collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 437
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93397 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2023, 04:39:57 PM »
BC, Oh that sounds really bad!  :( I hope you can see a doctor soon and find out what's wrong! :heart:

Oh dear Aster, trouble with hairballs?  :huh:

I didn't get a chance to tell the doctor today about my implant ache. I'll have to make an appointment with my PCP and I guess if it continues or gets worse, go to the ER.

It was a lot of food she hacked up so I think she overate and it upset her stomach. She's vomited three times since I've had her and it's always been food, so I don't think she has a bad hairball. Usually when it's that, they puke mucus and saliva. I did give her some hairball treatment though just as regular maintenance.

--

So about that doctor visit... my appointment was at 10:30, I got there at 9:30. I didn't see the doctor until 1:30. I just home a little while ago. I have a killer headache and I'm starving (food is on its way and I took some medicine for my head). It was the disability doctor. He spent like 5 minutes with me after I waited so long :mad: And of course he doesn't tell me anything. It's all a big secret. So now I get to wait some more as they use his evaluation to determine my case.

Also, while I was waiting I stepped outside for a few minutes just to walk around a little and get out of the tiny waiting room. This dude followed me and tried to talk to me. I was like, dude no. Go away. I had to go back inside to keep him from bothering me.

A shockingly outrageous long waiting time! :whoa: Is it always like that in America? Then I would understand such a long waiting time if it was a visit to the emergency room where there is no appointment. But when the appointment is already booked, that's completely incomprehensible! >_<
I hope your headache has eased at least a little! :heart:

Our Ozzy is also such a glutton for food that it doesn't take long for him to throw up everything he eats on the floor.  :facepalm:
We have to watch often that he doesn't get to eat Hector's food as well…but that's not always possible.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 04:41:32 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:14 PM »
My sister's old dog used to eat herself sick as a puppy.  She would eat a bunch of dry food and then drink a bunch of water and the water would make the food expand so much in her tummy it would make her vomit.  The vet suggested putting her dry food in water so it would expand before it reached her stomach.  It really helped.  I don't know if there's anything like that you guys can try with your pets.

My first complaint for today is work related.  We started using a new ILS (Integrated Library System) this week and we're finding a lot of things that are giving us trouble.  I think it's mostly because we expect it to work the same as the last system we had but it doesn't.  There are some things that definitely don't work the way we'd hoped but we'll work out those problems eventually, I think.  Unfortunately everyone is in panic mode because "this isn't working" or "that doesn't work" so there's a lot of stress happening.  I ran into it this morning when I was asked to do something and then found out after I was done that I wasn't given 2 of the steps needed to complete the task, so I had to do extra work to undo what I'd done and then redo the whole process.  It was a mess.

My second complaint was that I had to do all of this on about 3 hours of sleep because my brother's girlfriend made so much noise last night that I didn't fall asleep until after 3 and I have to get up at 6:30.  She was talking on the phone and watching TV and when she went into the bathroom she turned on the fan for some reason.  And it wasn't like she hurried in there.  I wonder what it's like to stay home all day and sleep and eat and not have to do anything.  I don't understand why the rule for us has always been that we have to be working or going to school in order to live at home but my brother's girlfriend gets to live here for free without doing either and she doesn't even help out with things like cleaning or cooking.  Half the time when I get home from work she's asleep on the couch because apparently her day of eating and smoking was so exhausting that she has to take a nap at 6 PM in order to stay up the rest of the night.  I can't even get her to put on a new roll of toilet paper.  I think tomorrow I may have to vacuum at 7 am or possibly earlier if my parents are up, since my purpose is not to bother my parents but to show her what it's like to not be allowed to sleep when you're already exhausted.  Maybe if she was actually expected to function during the day she could get a job like a real she keeps claiming she going to. 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2023, 07:20:13 AM »
HoM, it is usually like that for the type of insurance I have. If you can pay for a good insurance company then you can get a doctor who isn't overbooked and will see you on time. But for me and millions of others, we have to wait. The doctors are so booked up that if they spend any time with you, appointments get pushed back. My PCP has a waiting time of about 3 hours, but she's one of the only doctors in the area that take my insurance, which is state issued for low income people. It can vary by state too. Florida does not have a good healthcare system.

--

My complaint, I had the hiccups for a half hour this morning. They make me tired and sometimes they hurt.

My head still hurts too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2023, 05:18:06 PM »
BC, It's really sad when the health care situation there is like that. :( Even today, there is still a big gap between those with high incomes and those with low incomes, and that is wrong.  -_-
Go away, go away, nasty headache! Leave my friend alone!  :enraged:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2023, 05:47:38 AM »

My head was hurting really bad in the night, but I think I was just sleeping funny or had my head/neck at a weird angle. When I woke up proper (or when Aster woke me up, I should say) it was gone. There is a slight pain in my temple behind my ear, but I think that's from my neck ache.

Something strange happened at about 3am. I woke up to a very loud banging ring. The sound was about every 2 minutes. It sounded very close but also far away and it echoed. It went on for about a half hour then stopped. It could have been one of those huge trucks picking up debris, but why would they do it at 3am? Roadwork goes on at night here in the summer but it's been cold, so that's not it. It was weird.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2023, 02:09:26 PM »
i talked to my parents today and they frustrated me a bit. maybe i'm just in a mood. first they're bugging me to get my will done. which fine, i've been thinking about that anyway. but now they're going to bug me constantly. so great. my husband and i have some other stuff we want to take care of first. also i would like to find my own attorney. i don't necessarily want to go to the same one they're using.

also my parents are on a waiting list to get a generator installed. they're using the same company we used for our solar. so of course since it's a company we found he keeps complaining that it's taking a long time. and today he was upset that the HOA sent over some documents for him to look at. he thought when the company said they would work with the HOA it meant that he didn't have to do anything. i told him i had to review and sign documents and pay the processing fee. also it may depend on the HOA. he said that he hadn't really looked at the email yet. so i guess he just assumes the company we recommended is not doing what they said they would. because of course nothing we recommend could be good. the other companies he tried to contact didn't even bother to return calls. he just likes to be contrarian and hate anything someone else recommends. sometimes it's really annoying.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2023, 08:19:03 PM »
And now my brother is fighting with his girlfriend and he's told my parents that he wants her gone since he thinks she's out with another guy instead of the girl she told him she was out with.  Seriously, I don't need reality TV at my house.  I have all the drama I can stand.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2023, 01:21:36 AM »
On the new ILS, I remember that experience when I was at the library, and the wonderful getarounds we had to figure out whenever there was a 'pink screen' (complete system freeze out) which was...daily...

My trivial complaint is people who think they can comment on how a disabled person should/is managing something based on their own (unrelated) experience. It's so patronising to be told by a complete stranger how to handle a situation. This was a discussion related to making changes in a game online, involving one of the means of making currency.

In summary, their argument was, "I don't think we need changes cos I don't want them, but if its hard then I think you should just not access that part of the site or do something else. Yes, it's a lucrative game option and I personally rely on it but you just shouldn't do it if it's difficult. I've had mental health issues in the past (utterly unrelated to the issues being raised which were about an accessible website format) and that's what I do. And it's all about personal responsibility anyway."

They think this is helpful. It's not helpful. It's patronising and rude.

It's one thing to use your personal experiences to explain why you do/don't want changes to happen, it's another to tell someone else how to play/to just put up and shut up because you think you know everything and actually don't.

One person on the thread actually pointed this out to them and made the parallel comparison of "do you give a visually impaired person a guide dog or do you not give them any help and tell them never to go out?" And that same person came back with the same argument they made before.

One more trivial complaint. I'm trying to tighten up a story I wrote and fix the beginning. But I have a timeline issue if I change things around the way I had intended.

And today apparently we're moving stuff because mother wants to have the dining room redecorated. That's her business, but several plants live in the dining room, including my dragon tree and two of the overwintering plants. Mum wants to leave them in the dining room while we're moving stuff around because she wants them in the sitting room as little time as possible. Dad and I both agree they're likely to get damaged if left where they are, so I hopefully have persuaded her that the plants move first, but I won't guarantee it because she was still talking about moving the stuff before the plants after dinner last night despite our conversation. She was trying to act like she cared about the wellbeing of the plants (they won't get so much sun there!) but really she just doesn't want them in her front room. There isn't anywhere else for them to go, and she's the one obsessing about redecorating :/ The plants are living things, her books aren't. It's a nobrainer which should come first.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2023, 04:59:28 AM »
Since my dad has been in the hospital he hasn't been able to write a check for me. My rent is due tomorrow. My mom said I can use her card to pay it online. As far as I know that's an option, they charge a fee because of course they do. When the office opens I'm going to call and get the info to pay it online. The other option is to take Uber to the house, write the checks myself and put them in the bank. That would cost about 30 bucks without tip, which I don't have, so I'd have to use my mom's card there too.

I'm feeling very anxious.

edit: That's done. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be :P The lady in the office that I didn't like retired this year and the new person is nice. This was my second time dealing with her.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 06:22:24 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2023, 08:08:28 AM »
We have zero snow and are behind on snowfall we need it as much as people hate it how do you think we keep the water tables stable. rain will just run off after a certain point, snow will soak in and it is good for spring planting to have prior snow pack.

:enraged:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2023, 10:15:49 AM »
Recycling old electronics is a pain in the backside where I am; the local dump will not allow you to walk in on foot and I don't drive, and I feel stupid taking it to an electronics store to be recycled! Same with Brita filters!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2023, 11:34:57 AM »
Took a nap, woke up with a headache, neckache and backache -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline madds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 10, 2023, 04:25:58 PM »
After years of putting in effort sustaining a friendship, even when said friend was rather unkind, they have once again become distant and cold towards me. I may have to end things once and for all  :(

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2023, 02:32:09 AM »
On a news programme, there was this interview with a young couple where the girl was terminally ill with cancer, and when they found out she was not gonna make it, the boyfriend proposed and they got married within a month which I thought was so brave and sweet. My husband watched this, turned to me and said: "good for him, now he's getting all her money when she dies". My very warm, loving, friendly, goodhearted husband turned to one of the biggest a******s I've ever encountered and I just stared at him. Didn't know what to say to this inconsiderate b******t. I'm so mad!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2023, 11:00:28 AM »
On a news programme, there was this interview with a young couple where the girl was terminally ill with cancer, and when they found out she was not gonna make it, the boyfriend proposed and they got married within a month which I thought was so brave and sweet. My husband watched this, turned to me and said: "good for him, now he's getting all her money when she dies". My very warm, loving, friendly, goodhearted husband turned to one of the biggest a******s I've ever encountered and I just stared at him. Didn't know what to say to this inconsiderate b******t. I'm so mad!

Just point out he'll also be responsible for all her debt and medical bills so there probably won't be much left after that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal