collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CONFIRMED SCAM! Member Scamming Through Ebay!  (Read 11378 times)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: CONFIRMED SCAM! Member Scamming Through Ebay!
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2014, 06:39:06 PM »
If Stormy reports it to Ebay they will most likely delete her listing, I have had this happen to me before on ebay and they take action pretty quick about copyright stuff.

Good I am glad to hear that!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »
Wow.  Just putting "this is not a scam" doesn't make it less of a shady, scamming thing to do.

Right? Ugh. If you were trying to win favor in the pony community and convince people you were a decent person, this was not the way to do it. Printing off a picture you found on the internet and have no right to and selling it on ebay? Ugh.

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »
Good point and I am not even sure what she is doing is legal? I sure wouldn't think so since she is trying to make a profit off of somebody else's picture she found on the internet and printed.

Wow.  Just putting "this is not a scam" doesn't make it less of a shady, scamming thing to do.

Right? Ugh. If you were trying to win favor in the pony community and convince people you were a decent person, this was not the way to do it. Printing off a picture you found on the internet and have no right to and selling it on ebay? Ugh.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
It is absolutely not legal, and ebay doesn't stand for that. Which is why I hope the owner is able to report it quickly.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2014, 07:29:09 PM »
I don't think the owner has to report it as long as eBay is shown that it was stolen from another website and it's obviously a reproduction. I think that's enough to convince them to take it down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
I'm sorry, I rarely post on this particular board - I just read/lurk - but I just HAVE to say...the behavior by this individual can best be summed up as one word:  PATHETIC. 

If this individual finds that word hard to swallow, perhaps she needs to take a long, hard look at her actions.  From making up a story about "her niece," to trying to act like she wasn't who she said she was, to modifying her intro post for whatever shady reason today, and now stealing a picture and trying to sell it in severely ILL light to people... come on, now.  Grow up.

I'm happy that the community is putting together the pieces before further scams can play out.  Sigh.  Sad.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »
As soon as I started reading that first post of hers I knew it was her...what a horrible person! I can't believe those poor people on eBay thinking they'll get Mimic MOC...her headline is completely misleading even if her description vaguely lets you know it's a pic (later down on the page) She should announce in big, bold letters that it's just a photo...THAT'S what someone with any kind of a conscience would do. The woman is scum, and lying about her being someone else is not exactly endearing her to anyone who might want to listen to her side of the story! I know I've made my mind up about the situation *BANNED* from my sales!

Oh, has she been banned from here now? I can only see negative repercussions if she stays, but I guess it's up to the mods...do the actions of people outside the arena affect their ability to be a member, or is it just based on your actions here?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:07:49 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2014, 11:17:46 PM »
Good lesson about reading the description before you bid on something...?
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2014, 12:32:19 AM »
Well it looks like the listing has disappeared...so either ebay removed it or she had a stroke of conscious and felt bad or realized that it was illegal and got scared. Either way I am happy to see it was gone for the person who would have had to pay way too much for a piece of paper with a stolen image on it  :blink:

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2014, 12:52:59 AM »
Im glad it was removed! Poor misled bidders. I was wondering why I didnt see the listing!

Offline Discord

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2014, 02:01:49 AM »
Sadly, it's too the point that I'd want a copy of the hospital bill and talk to the child's doctor over the phone before I even *started* believing these stories.  Most parents who are dealing with ill children are NOT focused on Ebay and collecting toys for the kids, they're focusing on either getting the child well, and in (sadly) terminally ill cases, looking at end-of-life care.

It makes me so sick when people pull this crap.

When my son was in the hospital in Salt Lake City, we weren't worried about toys for him, etc. We were worried if he'd make it the next day...he passed away in 2008, but it sickens me that people will use their child's illness to get freebee's, pity, etc. If I can't afford it, I just don't buy it =\

This really disheartens me :(

They must not understand what some families go through who have children with terminal illnesses :(
Formerly known as DeviantCandy

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2014, 02:05:22 AM »
I'm curious which it was too. Glad it's gone though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2014, 03:11:33 AM »
Sadly, it's too the point that I'd want a copy of the hospital bill and talk to the child's doctor over the phone before I even *started* believing these stories.  Most parents who are dealing with ill children are NOT focused on Ebay and collecting toys for the kids, they're focusing on either getting the child well, and in (sadly) terminally ill cases, looking at end-of-life care.

It makes me so sick when people pull this crap.

When my son was in the hospital in Salt Lake City, we weren't worried about toys for him, etc. We were worried if he'd make it the next day...he passed away in 2008, but it sickens me that people will use their child's illness to get freebee's, pity, etc. If I can't afford it, I just don't buy it =\

This really disheartens me :(

They must not understand what some families go through who have children with terminal illnesses :(

Sorry to hear this hun :( This disheartens me too.

Admins, the person signed up to the forum right? In adminCP, I'm pretty sure you can check their IP. With their IP, you can find out their location and so many other things. And if you guys would like to bring it up with the federals/interwebs police, I'm pretty sure they'll put an end to her. I hope she can afford the fine/jail time.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2014, 03:23:31 AM »
I am not taking any side, but please: don't start a witch-hunt.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2014, 03:42:35 AM »
Dont worry TSU , this isnt a witch hunt :hug: .   We are only trying to protect the community .
This is a genuinely shady person who has shown herself to be a liar (regardless of the sick neice story, she still managed to join here supposedly as someone else, pretending to be someone else to defend this persons behaviour, and she stole a picture from Stormy (the OP) and tried to sell on ebay in a misleading auction). This person *is* a known scammer (regardless of the cancer story or not). We dont just throw out accusations and we  dont ban people or delete what they said for no reason either.
I'm thinking that the acution was probably reported by Stormy herself and ebay pulled it because of stolen pictures. I dont know for sure, but I do think that the auction went down due to someone reporting her rather than her having a sudden attack of conscience  :awake:

Slightly OT but I'm so sorry to hear about your son Discord :cry:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal