collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40518 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
Is the Scaris 2 pack of Cleo and Goona going to be HTF? I won't be able to afford it until the end of the month and am scared it will sell out. I assume it will be like the Werecat twins, and more shipments will come in later, but just want to make sure... :blush:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:06 PM »
Some of the original wave 1 dolls seem to be re-released periodically (in a few European countries anyway...) but for the most part, they aren't easy to find in stores in the States unless they're some very old stock/customer returns.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 12:03:20 AM »
I finally got PD Cleo! Now if only I could find Jinafire ANYWHERE. There's a bajillion Skelitas around, but Jina eludes me...

I managed to get a Jinafire last week. They had two in the store then.

It was a toss up between her and Clawdeen but I'm glad I got Jina, she's gorgeous.

Rococo

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
I finally got PD Cleo! Now if only I could find Jinafire ANYWHERE. There's a bajillion Skelitas around, but Jina eludes me...

I managed to get a Jinafire last week. They had two in the store then.

It was a toss up between her and Clawdeen but I'm glad I got Jina, she's gorgeous.

I see tons of Jinafire around and pass on her all the dang time, but I just know that one day she's going to be impossible to find and I'm suddenly going to want her because of her rarity. >_<

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »
I've only seen Jinafire once in store, and it was at a Barnes & Noble. I've actually seen Skelita more at this point!

I guess the Scaris 2-pack that one TRU had is gone, sadface. I know I wouldn't have gotten a ride out that far, but there was a glimmer of hope! Added to the fact I bet that one would have the Werecat 3-pack, just to hurt me :<

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »
I love dragons. That was the main reason I got her. Looooove dragons. 

And I love her dress and her shoes and her little dragon trunk.

And her tail. She can stand up by herself with that thing properly placed.

I did hesitate on deboxing her because I wasn't sure how rare she was.

But I'm hopeful she'll get a second release with a different outfit and hairstyle. Because she's awesome.

Frankie Stein

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »
anyone know when DC 5 pack w Gil and the 2 pack w Heath will be released!?! Need my boys!!!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »
Ugh, I need more room. I was thinking of rotating dolls from the shelf in my closet to my main shelves I display on once I get too many to keep out at once. I looked at everyone and tried to think of any that I would sell but I don't have any I want to get rid of so that's kind of out.
My husband just needs to get me a bigger shelf so I don't have to worry about space lol. I still have nude dolls in a bin that need to be rehaired and once they get new hair or customized they need somewhere to go too.
Man, when I first started collecting I never imagined my collection to get this big. I mean I never set a restriction on how many I was going to buy but I never thought I would end up with this many in almost a year.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 06:57:25 AM »
I've been thinking about the new releases coming, and I've grown rather tired of the core dolls as of late. I want more new characters! XD AAAAANNND! - I NEED more fashion packs, especially for Rochelle, Jinafire and (as always) Abbey. (Even though she has plenty already ;) )
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »
Just saw pics of Catty Noir after being away from the forum for the weekend... rather disappointed that she's slathered in pink. I got tired of it from MLP, and it's part of the reason why I originally liked MH, it used many different colors in fun and creative designs... but if you wanted lots of pink, you could buy a Draculaura. Now we also have Cupid, Rochelle (to a lesser extent), Howleen starting to have pink hair, the genie girl and the new werecat with it... don't get me wrong, I like pink in moderate doses. I'm just thinking it's starting to become a bit overkill.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:32 AM »
Just saw pics of Catty Noir after being away from the forum for the weekend... rather disappointed that she's slathered in pink. I got tired of it from MLP, and it's part of the reason why I originally liked MH, it used many different colors in fun and creative designs... but if you wanted lots of pink, you could buy a Draculaura. Now we also have Cupid, Rochelle (to a lesser extent), Howleen starting to have pink hair, the genie girl and the new werecat with it... don't get me wrong, I like pink in moderate doses. I'm just thinking it's starting to become a bit overkill.

Ironically my whole collection doesn't seem to be slathered in pink and I'm working on getting loose set of all the dolls for my collection..

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 07:59:28 AM »

Agree, I can pass the pink hair but the frilly pink glitter dress is too mush  :huh: Catrine also has pink.

She would look mush better in light blue or dark purple instead  :(

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »
It guess it depends on tastes mejohnson85. Some won't be bothered by it at all.

That said, I just saw the two-packs and the Die-ner... and I like Die-ner Lala, now I just seem like the biggest hypocrite in the thread. Woops.
Also like both two-packs... and the extra Opie... oh dear, my wallet cries. But then I realise I don't like any of the PD dolls or want the Favourites re-releases, so I can save up.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »
I know what you mean.. it does seem like a lot of pink... My favorite color is green.... So... well green and blue (probably why I like Frankie's eyes so much)... if I ever have enough money to set aside and get one of these faceups I would... she is amazing!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-custom-Monster-High-doll-repaint-Operetta-goth-bjd-phantom-of-the-opera-/321089629133?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item4ac26eebcd&nma=true&si=6eVYxwJUuC24OCvKdVkt8IUtOCU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »
I tried ordering the Scaris 2-pack with I heart Frankie and I got through the whole order and hit the submit button and I then got a message saying that the Scaris 2-pack was out of stock.  In a matter of minutes when I was ordering it sold out!  I was so mad!  Especially, because it went ahead with the order of Frankie at full price.  So, I cancelled the order and I missed out on the BOGO 50 event.

I want to get my hands on the rereleases of Frankie and Clawdeen but I don't know how that is going to work without paying an arm and a leg on eBay.  They seem to be pricing them around $80 each MIB. 

I like the picture of Catty Noir!  I think the black makes the pink really pop.  I love black cats too. 

Now after seeing the MIB pix of the new PD wave, I think I may end up with Frankie.  I am kind of disappointed in the changes to Operetta.  She was my favorite of the wave but with the changes, I don't know if I am going to like her as much.

On another note, I managed to get a nude Wave 1 Ghoulia and DotD Frankie for some FP outfits.  The more I look at DotD Frankie, the more I kind of think I want her in stock.  She's prettier than I thought.  At first she didn't appeal to me at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal