collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Glue Seepage Thread  (Read 32420 times)

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Glue Seepage Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »
I've recently discovered my Venus has the seep, and the Meowlody I treated last year has had it return and it had stained her hair yellow, yuck! I seem to have fixed it though, she's currently drying. I'm still contemplating how to go about washing Venus's :huh:

Were you able to get the yellow out?  Did you use Tea Tree oil?

I think the yellowing bothers me more than the stickiness :mad:

So far as I can tell its gone but i'll check properly tomorrow in the daylight. I use Twin Pines formula 9-1-1. I was quite shocked when I moved her hair and saw that about halfway down the strands were dark yellow and greasy/sticky!
I've noticed the white hair these dolls have (Meowlody, Frankie, maybe Abbey) seems to change colour regardless of having glue seepage or not, none of my loose white haired ghouls have that beautiful blue white colour anymore :( My MIB SDCC Frankie still does, so not sure if its something to do with them being unboxed.
I was wondering, I have some silver shampoo I use to keep my own hair white and stop yellow tones, would it be safe to try on doll hair? I think I need to find me a baity ghoul with discoloured white hair to experiment on.

Venus is going to be a pain to fix but I have an idea that i'm going to attempt soon. I've bought a new one too as back up, just in case!

OMG I thought I was the only one that could smell the glue! My Abbey smelled so bad before I washed her hair it was gross!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
Does DT usually have glue seepage? I am trying to figure out if my Cleo has it.

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
My GB Lala has a major glue leak,And I don't have anything to remove it,I read the entire thread and there is no method I can use.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »
From what I remember, only big boxed dolls get the glue, thin boxed ones don't. My DT Frankie isn't stinky with the glue nor does she have the glue texture, and one of my swimline Venuses I cracked her head open and and she had no glue at all whatsoever.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
I think I need a Swimline Venus with the Sig MakeUp then.. Just in case. I hope she won't be too hard to get. -_-

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2013, 01:41:31 AM »
Isn't the Venus with the sig make-up the easier one to find? If I remember correctly. Although, we don't have Swim Class here at all. I am getting my Venus in a trade.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2013, 02:10:33 AM »
Isn't the Venus with the sig make-up the easier one to find? If I remember correctly. Although, we don't have Swim Class here at all. I am getting my Venus in a trade.

We got them a while ago.. I don't know if Venus is still around and I never checked the faces. :|
But I thought since the sig-version was basically a 'mistake' maybe only the US/CAN got them?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:52 AM »
From what I thought, in my mind:

The first batch of the swimline dolls, the Venuses had Signature makeup as an accidental mistake, and after that batch, the newer batches got the original makeup they're SUPPOSED To have had.

I actually kinda think the Signature makeup Swimline Venuses are a lot rarer than the newer ones coming out today as newer batches show up with new makeup and the older first ones slowly get flushed out. And seeing how in the US, people are mostly swiping up Venuses from that line, their numbers are getting smaller faster. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »
I checked Meowlody and the yellow staining has definately gone!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2013, 03:43:35 PM »
I checked Meowlody and the yellow staining has definately gone!

That's SO great :cheer:  Good for you and Meowlody!  I'll have to keep my eyes open for Formula 9-1-1.......

As for Swim Venus, I've only seen ones with the Sig. faceup.  BUT I haven't seen her in a long time!  I'm still looking for a green one.  She seems to be cherry picked ATM.  I DID find a Swim Lala with fangs yesterday, though.  I thought I'd never remember to check for her, and that I'd find a corrected Venus WAY before a corrected Lala:)  Guess I was wrong :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »
From what I remember, only big boxed dolls get the glue, thin boxed ones don't. My DT Frankie isn't stinky with the glue nor does she have the glue texture, and one of my swimline Venuses I cracked her head open and and she had no glue at all whatsoever.

Nope, the small line boxes can have it too. My Killer Styles are affected, and a Gloom Beach Clawdeen.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »
I noticed yesterday, while redressing some of my SS ghouls that all three; Cleo, Clawdeen and Frankie have began to show signs. Their hair was beginning to clump into sticky wads. There is no odd smell or discoloration on Frankie's scalp, however, her hair, which was white, when I got her has gotten a yellowish tint.

I checked my sig Frankie and noticed something odd. Her hair is fine, still soft and slick, no grease, stickiness or anything ese, but there is a bit of her scalp that has begun to get yellowish. Is this the beginning of glue seepage?

My Mewlody has yellowish hair here and there, mostly around where it is gelled. her hair isn't sticky but there is a bit of clumping in the roots.

EDIT: I think the tea tree oil worked! Frankie's hair has no yellowing in it, Cleo's isn't ily anymore and neither is Clawdeen's.

i just washed the SS gang with tea tree oil and am anxious to see how they turn out. I hope I rinsed it out well enough. I used Garnier shampoo and conditioner in one to wash it out.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:07:23 PM by Nana-Rena »

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:40 PM »
Just wondering: has anyone tried 409 cleaner on their dolls with glue seepage?  I ask this because we use it at work to clean up goopy and oily messes and tonight the oiler on one of the machines malfunctioned and leaked all over the the 409 cleaned it all up and left nothing behind.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal