collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I waited ten years to open this [pic heavy]  (Read 751 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
I waited ten years to open this [pic heavy]
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »
So you can wait a few minutes to read about it, and look at something else first! xD

When I was little, I played with Barbies. Long after I stopped playing with them (and even before that), people bought them for me. For 8-9ish years, give or take depending on the doll, I had a few Barbies on display in my room. I wasn't allowed to open them. After moving and lots of RL stuff, I decided to finally sell them like I'd planned. While my boyfriend and I searched for them (we never fully unpacked), I decided there was one I had to open.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Barbie was cute, although not really my thing. I considered keeping her for luls until I undressed her. Needless to say, I'm horrified and want that thing out of my house.

Much to my joy, the outfit fits Livs perfectly!

Even the slippers!

Barbie and Nadia battled it out to see who fit the sleeping bag better. I voted for neither, but at least Nadia brought a pillow. And clothes.

And now, what I waited ten years to open! When I was eight, I wanted the See's Candies Barbie like mad. On my ninth birthday, she was mine! I was not, however, allowed to open her. She sat on a shelf for years, and in 2008 when I got into Pullips I was very tempted to open her for her accessories. Today I finally did.

This is the Barbie, chilling out in her box.

I took tons of photos of her still in her box/stock, but I'll save those for when I get Photoshop back. For now, enjoy this shot of the amazing way toys were packaged when I was a kid. I was literally stunned when I turned her over.

Barbie came with an adorable piece of chocolate on a napkin in her hand.

Know how she can hold it? ITS A RING!!! Freaking brilliant!!!! The other chocolate package DIDN'T FALL APART when I removed it from her hand. I nearly died. I expected it to crumble when I removed the rubberband, but it was made with two! AMAZING!!!
(Seriously I'm not being sarcastic. My boyfriend and I were blown away by this.)

The first thing one of my Livs, a new girl not yet introduced or named, tried on was the stockings. Standing, they're a bit loose. But sitting, they're perfect!

The dress also fits perfectly! The material is wonderful and thick, it feels very high quality, so its a bit hard to sit down. She can still do it, however.

I took a handful of good photos (most got deleted) of her in the box, balanced on my knees against the desk while she posed. That was not easy.

But then I had a brilliant idea! USE A LAMP!!! I have literally NEVER manipulated light in such a manner. I've used a few flashlights for self-portraits years ago, but never a lamp, lightbox, reflecty thingy, etc. The lamp used to belong to our fish, but after the last one died boyfriend said he didn't want anymore and the fish stuff was thrown away. Anyways, I took photos until my camera battery died (only got 200 shots XP), and I'm not finished yet! I want to do more photos tomorrow.

As soon as I get Photoshop back, you can all expect some delicious chocolatey spam! :D I could not be happier with my decision to open the Barbie, and am really thrilled that I realized I should try out the lamp.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Re: I waited ten years to open this [pic heavy]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:19:35 AM »
Wow, that See's Candy Barbie is AWESOME!  Glad you finally opened her up and are getting some use out of all those great little accessories ^_^

~Rodan+Fields~

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »
oh my gosh! the See's Barbie is BRILLIANT! all those accessories are adorable! I love that she is handing out the free sample you get when you go into the store ---mmmm now i want some See's lol

I can't wait for chocolatey pic-spam :D

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »
What I can't believe is that an eight year wasn't allowed to open her Barbie D:
But, I'm glad you finally did. It all looks so cool!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
What I can't believe is that an eight year wasn't allowed to open her Barbie D:
But, I'm glad you finally did. It all looks so cool!

lol so true! when i was 8 you couldn't keep me out of it in the car on the way home

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
Thanks guys! :D I can't wait to play with them some more later.

And as for the opening thing, it was because the See's one was sold as a collectible I think? And the Tweety one was a special gift, and has a cool box (you can change what's on the TV). But I knew I wasn't going to be allowed to open the See's one, and I'm glad I wasn't allowed to open either. I definitely would not have any of the pieces still, especially not the accessories, because my mom got rid of most of my Barbie stuff without my permission. I'm still mad about loosing all the clothes/accessories and my handmade stable. XP

But yeah, I was only allowed to open one of my collectible dolls and I treated her so carefully. I never even clipped the string to take her shawl off her dress. xD But the dust ruined her hair, maybe, and its allllll over her dress. I'm no Barbie collector so I dunno if the hair can be fixed.

And in a somewhat related thing, I got a new Liv doll today. I was so sad when I saw the back of her box and all the crap holding her in. Such a waste! And sooooo annoying. Her crappy robe (its like, dollar store doll quality, not Liv quality) was held in with more crap than See's Barbie. ._.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:02:44 PM by Taxel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal