collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Called off work sick--show me...  (Read 349 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Called off work sick--show me...
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »
...the custom or pony you're most proud of, ever! And tell me what makes you proud of them.

Alternately, ponies with sentimental value or cool stories :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:56:15 PM by Shiromisa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Home sick--show me...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
*hugs* Hang in there!

Here is my rehaired Candy Cane Yum Yum! I got her with a bobtail and a mohawk, so I decided to add a creative touch centered around my favorite G1 set. She even smells sweet!

Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Home sick--show me...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 05:50:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that you're homesick :hug:

The pony that has the most sentimental meaning to me would be my "Best Day Ever" custom that I made. It represents my wedding day, it's cutie symbol is the tattoo that my husband and I got 3 months after we got married. It's not my most detailed custom, but I love it more than any of the others. In the picture below you can see the custom (G1 Teeny Tiny Newborn) and my husbands tattoo which I designed as well :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Called off work sick--show me...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
Hope you get to feeling better! :)

This girl :)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »
I hope it is okay to share a few since you mentioned special and also most proud
and you mentioned customs
so here goes:
This is my custom alternate version of a true ladybird should look

my favorite custom so far and I am proud that this was how I thought of her to be because it looks perfect to me with how the ladybugs should look and this color combo has been done by Hasbro but not often and is rarely on a pony like this

This one is most special because I deflocked her myself and she goes everywhere with me.
Why?
She is the pony I kicked myself over for a long time and was upset about because I left her behind in a yard sale box I had come across. I didn't care for the flocked ponies for a long time. I saw a flocked pony in person for the first time(this one) and was still unsure about them. When I came across this flocked pony and  held it  but stupid me left her behind in that yard sale box, still unsure if I wanted the so soft set. I did manage to bring home princess sparkle, I do remember that...who else I need to remember.
so when I told my online pony buddys I saw some and left some behind but bought these they ofcourse were like "WHAT?! WHO?" and then I described the so soft not knowing anything about her, they were like too bad she is rarer.  I decided to look her up on eBay and had a very hard time finding her and when I did I kept losing the auctions. I was so upset. She made me feel bad about leaving her and not loving her too. I finally managed to win 1 and then I got another for deflocking. I take the deflocked of her on vacation so my so soft version doesn't get ruined. I want more of her. I will never ever leave a pony behind again. This lesson she taught me ...even if I don't love it. But I do leave g3 behind ha ha.

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:08 AM »
I feel your pain, I've been coughing and sneezing all week now and my dad's sick in bed. Flu season must be early this year. :huh: Get well soon!

I always have a hard time deciding which custom I like best, so have my most recent one. I CHOOSE YOU TWO-HEADED PONY.

Love that color combo!

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:38 AM »
woah 2 headed creature there, so superbly done in design too wow
how unique and cool is that wow

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 12:49:40 AM »
Here is my first custom I ever had made - it was a G2 and I gave her as a gift to my swap partner. I named her Precious Swirls: One day I would like to recreate her for myself, with a little change in her design when it comes to hair - but I was short on Daiquiri Ice back then:

Hmmm, this might be a story about swaps ;)

I want you to meet those special - for me - ladies:

When I was little, Pina Colada was one of the 4 G1's I owned. But my rottweiler girl liked her as well - so much in fact, she had chewed poor Pina's mouth off! My grandfather fixed her, gluing her back together, but in truth, I don't have her anymore. I probably lost her and Rosette, during a move. I was really desperate to get her back and looking for her was actually what brought me to the Arena and the pony-collecting fandom :) The Tropical ponies were the set I wanted to complete
the most (and that's coming from a 'gotta catch all of the G2's collector!).

And you know what? Almost all of those beautiful Ladies were gifts. Hula Hula is probably the most memorable addition to my collection - I've got her during the Hula Hula swap organized by clones_rebellion and my box was prepared by the sweet Sweet_Cicely. It was a brag to remember! Just look at all the things I've got:

But the first girl I got - and also in a swap! - was Tootie Tails. She was a gift from the lovely Fingerpaints :heart: It was my first swap and she made it such a great experience, I quickly got addicted to them.

Seabreeze was a halloween pony for me :silly: I got her during a Halloween Swap that emery hosted and I was lucky to have beangrrrl as my partner, as she spoiled me absolutely rotten :heart:

And finally, I left my favorite girl for the last story - I always had a Pina Colada on my G1 shelves. But I wanted one that would have a meaning behind her - I desperately wanted to receive her in a swap. And it finally happened in a super amazing box I got from windsong! Not only Pina was absolutely lovely - all the gifts I received were kind of special to me, making it very memorable.

I hoped this little story cheered you up a bit *sends pony hugs your way*

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:34 PM »
Oh I dont have pictures unfortunately. I think the pony I am perhaps proudest of is my plain but adorable Cotton Candy. Because she is the pony which started me collecting. She was the pony I spotted in an ebay auction, the ONLY pony I intended to have as a reminder of my favourite childhood toy line. She arrived, she needed friends and the rest as they say is pony history.

I hope you feel better soon Shiromisa! :hug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal