collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I just acquired over 2,000 G1 ponies....no kidding!  (Read 11131 times)

jeanne

• Trade Count: (0)
I just acquired over 2,000 G1 ponies....no kidding!
« on: May 14, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
Last Summer I was selling Nirvanas and MIB ponies for Helen Kiker; she had terminal cancer.  She died last Fall and her family is cleaning out her house.  Helen was a great lady; awesome collector, but she was a hoarder, big time.  They offered to let me buy it all for a four figure amount I'm not sharing  :lookround: It took me 3 truck loads to haul all the ponies, structures, accessories, plushes, merchandise, books, puzzles, etc. etc all home.  How in the world am I going to sell all that stuff?  There are like 25 of some ponies.  I can't possibly photograph, inspect and write a description for that many thousands of things.  I did upgrade tons of my ponies and gained several dozen ponies I never had before.  She had some  incredible stuff.  There are 4 alternate color Pony Pals; Leafy the calf and the sheep (Wooley?) in wild colors.  There is a huge Merry-Go-Round from Germany that actually works; eight ponies can ride around on little platforms....it was some kind of special display thing at a store or convention.  I'm leaving on vacation and won't get around to listing anything until June 6th when I return....but I appreciate any advice on how to manage this HUGE bounty of ponies.  They are 90% common US released G1 ponies, but there are a hundred or so UKs and a few bags of Italy ponies...no other Nirvanas...I sold or bought them all last Summer.  I've spend many, many thousands of dollars this year on her legacy....I guess now it is my legacy, or I've become the hoarder.  My pony room bursts; I'l do photos of it in June.
Sorry for rambling.
Peace,
Jeanne

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I just acquired over 2,000 G1 ponies....no kidding!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
WOW! sorry cant help you with how to go about selling it all, other than little bit at a time?
but congrats on being able to upgrade your ponies. the alternate coloured pony pals sound awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
Can I scream dibs on any Mintys in the pile?  That cuts things a bit, right?  Otherwise, I have no clue!  Holy Pony Pile!!! 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »

:faint:

Oh my.... That's amazing! So much pony goodness!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, however. It is wonderful that you are able to continue your friend's legacy in your own collection, and I am sure there are many others here who'll be willing to help out with the others when the time is right for you  :) 

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
holy moley! whatta chore!!! im so sorry to hear about your friend  :hug:

my first instinct was to put the duplicates into groups based on condition, one of each and sell lots
for example, if you have 10 CJs, 10 CCs and 10 AJs
make 10 groups with one of each pony but all 3 in similar conditions

in my experience ebay is the easiest way to sell

another option is to sell to people who have armies...

just my first thoughts :)
good luck!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:04:06 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

CoverGoth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
Haha, I'm with Rybett! Dibs on any G2 Trixiebelle's you pull out? That's insanity, though. Sooo much pony goodness! :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »
So sorry about your friend, but wow, that's a huuuuuuge pile of ponies! Maybe you can take a pic for us? :D Maybe you can do accessory lots and pony lots separately. And like rel said, put the ponies in lots based on condition. Have fun going through all of them!
My Wish List

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

I agree with the above posts. Armies or lots would be quickest/easiest. Should I just start putting my G1 list together now? J/K

Have a nice vacation! I'm sure there are many here on the Arena who would *love* to help you out.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »
Oh my goodness, that must have been so exciting for you. I am sure Helen will be pleased to see her herd being so well appreciated.  Major congrats :)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:42 AM »
Share the wealth and sell on Ebay. Choose a few at a time and don't rush, take your time ! :) At least, that's what I would do :D

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 03:33:33 AM »
I agree with what's been said.  Ebay is easiest when dealing with large numbers.  If you have many multiples of a common pony, group them together in a lot, and the army collectors will snatch them up.  Sell anything that's HTF individually, either on Ebay, or offer them here if you're feeling generous and/or have time.  Do batches at a time; there are lots of people here and on Ebay who have been selling off their collections in chunks too.

Very sorry to hear about Helen, Jeanne.  She was one of the great original pony collectors (you too!).  I have a couple ponies that I bought from her through you last year.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 04:18:51 AM »
wow! that is a huge pile of ponys! congrats!
what would you have to have for them all? ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:21:43 AM by mlpfan »
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 04:35:37 AM »
Sorry about Helen =/

However I think you could check what you have, and take your time doing so, and then post it on the arena. Like the armies thing for example.
That is if you don't PREFER ebay, but I don't know too many who do.

Or you could have a collectors pony sale and let collectors come to you and buy ponies :D

But in the end, I think you should just send the ponies to me. :P j/K . (or am I ..? )

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »
Hi, Mrs. Delaney!  :)  I imagine selling that many ponies takes a LOT of organization.  Have you found an assistant to help you manage all the communication from potential buyers?  I know you had some issues with that in the past. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
oh i just thought those pony pals may be fakies, i know there are a few of the calves i can think of that are like neon green er something, they are fakies :)

i recently sold my entire collection (except argies). i think i had around 1000 items when i started (including petites, accessories, merch etc), so still not close to what you have.
at first i wanted to sell asap so i was going to have a "pony garage sale" but only open to collectors. although i had several HTF ponies so most people would be willing to drive far to get them.
not sure if as many people would be willing to drive for common ponies
but it may knock a good chunck out of what you have.
plus, when people are there and have already driven so far they are more willing to buy more ponies.
that way there are NO PICS, NO DESCRIPTIONS, NO EMAILS, NO SHIPPING, NO PAYPAL/EBAY FEES and NO RETURNS :)

honestly that would be the easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to sell.

in the end i chose the scenic route, individual sales on ebay. It took me about a year to do all of it but i think i made more money selling that way. :)
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal