collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 558
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: ANOTHER Doll ID! This Time - 50's (?) Fashion Doll with No Marks  (Read 2685 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ANOTHER Doll ID! This Time - 50's (?) Fashion Doll with No Marks
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »
MiRaja!!!!!

YOU DID IT!!!!!

*happy dance*

$20 back in the day?  Woah.

The earrings are difficult to remove.  They're bent behind the teeny tiny earlobes and then pushed inside of the head :blink:.  They have oxidized, but there's little damage to the vinyl (if it even is damage, just some greenish dust that may wipe off).

I can't wait to learn more about her!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 11:49:55 PM »
I can get you scans from my American Character book and some more information come Sunday.  Most of my doll reference books are shared between myself and my mother.  They're extremely expensive, and she does more doll selling than I do these days, so I leave them with her. 

I also see if I can verify whether she is Toni or SSSophisticate, though I'm fairly sure they're the same mold. 

Oh goodness, those are the worst of the earrings.  X_X  I hate those kind for that exact reason! 

This doll does have an amazing warddrobe though, the American Character company really produced some beautiful doll fashion, I can also keep an eye out for some original dresses for her if you'd like?  I'll also root around in my 'stash' and see if I have any 14inch size fashion shoes.  I may, I may not, but if you can get me a measurement of her foot, I'll see. 

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 12:01:30 AM »
That would be amazing!  No pressure, though.  I don't want to put you out :)

I would love a pair of shoes.  I've been searching eBay, but I haven't seen any that look right.  Well, "right" for her outfit/my idea of what her personality should be.  From heel to big toe (on a diagonal since her foot is arched) it seems that her foot is 1 3/4" long.

I am so glad you found my thread!  Yay!

Ooooh, do you (or anyone) have tips on styling her hair.  She's retained her original style, but there are some strands that fell out of the original curl.  I'm afraid that I'll mess her up if I attempt to brush it :x

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 12:52:20 AM »
The saran hair is best not to brush.  It'll go bushy.  The best thing to do with her hair is lightly wet it and try to get it worked back into the original set with your fingers.  Then you can take a hair net on her to keep it nice.  No need to buy fancy doll sized ones, just knot a human size one off to fit, then trim. 

As a note, these fashion dolls generally have saran hair like mlp, just not as smooth.  That said, it boil perms like mlp hair so if you have one that doesn't have nice hair, curlers and some dunking in boiling water will fix that just like pony.

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 08:18:22 PM »
Okay, I have the book in hand, now just to find some time to take pictures!  I am pretty sure yours is specifically Toni.  My book says the only difference is make up between Sue Sophisticate and Toni, but the book isn't always right. 

However, it did note that the black, dark-brunette doll IS a rarity!  So congratz on that find of yours! 

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »
Okay, I have the book in hand, now just to find some time to take pictures!  I am pretty sure yours is specifically Toni.  My book says the only difference is make up between Sue Sophisticate and Toni, but the book isn't always right. 

However, it did note that the black, dark-brunette doll IS a rarity!  So congratz on that find of yours! 

Oooooh! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal