collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you most often get from place to place?

I drive my own vehicle
200 (49.4%)
I get a ride with someone else
77 (19%)
I walk wherever I need to go
26 (6.4%)
I ride a bicycle
21 (5.2%)
I take public transportation
67 (16.5%)
I never go anywhere, I just stay home
14 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 340

Author Topic: Round round, get around, I get around  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Round round, get around, I get around
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 07:45:04 PM »
I live out in the middle of nowhere, and driving would be the only vaguely practical way to go places... but I haven't learned how to drive yet.

So I basically just stay home.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »
I just bought my first car two days ago.  It is a hybrid so I get good gas mileage.  I didn't get my driver's license until I was 31.  Up until last year when I got my permit, I either got a ride from someone or rode the bus.  The last two years, when I was in college I had an apartment right off campus, so I walked everywhere. It was good exercise and felt good to be out and about.  Now that I live in the suburbs, I have to drive to get places. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:53:22 PM by BethyVic »
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Peloria

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 08:02:14 PM »
There needs to be a multiple choice option, lol!
I live in the burbs, next to the Metra Station that connects me right to the city. I LOVE to ride my bike on the Prairie Path when the weather permits, and I have a nice little pickup truck that I use for the family garden/landscaping business....missing anything? Oh! The bus takes me right to the mall if I feel like drinking wine and shopping!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »
I drive to get to most places, but my new house is within walking distance of a lot of stores and stuff so I walk more now!

I got my drivers license when I was 19 and got a car immediately after (a beautiful silver 2001 Chrysler 300M that I fondly nicknamed Silver Bullet).  I loved my car dearly, but she only lasted a handful of years.  She belonged to my grandma before that, so it was a really nice gift from her that I'll never forget.

Right now my fiance and I share his car, an awesome silver Honda Fit.  It's nice because it gets better gas mileage than my Silver Bullet ever did. :P He works in the city, so he uses public transportation and I drive the car to and from work, with the bus station being on the way so it's super convenient!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 10:04:03 PM »
I hate driving so I make hubby do it.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 12:12:13 AM »
I have a bicycle that takes me everywhere, and if not using the bike I walk or (rarely) take the bus. :) This city was built for bicycles and there are so many good bikeroads that are pretty straight so taking the bike is usually a lot faster than going by car or bus. I even use the bike in the middle of winter. :) We don't own a car but the only time I miss one is if we're gonna do a big purchase of something, but often enough it works out anyway. We're also in luck that our favorite supermarket has online shopping with home deliveries so I can sit at home buying my groceries online and get them delivered the next day. For smaller purchases there is a store in walkingdistance. ^^

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 01:22:52 AM »
Walk. Or take the bus. Or the taxi. Depending on the distance.

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 04:34:02 AM »
I have a bicycle but most of the stores are close by so I walk. Public transportation in my town is well... It could be better.

I have a driving license but no car, yet. Would be so much easier to visit my friends.

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 05:24:12 AM »
In the winter I normally go by bus and subway but in the summer I mostly walk to everywhere and when I get my bike back I will also go with it :)

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 06:00:47 AM »
I have my own car.  :)

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »
Hmmm this is a tricky one for me to answer! xD I OWN our car... but my husband is the one who drives me around because after the electrical box episode with my first car he doesnt trust me driving anymore! So I guess I technically ride with someone else even though I bought my car!? xD I think he grounded me from driving it LOL!

I actually MISS being able to walk everywhere or use the bus!! Everything is too spread apart here compared to the old city I lived in up north. I jused to buy an all-bus pass for $1.14 and mall-hop on my days off! ^_^ The bus stop was actually at the ebd of my street too!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:30:46 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:28 AM »
I have had my own vehicle since I could legally drive myself around at 17. Ive had a ute (pick up truck) for around 8 years thats my primary mode of transportation. I don't do public transportation if I can avoid it. I hate it.

I never get a lift, and occasionally catch a taxi if im drinking. I don't own a bike, and im generally too far away to walk (im around 30kms from work, and main shops are a bit of a distance from home when carrying items home)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:15 AM »
I have my own vehicle and I drive everywhere I need to go. I can't imagine being without my own wheels.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 10:16:32 AM »
I can't navigate, and my navigation is so bad because of my ASD that I am advised not to drive and so I have to use public transport. I live in a pseudo-rural area at the moment  and our buses are not the best, and since 2010 I've been actively involved in the local bus user group trying to improve it for our area. It's one step forward, half a shuffle back most of the time. They just changed the buses completely again so I'm having to work out times to get to places all over again and it's frustrating since we just lost a bus that was really good.

Because I have no transport, I have no independent access to carboot sales now the local one near me got closed down.

I like using buses and trains. I'm not obsessive about either (as is the stereotype for people with autism ><) but I find I can navigate a route using bus or train routes better than I can on foot.

From September I should mostly be back in London where public transport is awesome. London people complain about their transport constantly when I'm there, but they really ought to come live a few weeks here ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
I wish I could drive, but it was too scary for me back in my mid teens when I took Driver's Ed. In my late teens I came down with a condition which would stop me from ever being able to drive.

So I go with my parents or friends... I hate to do that to them.

On occasion (like for school) I've caught public transportation, but it's pretty sparse around here.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal