collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30410 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:39:18 PM »
A thread to talk about Livs, spam Liv photos, and chat about Liv-related things. Its fine to post photos of Livs with non-Livs and to discuss things like other doll clothing/accessories in relation to Livs (i.e. Barbie clothes/accessories you want for your Livs), but this is a Liv thread first and foremost and that's what we're here to talk about!

All I ask is if you're posting a lot of photos, 5+ I'd say, use spoiler tags so the thread doesn't lag! :)

If, for some reason, you don't want to post here or you just want to look at Liv photos without chat scattered around, visit the pic spam thread!

Tutorials
Eye Swapping

-------------

I'll start us off with an introduction to my School's Out Sophie! Like most of my dolls, she's currently nameless. >.< I actually got her over a month ago, but never got around to posting about her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spoiler
She's a super pretty doll, and I'm quite happy with her. The only problem? When I first got her I tried to remove her wig, and it ripped off of the peg! I originally planned to use her wig on someone else, but thankfully the colors weren't perfect for that so she got to keep it. I don't know if I want to hot glue it to her head or not. It can be a huge pain to get it to look right, which also means I'm worried about gluing it on wrong.

Today I took Sadie and School's Out Sophie down to the river for some photos. They got wet and a bit muddy, but it was fun. Hopefully I'll be able to share nice edited photos soon! :D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:16:22 PM by Taxel »

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
These dolls are really pretty! I absolutely love the detail in their face. It's really different and better quality from barbie. I don't really collect them though and don't think I ever will, sadly. They're just a bit too realistic to fit into my collection of toys lol. I DO however enjoy viewing creative photos of them! They make such good models! So please pic spam on, collectors!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »
ooh, fun!  Here are 3 of my girls...I'm on my tiny computer, so I don't have many photos here, and I haven't uploaded the ones I do have onto photobucket, lol.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »
I love all the photos! I might take some tomorrow. I've taken a few of my Queen of Hearts acouple days ago, and when I get the chance, I'll share them with ya' guys :)

Christmas 2011 I got Alice in Wonderland Hayden, and I never really connected with her. I didn't want to sell her, so I decided to use her body for my Pullip, her wig for a Create a Monster in the future, and her clothing for my Pullip and other Liv Dolls. But one thing was left - the head. Keeping a random head around would be creepy on so many levels, so I decided that I want to customize her 8D

But I have no clue what to do. Any tips? Oh, and if any of you have, or know of, any Liv customs, please share pictures! ^_^
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
I've acquired 16 or 17 (depending on how you count the horse) Liv dolls since late March. XD
One of them, the girl with pink hair, is supposed to be traded to a friend, but we're not sure if that's gonna work out yet, but man I hope so. If the trade falls through, I'm going to have her customized when I can afford it. Some sort of mystical or complex face-up, like maybe half of a butterfly by one eye? I wish that Spinmaster had done some mythical/just not so ordinary Livs.

As far as customs go, I know I've seen a lot of them of Flickr. But they range from REALLY awful to amazingly good, so it can be a bit painful to look them up. Lol!

And here are my previous Liv photo threads, since I don't feel like reposting them. Just don't go posting on them all and bumping up old threads. If you want to respond to one, just post it here and link to the thread or quote the photo or something. :3
Jude and Lucy
Tweety and See's Candies Barbies
Park
Windowsill
Spa Makeover & School's Out Alexis

But apparently I never posted a lot of photos, unless I missed it, so I'll toss those up soon.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:20 PM »
Question for all you LIV collectors.. Do they make many red head dolls? I have a thing for red head dolls.. Which is why I have Ariel, Bloom from Winx, and Meygana Broomstix... I would love to have at least one LIV for my doll collection and am hoping for a nice red head with preferably blue eyes.

Any ideas?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:31:42 PM »
Nope, there are no redheads and I believe there are only two "red" wigs (one isn't very red and has brown in it, and the other is crimson and brown/black). That's like the one thing that pisses me off and drives me insane with Livs. They've got all these different skintones (even though the "white girls" are usually hard to see it on, if there is a difference) and tons of different wigs and everything. . .but lol redheads? Screw them!

What you could do is buy a Sophie (she has blue eyes) and some type of red wig.

Edit: Redhead spam!

And since I have that wig, I can try it on my different Sophies for you if you'd like (and technically its on a Sophie now, lol). :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:35:54 PM by Taxel »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
Yay! Now we finally have a thread for Liv dolls!

I'd post pics but I haven't taken any and I had to return my friend's camera since he needed it, but I'll probably ask him again later. X3

I have too many Sophies. Just added a 3rd and already possibly gonna get a 4th one soon. >> *Found a SO Sophie on "clearance" at Rite Aid*

So if anyone wants to trade...XP
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
I think I will slowly post the photos I have all pretty and edited. I should finally have PS back soon though, and that will end in huge amounts of spam!

Nadia and Tavore. :D

But speaking on Sophies, I can't decide if I love or hate her eyes. They make me think of stuff like shattered glass, and they look so out of place with other Livs usually. That's all good for the ice mage girl, but its kinda odd on the others to me.

And for eyes in general, I wish they had at least done different styles of the same colors. Aren't they all the same?

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
Nope, there are no redheads and I believe there are only two "red" wigs (one isn't very red and has brown in it, and the other is crimson and brown/black). That's like the one thing that pisses me off and drives me insane with Livs. They've got all these different skintones (even though the "white girls" are usually hard to see it on, if there is a difference) and tons of different wigs and everything. . .but lol redheads? Screw them!

What you could do is buy a Sophie (she has blue eyes) and some type of red wig.

Edit: Redhead spam!

And since I have that wig, I can try it on my different Sophies for you if you'd like (and technically its on a Sophie now, lol). :)

That actually looks stunning on her! Do you have any more pics you could show? :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
Her eyes do look like shattered glass. I opened my SO Hayden today after so long (Finally) and her eyes goes from olive green into a orange/brown which I really like. I need to get some more dolls to change their eyes as well as wigs...too many blonde ones. =_=;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 11:16:56 PM »
Karrie - I have some more photos of that doll here. But I could take some more for you tomorrow if you'd like.

Luvly - I adore Hayden's eyes! Though I think Katie's have to be my favorites. I'm a sucker for bright green.
Thankfully I only have 5 blonde dolls. :D And one doesn't even wear a wig. I'm kinda annoyed over all the brown/black I have, and I'd love to get some more unnatural colored wigs at least for fun.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »
Yeah, I LOVE Katie's eyes!! That's why I chose her eye color as a perfect match to go with Sophie's! I wish I could find more of their fasion packs. >,<; Really want that Tennis outfit along with the Night Out outfit as well as any of the other dresses they have, fancy or not.

But if this project goes well, maybe I'll be able to come up with all kinds of dresses!! *Motivated*
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:41:02 PM »
Oh man, I wish I could buy basically every fashion pack. The ones I want most (at least on the website I'm on) are Night Out (thanks, lol), Prom Night Teal Dress, and Preppy Cool Fashion 2-Pack. I also really want the purple one you were hunting down when I first got into Liv.

The Tennis outfit used to be all over the place here. Made me hate it. xD

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »
That same pink & purple I took for granted last month when I saw it and was like: "I want it, but chances are no one will buy it so I'll have a lot of time to get it" It's gone now...=-=; Maybe I can try to go out of reach places and search for it there hoping they're there. Do you by any chance still see those Tennis sets? If not, then Barbie better have one just as nice as that one and isn't overloaded with pink. >,>
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal