collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer's remorse!  (Read 7469 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer's remorse!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 03:05:55 AM »
I have to agree with Zzzova! I don't drink, smoke or wear expensive make up. So what if I want to spend some of my hard-earned cash on toys? Sure there is the odd thing I might have overspent on due to being impatient (like SS Frankie), but as long as I pay my bills on time and keep some $$ for a rainy day, I don't really see the problem. So no, I don't really feel guilty.

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 03:15:07 AM »
My biggest remorse is probably buying a lot of ponies because there was a NBBE Baby Gusty in it. Most of them had severe hair cuts and it looked like Baby Gusty had a cut tail but I bid anyway and won. Baby Gusty did in fact have a cut tail but it's not that bad, it reaches "the floor". The rest of the pony is quite good apart from a faint pen mark on the face, NDS.

I don't know what to do with the rest of the lot. I don't want them to become baits but I think the two Sundances are risking it. Two of the ponies were also wearing parts of outfits that I don't want. I opened up the babies a couple of days ago and they had both mould an tail rust. Yuck. I can't get the head off some of the ponies but I want to, if all of them have mould then Baby Gusty probably do to. :huh:  I wish I'd just bought a single Baby Gusty and saved me some trouble. I paid about $48 including domestic shipping for them. I know one thing, I'm not buying ponies in lots again!

Edit: In general I usually get a bit of buyer's remorse. I try not to buy too many ponies and just ponies I want, however I have some I hadn't planned on getting. I don't want the ponies to take over just get some I think are pretty.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:57:21 AM by balletpot »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »
Lol...I hate these threads cause they make me think about all the money I have spent on ponies! Although they are all worth it of course...

I have probably spent more on accessories and merch than on most of my ponies if I am honest - yes there are the standard Sweet Scoops, Punzie that costs plenty of $ as well as a stack of nirvanas who I really need to sell on to new homes which likewise cost a pretty penny...but when I compare those to what I have spent adding some illusive accessories and HB catalogs [which are an obsession] then I maybe feel a little like hiding under a rock...not guilty just questioning of my own sanity sometimes lol!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 06:30:33 AM »
i paid $100 for the wedding castle and felt pretty sick after i spent the money

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »
Cheapest pony was probably $3-4 on a G3, most expensive would have been maybe $7-8 for a G1
I often feel guilty about buying ponies, really... even if it's such a small amount of money, I feel that it could be going towards other things...

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
I am agreeing with quite a lot of people here, I don't smoke or drink although I do invest in expensive makeup- not chanel and things, but Mac, MAx Factor etc.... I manage to get mine from people who get it cheap where they work and sell it on to me, so I can get hold of pretty expensive stuff for peanuts, I am 17 and currently don't have a job, so buying ponies has regretfully become impossible! I tend to trade now, I think when you are short of cash and realise you have a thousand odd rareish ponies that you need to move quickly and get space in exchange for on super incredible beauty- trading is the way tog :)
XXX

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »
I never feel guilty, or at least the guilt doesn't last longer than it takes to get whatever it is I bought.  :)

I think the most I've ever spent is still Rapunzel, then Spain Milky Way, then probably Sweet Scoops and her charm (separately). 

And I guess the smallest amount is all the time I've gotten free ponies.  Can't beat free!

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
I'm a fairly new collector and as such, haven't had the opportunity to pay a ton of money on ponies yet. I'm very frugal with my pony spending as well. I promised myself that I would never go over $10 for a single pony. So far, I've only broken that rule once. For a gorgeous UK girl in amazing condition. She was $24 and I still don't regret it. Every time I look at her, I fall in love again.

Even at that price, that's nothing compared to my other collecting hobby: Transformers. I easily pay over 15 or more for just one toy. Some of the major collection items I've seen go up over 1,000.00. The most I've paid for one toy is 150.00(I will NEVER regret this purchase) And I have a good handful that were in the 40-80 range. So buying a pony for $20 isn't so huge I'll loose sleep over it.

I think the buyer's remorse comes not with how much you spend, but how much you like the thing you buy. I have a few ponies I bought because I thought I really wanted them at the time. Even though I got them for a fair price, I just look at them like "Why did I want these so bad? I could have spent the money on something else."

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »
If I buy anything non essential - be it a snack, a pony or clothes - I feel guilty over it at some point!

Mostly that's because I'm buying these things instead of paying off debt (no missed payments or anything) so I think it's right that I feel bad. Unfortunately, I have always forgotten the bad feelings by the time the next splurge rolls around so I do it all over again!

Generally though once the money has left my account I'm OK with it. And I'd never cancel a purchase because I wish I hadn't spent the money. :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 02:21:45 PM »
My biggest buyers remorse is buying ponies without a plan. -- ;3 Of course, at first I bought a bunch of ponies, cuz I'm like "OMG PONIES YAY!".

I am an impulse buyer, and little ponies sure are cute. But I'm a minimalist, and I don't think 100 ponies are cute.

So I planned out my pony strategy, slimmed down my herd. I only add ponies that 1) are on my list of to buy (which is now about 4--- 2 childhood replacements, and 2 nirvanas), 2) I find second hand in person, and I /really/ like it 3) gifts. *^_^*

I have had no problem shelling out tons of money for a single pony. And I have money stored away for expensive purchases. As long as everything is planned out in advanced, I'm all good, and prepared.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:24:44 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
I totally understand.  I felt guilty for ebaying for awhile... I found out how awesome ebay was, then I'd bid, and feel guilty for bidding and hope someone would outbid me (I always just did the 50cent increment, so that usually wasn't hard).  I always went through on my payments, and never regretted it when it arrived in the mail, but always feel guilty with ebay... so I haven't been doing much ebaying lately (except for a good buy it now).

I feel guilty every so often looking at my collection... I have so many toys, they aren't played with every day, I don't know the names of half of them... and I feel guilty because maybe I should have used that money for something else in the house/yard/for the kids, etc.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »
The good thing about collectables is that you can always sell them if you do need the money some day.

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »
I have had a bit of temporary buyers remorse with a few recent pony purchases. I spent $60 just buying sunburst from Templeflower and that is the most I've ever spent on a pony, or any ponies. Short of winning a ton of money I don't think I'll every spend so much again on a single pony. But he's so handsome in person that I don't feel guilty about  charging him.

I've been using my credit card to buy ponies for way more money than I would normally ever spend, it's mostly ebays fault , I swear >.>  But I figure, I haven't charged anything  fun for myself for years and I'm not spending a huge amount of money so I tell myself it's ok...

I'm so cheap with everything else in my life that  I get over any ebay remorse fairly quickly when it comes to ponies, because I love ponies.

the smallest amount  for a pony would be .25 back in the day when I used to find them at the thirft store more often.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »
What's the most you've paid for a pony and felt guilty? - I can't remember, I've felt guilty a few times but I can't remember which ones and it never lasts that long :P
What's the most you've paid period? $1250 - small amount of worry regarding that one but not guilt
Smallest amount? £0.10 (car boot sale find)
Have you ever had buyer's remorse? If so for what and how much was it? The thing I remember most was a plastic battery operated dancing flower that I bought when I was about 14! lol! It was £10 and I'd spent most of my cash on it so wished I hadn't done it :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal