collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the max you are willing to pay for a pony?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What's the max you are willing to pay for a pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »
$20-ish is my limit if the pony is relatively common but I'm willing to go as high as $50 if it'd HTF or a grail.

I have been lucky enough to score some great deals over the years, so that I've been able to stick to this pretty well.  Still hoping to find Ice Crystal in this price range, though.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
With hubby unemployed, I think $10 is a bit too much. But I've spend up to around $60 for a Mountain Boy some years ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
I second Novavelle although I think I have only spent about $130 odd. I have heaps of ponies thou worth about $50 and to be honset I love them and dont regret spending that money at all!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »
Well, I never thought I'd spend more than $15, but I just bought one for $28 XD It'll probably get higher as I get all the common ones I want and am left with the harder to find ones :P Thankfully I'm not that into Nirvanas! Though I reeeeally like the alt birthflowers...
My Wish List

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »
For me, it depends on the fanciness of the pony, and maybe the rarity (heh) of it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:38:13 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Oh crikey, if its a nirvana and I love it I'd spend a fair amount.  The most I've spent is $150 - doubt I'll do that again for a long long long time! (that was for amazing grail pony).
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »
I'm not sure. I'm not really into the super rare, limited ponies and 99% of what I collect are G4's, so I'm able to get them for approx $5-12 brand new from the store, depending on the set. For now I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend much more than $15-20 for a single pony, though I have had my heartstrings tugged on numerous occasions by the Big Brother ponies, and I know those handsome fellows can cost a pretty penny...maybe that's why I've yet to actually get one! Even now it's still hard for me imagine plunking down $20 for a pony, but I certainly don't doubt my future self will have the opportunity to do so (I've certainly spent a great deal more on toys!).

angela22

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
Weeelll, I'd say I will spend pretty much anything for ponies, if it's not going to cut into my life expenses. I see my pony collection as a bank account that accrues interest, rather than a blackhole that my wallet keeps falling through (although sometimes it does feel like that!  :blush:) I consider that I've never been good at storing away money for savings, and would much rather spend my money and have fun with it when it comes in. So I figured that I may as well buy things that only increase in value, and do not depreciate like clothes, CDs, movies, etc etc. When you buy a vintage collectible, especially one as valuable as MLP, you really are investing in a growing bank account - that's how I see it anyway. When my girls (who are now 3 & 4) get to be teenagers and ready to go off to college, my collection can be cashed in for a pretty penny. So, in the end, I've saved money for the future and had fun doing it - and, unlike a stuffy ol' bank, I can enjoy my savings WHILE it's accruing value! Pretty good deal! So, when I buy a $50 or $100 or (fill in the blank) pony, I congratulate myself for tucking away more of our money into our savings account!

;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 04:11:43 AM »
Lol...these threads always send me into a selling tizzy because they make me remember the prices I have paid.

I dont have a limit per se for ponies - I ll spend what its "worth" or a little more if I would like to add it to my collection but by that I am obviously constrained by what I can afford. For certain accessories however I will sell my puppy and my car to fund them if they ever come up for sale :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 05:10:05 AM »
$50 but only if it's really hard to get like this year's SDCC pony. I'm probably going to get a refund anyway. Almost bought a loose Star Swirl for that price, but I decided to do an international trade instead. I want to avoid spending that kind of money if possible.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »
Well it depends on pony to pony. I set the limit to what I know the pony is worth. For example: I see a 2007 Fair Exclusive Pinkie Pie on Ebay starting at $5, I know she's usually worth $25-$40 nowdays, that's where I set my limit and if it goes beyond that I won't pay it.

With that beeing said, I'm willing to pay just about anything for a pony that I want if I have the money for it and all the circumstances allows me to pay it. For example: If I had and extra $800 I would happily pay it for Rapunzel (but unless I win the lottery it's not a very likely scenario XD)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
Weeelll, I'd say I will spend pretty much anything for ponies, if it's not going to cut into my life expenses. I see my pony collection as a bank account that accrues interest, rather than a blackhole that my wallet keeps falling through (although sometimes it does feel like that!  :blush:) I consider that I've never been good at storing away money for savings, and would much rather spend my money and have fun with it when it comes in. So I figured that I may as well buy things that only increase in value, and do not depreciate like clothes, CDs, movies, etc etc. When you buy a vintage collectible, especially one as valuable as MLP, you really are investing in a growing bank account - that's how I see it anyway. When my girls (who are now 3 & 4) get to be teenagers and ready to go off to college, my collection can be cashed in for a pretty penny. So, in the end, I've saved money for the future and had fun doing it - and, unlike a stuffy ol' bank, I can enjoy my savings WHILE it's accruing value! Pretty good deal! So, when I buy a $50 or $100 or (fill in the blank) pony, I congratulate myself for tucking away more of our money into our savings account!

;)

I like this thinking!!  :lol:

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 07:02:18 AM »
Probably $25 would be the max I'd be willing to go for a pony that isn't common. Otherwise I try to stick to the ponies that are $10 or less. :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
About $120. But that's only for grail ponies. (Luckily i don't have many grail ponies.)
For more common ponies i prefer sticking to $10-$30. I would however pay quite a bit for one of those jumbo G3 plush ponies. >.<

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 08:23:17 AM »
$20 unless its super rare

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal