/
Oh my gosh!  I want about a quarter to a third of what you have. I will wait. I want these so bad!  I’m willing to pay but not $15,000. I’ll wait. So awesome!  I love your collection! 

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I saw a few loose Sea Ponies I would like to buy, so I'll wait and see if you list them individually.  :)

Offline blonde2themax

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I’d be interested in some of the adults and a few babies. That pony interesting looks like a bottle pony Merch as well.
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
Watching this thread!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow.  You have an amazing collection

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Woah wizzer it's an end of an era, I can't imagine ponyland without your huge amazing hugemous collection!

Best wishes to you. I think I will still be asking you random pony questions for life :)

I hope you can sell in one lot but have my eye on a few if you're don't. Mostly that pinked haired seapony!

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Wow this is amazing! Alas, I don’t have that kind of disposable income, but I sincerely hope someone adopts the lot. I’d love to see this incredible set stay together! :) ack, it should really be in some sort of museum! Best of luck!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Oh I wish!  Sorry to see you are selling your collection. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you were at the very small pony meet I had in Missouri, a really long time ago. It's had to have been over 15 years. Anyway, just wanted to say best of luck and I will be following this.

Offline whizzer19

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sea Pony Utopia!
Hi tebrighteyes! OMG, yes, I was there! And yes, it probably was a good 15+ years ago. Time flies.

Thank you all for the comments. It really feels like the end of something momentous to be selling, although I'm being melodramatic. And I'd gladly turn my house into a museum if I could. :D

It's a crazy idea to hope someone would buy the whole collection, but it sure would be amazing to know it was staying together, at least for a short time. Although it occurred to me someone might buy so they can sell it off one at a time. There are some in the group that are so incredibly rare I think a person could make a profit if they buy the lot and then sell individually over time.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
A museum really would be the ideal place for your amazing Sea Pony collection! I reckon not even Hasbro has an archive with all the ponies ever produced?

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
@whizzer19  I know it's hard to believe it's been such a long time ago. I thought your collection was amazing then! I still have those moc baby sea ponies I got from you :)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Nice.....this is an awesome sea pony collection 😍

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
wow! If I had the money I would totally buy. I wish I had! This is an amazing collection,  I love sea ponies!    :freak: :freak: :heart: :heart:
And as a seapony expert, maybe you can tell how many of the blue and pink haired italian that is known to exist?

I will definately keep my eyes open if you sell individual later on. there is so much things there I want (or need maybe is a better word  :biggrin:)
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
sent you a pm

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal