collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have any tattoos?

No, and I never will
140 (35.8%)
No, but I might get one someday
100 (25.6%)
Not yet, but I plan to get one eventually
51 (13%)
Yes, but it's typically hidden under my clothes
52 (13.3%)
Yes, and at least one is normally visible
48 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 337

Author Topic: *poke*  (Read 5094 times)

TabbyKitty

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: *poke*
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:43 AM »
I have a couple. One of a shamrock on my shoulder blade & the other on my lower back is my old horses name cause after 20 years of putting up with me he deserved some recognition  :lol:

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2015, 04:24:12 AM »
I personally don't plan on getting any tattoos. I don't mind seeing people with them, though. :) They just aren't for me is all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2015, 05:26:19 AM »
At the moment I dont have any,l but i would love to have one in the future! Maybe in some years when i have a stable job sice tattoos are always a problem when you are searching for one.

A Shark or a lioness whit her cub (for my mom, she is a fierce lioness to me) are my ideas for one!

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

tyleen

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2015, 05:08:40 PM »
I have two. The treble clef and bass clef symbols on my back where my kidneys should be. I got my firdt one before my 21st birthday and the second was a 28th birthday present.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 12:09:39 AM »
Currently no, I have idea of what I'd probably get but I'm not sure if I'd do it. It's not really an option whilst I live with my parents as they're very much not keen on tattoos, or piercings (other than earlobes) or a lot of 'alternative' stuff

My ideas are an old style compass, which is an idea I've had for quite a while, and I'd probably get it as a shoulder or like middle of shoulders piece

Although I've also had ideas for what I think would be a calf piece to get a lemur done, maybe with some Madagascan flowers/plants  since I think the lemurs I volunteer with would make for a rather striking tattoo
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:11:53 AM by starrypawz »

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2015, 01:01:50 AM »
Not in a million years! While I don't mind seeing people with tattoos and everyone should do whatever they want, I personally don't like them at all. I just don't find them appealing, no matter how big or small they are.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2015, 04:39:55 AM »
I'd never get a tattoo.  If I wanted to experiment a bit and try body modifications, I'd sooner dye my hair crazy colours or get piercings because they're not permanent.

That said, I know of some lovely tattoos that people have.  I think the very simple ones are quite lovely, and I had a friend who lost his dad at 15 and tattooed his dad's name and birth/death dates over his heart which is such a touching tribute.

I think it's cool that tattoos aren't as stigmatised though as they were.  There are a lot of really clever subtle ideas out there that go beyond regrettable bf/gf names and naked chicks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:43:49 AM by daffodil101 »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2015, 08:50:17 PM »
I don't, and I probably won't.  I haven't got anything against them.  I do on occasion consider it, but there is no art I've ever seen that makes me want to have it added to my skin.  And then on top of that the cost of them, I'd rather just buy ponies with that money.  Haha.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »
I have a tribal butterfly on my right calf, my best friend and I both got butterflies of some sort in the same place to signify our long term bff status... And yes, we are still besties going on 29 years  :lol:
I have always had another tattoo planned but too scared to get it done, as my body had such a nasty reaction to my first, my artist suggested that I don't go through with another.   :huh:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

PinkKayte

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2015, 02:31:52 AM »
I wouldn't consider myself heavily tattooed, but I do have quite a few pieces. I'm currently in the process of a leg sleeve - why they don't call them trousers, I'll never know! - which depicts cute, kitsch and comforting things which play significant roles in my life. I have a large thigh piece of Virginia Woolf, one of my favourite authors, and an author whose work plays a pivotal role in my PhD thesis. I also have two tattoos on my left leg, which will develop into a fairytale sleeve, four on my stomach and one on my shoulder. I predominantly cover all my tattoos, as  they are on areas I don't normally show off, but I do love showing off my leg tattoos in summer.

I know tattoos aren't for everyone, but I see them as part of a process of reclaiming my body and making it my own. Curiously, however, many people can't understand that a disabled person would want tattoos, and they therefore assume that I can't have much pain in my legs! Luckily, though, I have many friends who recognize the fact that my disability and my tattoos are interlinked aspects of me.

Offline AmethystDefender

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2015, 01:30:26 AM »
"No and never will"  I don't like pain. XD;  Also, they're too permanent.  I will occasionally get temporary airbrush tattoos or henna though.  But I wouldn't pay for a henna though...as I can do that myself (except that I don't know how to make the stuff)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:34:35 AM by AmethystDefender »
A.K.A.: VioletWhirlwind in most other places online
 Sig by Emuel

bottlerocketpops

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2015, 11:07:32 PM »
I would but the way my luck goes I'd end up allergic and it just isn't worth the trouble.

reds and pinks are most notorious for starting/giving allergic reactions

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »
Oh yes, I love tattoos, although I can fully understand why other people don't like them as well. I currently have 3 tattoos and am planning a fourth; my current pride-and-joy is the compass from the American edition of House of Leaves, which is tattooed on the side of my neck. It's a simple, beautiful design, pertaining to one of my favourite books, and it brings back lovely memories of this Summer temp job I had looking after an art exhibition (becuase one day I finished my shift at the exhibition and then ran straight down to the tattoo parlour to get that particular bit of ink done!) Good times!  :heart:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »
Not in a million years! While I don't mind seeing people with tattoos and everyone should do whatever they want, I personally don't like them at all. I just don't find them appealing, no matter how big or small they are.

This is me too. I have seen SO many horribly-done tattoos (especially scary baby faces). However, I LOVE the idea of reconstructive tattooing. If I ever had to have the mole on my face removed I'd try to get it tattoed back on XD

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »
I have a horse head on my hip.  It's usually always hidden so only a few people get to see it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal