collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 102945 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2023, 10:21:55 AM »
Saturday night one of the games on my tablet quit working.  Since the game data is stored in a cloud sometimes you can delete the game, redownload it, log back in to your account and all of your game data is still there. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to redownload it and never could get it to work. I know it's just a game, but I've spent a lot of time on it and it's not something that I want to restart from the beginning.  I'm trying to download it again today.
Ponyfan

Is it possible that your tablet is old enough that the game is no longer supported on it?  That happened with my Kindle Fire a while back.  I had games that got deleted and when I tried to redownload them from the cloud, it wouldn't because they'd moved on to an upgraded version and my Kindle wasn't the upgraded one.

My trivial complaint is weather related headaches.  This is part of why I hate the snow.  I always end up with headaches whenever it snows.  It doesn't do it when it rains, just with the snow.   :cold:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2023, 11:56:58 AM »
I'm sorry you're under so much stress, Ponyfan :( :hug:

For the last hour or so, a big team of different landscaping vehicles and equipment have been making so much noise off the main road. Whatever they are doing right now is literally shaking the building. Sounds like a jackhammer? But it must be a giant one and not handheld. They also keep backing up the equipment so it's been BEEP BEEP BEEP for an hour. The building shaking is really freaking me out though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2023, 12:02:52 PM »
i'm having a hard time focusing on work today.

also some fighter jets were circling and flying over the house every 10 minutes or so this morning. i think it's for the governor inauguration today. when I was outside with Luna they were pretty loud and she was scared :( it's a little unsettling to see military activity and not know what's going on. but we do have a few bases not too far away so it's not all that unusual.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 01:42:18 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »
Same here. I'm out of my ADHD medicine and am bouncing from project to project and in the midst getting nothing accomplished.

My sleep schedule is all messed up. I go to bed and get up early. I'm in bed by 6 and wake up at 7. I've always needed more sleep but I think I'm sleeping too much. I've been trying to stay up until 11 but it's really hard.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2023, 02:34:41 PM »
I over-melted a perler bead design.  Whoops.  Now I have a flat Navi from Zelda...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2023, 04:38:49 PM »
i worry that the infection i have on my leg is going to be something terrible and serious ... i emailed our clinic but in the meantime, every twinge or wiggle or anything makes me all paranoid of all the worst options.  i have been trying to cover it and keep it clean after, when I scratched it in my sleep or fell over a cat basket or something... anyway it finally has really started to bug me and it's not getting better so I need them to help with ... something.   yay paranoia!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2023, 05:34:19 PM »
^ I know this is going to sound weird, but try putting Vick's Vaporub on it. I have HS (a horrible skin disease) and I'm always breaking out in wounds. One of the tricks in the community of HS sufferers is Vick's. I put it right on my open wounds at night. The next day they are always better.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2023, 06:46:20 PM »
My uncle is still in the hospital, isolated in his own single room. Fortunately, he enjoys being alone and has a television there.  :ohyeah:
He called my mom on Tuesday. He is still on supplemental oxygen. There is still no information about getting home. His son goes there almost every day to see him (In protective clothing and face masks, of course).
Having smoked cigarettes all his life, the uncle really misses a cigarette, but now he can't get a cigarette at all. In my opinion, better so...  :rolleyes:
Uncle hopes and asked on the phone that my mother and my brother would go see him in the hospital one day soon because it might be the last chance they meet.  :(
:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2023, 07:26:13 AM »
HoM :hug: :hug: i'm sorry about your uncle.

I'm having one of those days where i'm just in a bad mood and everything is annoying. all of the planning and reporting stuff at work is annoying. we do so much planning yet no one ever knows what's going on. it's just planning for planning's sake. and we can't do the work we want to because reasons. sometimes i understand it but sometimes we can't plan work even though we have the time because another team we depend on is stretched too thin. we could at least do our side of the work. i hate all of the "this is going to make the reporting look bad" so we can't fix this issue and make our customer experience better nonsense. please just let us make things better.

also some people are so anxious lately. it's making everyone else anxious. whatever the economy is going is pretty out of our control and making everyone on edge doesn't help anything.

i think i need to start another side project. i need to work alone on something.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 07:29:57 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #369 on: January 18, 2023, 12:09:02 PM »
HoM, I'm so sorry :( :hug:

The neighbor is outside smoking weed and it's wafting into my apartment. Ugh, take your skunk herb elsewhere!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2023, 01:58:41 PM »
HOM hugs xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Something was missing from one of my packages & I've messaged about it. If I don't get a reply soon I'll have to use official channels... I prefer to message the person as who knows what's happening in their lives right??? But please, if you sell stuff, at least check your emails every weekday & reply to buyers.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #371 on: January 19, 2023, 03:59:37 AM »
I found out yesterday that I might be out of a job by the end of January.

EDIT! And why does every place hiring want you to make a video presentation and/or a video interview to answer prerecorded questions in the application? Like, It's my day off, I'm sitting here in my PJs! Why do I have to get fancy dressed and dolled up just for an application? :mad:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #372 on: January 19, 2023, 10:07:29 AM »
That really sucks, Beldarna :( And yes, I agree with the video interviews. I take surveys to earn extra money and sometimes at the very end they want you to record a short video. So annoying!

My tooth is killing me, it's making my ear hurt even. This is the same one I wanted to have fixed but my mom said to have it pulled out instead and she was paying, so... I gave her check back because I don't want it pulled unless the dentist says it should be :huh:

Also the trucks are back so the BEEPs have returned. They're also dropping some super heavy sounding metal... pipes? Don't know, I can't see. But I sure can HEAR IT.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 19, 2023, 12:22:08 PM »
We have a new system at work which means we had to figure out how to print item labels on ancient label printers.  The printers are about 20 years old, so the new software doesn't always communicate nicely with them.  Our IT person figured out a way to get things to print that takes about 47 steps.  I think I'll copy and paste the information from the PDF into a Corel template I made.  It's faster.  Which is sad.  Oh, and if we weren't too cheap to pay for an adobe license, we could just manipulate the information and print from the PDF file.  So...yeah.  Extra work is cheaper, right?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 19, 2023, 04:59:42 PM »
my doctor gave me some deliciously strong antibiotics that I have to take 4x a day!!!
well, i don't think deliciously is the right word but I have clearly taken them, because I can't think of the right word!  ha.  ;)  at least they didn't want to call an ambulance for me like they did for one of the other patients :(

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal