collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer's remorse!  (Read 7442 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Buyer's remorse!
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Last night I bought two things on Ebay. And I feel so guilty. Now they were only $6.00 and $12.00 with shipping, respectively, and I have wanted both of them. But I couldn't help feel guilty like that $18.00 could've put gas in my car instead of buying small plastic toys. I'm bringing my lunch every day this week, so I can't feel too guilty!

What's the most you've paid for a pony and felt guilty?
What's the most you've paid period?
Smallest amount?
Have you ever had buyer's remorse? If so for what and how much was it?

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Buyer's remorse!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
Honestly no, because I'm 23 having to support 2 other people who didnt want to work, my mom just got a job but because of issues hasnt started yet. So it's all still on me. My mother made it clear once I was here to support them now since she did it for nearly 20 years, if I didnt like it to get out. Which is funny because its my father's house and property.. So anyways I dont ever regret when I buy ponies, I think about everything I've sacrificed for them and how theyve treated me. Basically it came down to me being happy, and buying ponies makes me happy.
The most I've spent or going to be spending is... $250 on a custom pony which is in the works. Whcih I'm cool with :) I've spend more on my breeding stock of rabbits.
The smallest is $5 and that was a pony thats a custom in the works :)
Now here comes the next part, how much does gas cost for your? $18 here in Cali would only buy me like 5 gals. If you make tips like I do then its no big deal, and yu shouldnt feel bad for giving yourself a little treat :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
I don't have a whole lot of extra money so the most I've ever spent is $15 on a beautiful Bangles. I also bought Blueberry Baskets and TAF Milky way for $15 each (they were in beautiful condition) but I was scammed and never received the ponies. So I regret that very much :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
*hugs* I'm sorry you got scammed Shenanigans.

As for buyers remorse I think most of us have had it at one point or another in some form. My biggest problem is I like to buy in lots. I just spent some money on a g1 baby lot and I have no real idea as to who is even in it so that will be a surprise. I say treat yourself! $18 not the end of the world but if those ponies will give you at least one moment of happiness than it's all worth it.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »
I had a decent sized windfall a ways back and bought my mint Greek Ladybird with half of her egg for $600. There are times it made me feel ill spending that much on a plastic toy, but then I saw one in worse shape and no egg go for more than $600 on ebay and I didn't feel as bad, and a friend told me that she would have paid $800 for one like mine ;) Plus I'd probably never have the chance to own her again and she was easily one of my top absolutely most-wanted grails (and OMG that Greek vanilla scent!!! :drunk: ) I no longer have any regrets about her at all :lovey: She was my very first Greek too~

After Ladybird is my Lambaditsa, who I think I spent~$400-450ish on + some ponies in trade. I don't regret her at all either, she's really grown on me and I like her more now than I did when I bought her :silly:

Next runner up I think is my Rapunzel with her ribbon and accessories at $400. I was so iffy on this, but apparently I did ok (she price checked complete with her stuff for $600 at the time I got her).

I'm not sure what the cheapest pony I bought was, there are several lots I've made money on, but as for single pony buys I got a G1 Blossom for $0.35. :awake:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
I often regret spending money on things that aren't ponies.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:59:32 PM »
Honestly no, because I'm 23 having to support 2 other people who didnt want to work, my mom just got a job but because of issues hasnt started yet. So it's all still on me. My mother made it clear once I was here to support them now since she did it for nearly 20 years, if I didnt like it to get out. Which is funny because its my father's house and property.. So anyways I dont ever regret when I buy ponies, I think about everything I've sacrificed for them and how theyve treated me. Basically it came down to me being happy, and buying ponies makes me happy.
The most I've spent or going to be spending is... $250 on a custom pony which is in the works. Whcih I'm cool with :) I've spend more on my breeding stock of rabbits.
The smallest is $5 and that was a pony thats a custom in the works :)
Now here comes the next part, how much does gas cost for your? $18 here in Cali would only buy me like 5 gals. If you make tips like I do then its no big deal, and yu shouldnt feel bad for giving yourself a little treat :)

I don't understand why some parents think they can hold raising a child over the child's head when they get older.  Having kids was their own choice and responsibility.  It's pretty normal for adult childen to care for aged parents, but that doesn't usually happen until later, when the parents are very old and the kids are quite mature and hopefully well-established.  At 23, a young adult has to worry about her own career and household, and maybe her new family if she's getting married.  It sounds like you're still living at home, which is fine, especially considering the economy (my parents are still helping me with rent too).  But it sounds like your mom has no means to support herself (except the house, which actually belongs to your dad) and living off your income for now.  So she's afraid you'll cut her off, and she's threatening you out of fear, but it's a bluff, and she's afraid you'll move out and take your money with you.  I think it's fair for lots of parents to ask for some rent from their older kids if they still live together; that's pretty common too.  But it's too bad your mom feels so insecure that she threatens you about it, and she should remember the old saying that you get more from honey than you do from vinegar.  Hopefully she'll be able to start work soon, and then the tensions will ease up.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Sadly, no I never feel guilty.  If I want it I buy it.  Life is to short to not be surrounded by lots and lots of toys!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
I haven't bought any expensive ponies. My collection is still rather small! But, I am an impulse buyer and I know it's going to happen one day.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
I don't think I've ever really had buyer's remorse over pony stuff, but the most expensive purchase I've made so far was a lot of 63 G1s for $205.66 shipped.

Monster High stuff though... I feel guilty having like 50 dolls for about $20 a pop.

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »
I feel kind of guilty if I spend over like $10 for one pony alone to be honest. I'm currently unemployed so I always think of other things I could be buying instead of ponies, like food lol It's never been that bad though and I'm always happy with the pony so it's sort of just something I try to ignore  :lol:

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
never really had buyers remorse , i am such a tightwad that i do not spend more the .50cents or a dollar on most ponies so i do not think i have over spent yet:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
Well I feel guilty every time I buy anything that isn't a must need.  That doesn't stop me though. I wish it did. I really need to stop buying ponies all together for a long time and just enjoy what I have. I am in the process of trying to do that now.  I am pretty happy with my collection.  I think the most I have spent was on a foreign pony...45.00.  That was a lot for me and it was a bit of an accident because I forgot about the USA dollar verses the other country and went over my spending limit with my original bid...I would never have spent that had I been thinking straight.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
Only thing I ever regret was not trying to haggle a price a tiny bit lower on a pony that I still feel I overpaid for a bit. Ah well, I still like her. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
I'm supposed to be saving, but every time I get a little saved up a pony high on my want list pops up. :/
I need to make my bf take my credit cards away. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal