collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Asking for feedback?  (Read 377 times)

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
Asking for feedback?
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
Recently I've been doing a little bit of trading and selling on the Arena. I always try to leave feedback for my partners, but sometimes they do not do so in return. I know everybody is busy and/or may forget, but is it wrong/unacceptable to politely send them a message later asking for feedback? I'm still relatively new to selling and trading on the Arena and have been a part of a only a couple of swaps, so my feedback is still pretty low. I was just wondering if asking for feedback was a no-no since there are a couple of members who may have forgotten to do so for me. And of course I don't mean by pestering anyone with multiple messages, just sending them one reminder. I don't want to pressure anyone by any means, and I know it's up to them whether or not they want to leave anything. Just wondering. Thank you. :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Asking for feedback?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with that.  I have done that a few times.  Usually what I did was just mention how important it was for me to build my feedback and that it was greatly appreciated if when they got the chance they would leave me feedback.  I usually got about 1 feedback for every 5 transactions there in the beginning.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with sending a friendly reminder, especially if you're trying to build up trader feedback to participate in official swaps.

I know I did trades when I first came to the arena and unfortunately I didn't receive feedback from 1 or 2 of them and I can't remember who they were, I clean out my inbox all the time, so I can't even go back through old messages lol.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
I'm in your spot too.  Every feedback counts right now. 

I find messaging them with, "Oh hey there again!  I just wanted to let you know I've left feedback!  If you get a chance, could you leave a little for me?  Thanks so much, I hope we can deal/work/trade in the future!" 

And it has been good.  Some people just get busy.  They look and see and then get caught up in something else and it just slips their brains.  That's what happens with me and email.  I'm terrible at email. 

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:57 PM »
Nothing wrong with doing so whatsoever :) I usually just mention, "I've left Feedback for you, when you get a chance could you do so for me too?"
Building up FB is important and I always try to leave it, I'm sure I've missed a few transactions from doing what MikeysGrrrl said, cleaning out the inbox  :blush:

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »
*agrees with everyone else* :nod: :bigups:    there is absolutely no harm in sending a polite friendly message asking for feedback  - there's some good examples of how to do this already posted in this thread (thanks all !! :hug:   ). A lot of people are just busy and forget , or they could have missed you accidently if they are involved in a large number of other transactions

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:20:03 PM »
Is it still appropriate to ask for, well, updated feedback? :blush: I know I've asked Ringlets about it before, but I also wanted to hear others opinions - would you feel offended if someone who fixed a transaction with you asked for an updated feedback? The last thing I want to do is to seem pushy. I'm not even in the same spot as Sandra - I have feedbacks for the transactions - they just say I bailed out of them and now that I fixed my mistakes it would be great to see that reflected in my feedback. I'm not sure if it's okay to ask for it though...

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »
Is it still appropriate to ask for, well, updated feedback? :blush: I know I've asked Ringlets about it before, but I also wanted to hear others opinions - would you feel offended if someone who fixed a transaction with you asked for an updated feedback? The last thing I want to do is to seem pushy. I'm not even in the same spot as Sandra - I have feedbacks for the transactions - they just say I bailed out of them and now that I fixed my mistakes it would be great to see that reflected in my feedback. I'm not sure if it's okay to ask for it though...

I would not be offended if someone asked me to revise the feedback. It takes a lot to for someone to own up to their mistakes and make amends, so I believe part of giving a second chance is also changing the feedback to reflect that this person did in fact make things right.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 01:26:44 AM »
^Nods in agreement!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 05:00:29 AM »
TSU, you are awesome!  :-p

And to the OP, I don't think there's anything wrong with politely requesting that you receive feedback.  The holiday swaps are starting sign-ups soon and people want to participate.  :)  We've all had low feedback counts in our past, there's nothing wrong with building the number up as long as you are nice and don't harass the member every two hours with another request.  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal