collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Super-Fantastic-Pony-Christmas!!  (Read 489 times)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Super-Fantastic-Pony-Christmas!!
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:35:50 PM »
So, mostly I've been scrounging evilBay and I got these beauties in the mail on Saturday from my usual mail lady :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely and wonderful because I got all of them for reasonable prices.  ^.^

Now for the wordiness!  :P

I learned on Thursday that here in Knoxville there is an almost monthly flea market so I decided to take Eldest on Saturday after the post comes in (we're on the front end of a route) and make an afternoon of it, just the two of us. Maybe we'll find ponies, she said. Never!, I responded. We go around and look for presents she wants to get and find one for her stepdad. We buy it even though the guys at the stand are very condescending (we found a MiP model kit for a corvette) and move around the outside of the booth which is on a corner and as I'm looking back at the front of it I see a SS Surprise with a basket of ponies in baggies behind her! :squee: Eldest points ponies! as I'm zeroing in on them and a previously unseen lady comes by to say that the list prices are negotiable as she has had to laboriously find names and prices on "the internet".  :P  I decide that after we find the last two items on Eldest's shopping list we'll come back to buy ponies (look at me, Adulting  ;) ) and set off again.

When we get back, the lady comes round again and starts on her spiel but stops mid sentence to exclaim "you came back!"  :biggrin:  I purchase Sherbet as I'm on a dessert pony kick currently, which she marked down from $10 to $6. I'm grateful so I pull out the repro-Butterscotch she has and explain that I'm a collector and that this isn't the Original Butterscotch and how I could tell the difference. She then says that she has more that she hasn't been able to identify and asked me to come back again on Sunday to tell her, if I can. I agree and we leave, happy and ponied up.

Today I get back with Middle and Youngest in tow to go through what she has. I then set to it whilst Eldest and Middle wander off together to shop. Youngest managed to buy some things while helping me (and for once she truly was a help. far more than any 5yo reasonably could be expected to be) and I explain the physical differences in the generations as we're going through and labeling on baggies for her to price later. I end up taking about a third of the fakies she has and two more G1s for $15 and two website references in case she gets more ponies after naming all of the ones she had there and such. :biggrin:

My fleamarket haul :

Not bad if I do say so.  :lol:  And the winged fakie has an indent where a Hasbro pony would have a tail and evidence of a pathetic rooted tail to the right of that. I am inordinately happy about finding this fakie and am likely to be reached only on Cloud 9 for the next week or so.  :heart: :heart: :flirty: :heart: :heart:

Thanks for looking!
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Super-Fantastic-Pony-Christmas!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
Nice! It sounds like y'all both helped each other out. :biggrin: Congrats on your haul! The little fakie looks like Firely with brown hair, so cute! XD

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:21 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
I really love the Sunshine Ponies! Congrats! Seaflower is my favorite from that set, but I haven't found her yet for my own collection, lol so I'm pretty jealous of her!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 12:56:34 AM »
How exciting to come across so many G1s in the wild!  It sounds like they lady was very nice giving you such good prices too.  Congrats (and that fakie is ultra cute, btw :) )

Niwalime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »
That's such a nice story! :) Congrats on all of your new ponies, they're lovely :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:08:08 AM »
Congrats on all your lovely new additions.  That orange fakie is interesting :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal