collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WOLFIECHICK's AUTHENTIC REVERSE GUSTY found in 1997 in the UK!  (Read 11733 times)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: WOLFIECHICK's AUTHENTIC REVERSE GUSTY found in 1997 in the UK!
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »
The green stripe of my reverse gusty is definately slightly darker. I Have compared them in all lights and side by side. Babydoll also says hers has a darker green stripe too. I cant see very well the symbols on yours either to see if the symbols are the same as our gustys.  Check for the following features in broad daylight.

THE REVERSE GUSTY CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Has slightly darker green stripe in mane
2. Has pointed and curved leaves in symbols of a silvery purple color.
    Symbols have a more detailed and delicate appearance than the regular or Scandi releases.
3. Has factory woven head and small tail washer
4. Has slightly more shinny silky cherry red hair with a heavy pink overtone
5. Has a lighter color for her thick eyebrows and a black color for her eye lashes

I also took a picture of her eye in direct daylight as opposed to flourescent light. It looks like babydoll is right. Her eyebrow is a lighter color than her lashes. Does yours have the same feature? Check all of the above characteristics in broad daylight. It is not super easy to notice some of them but once you know what to look for it becomes pretty obvious what the differences are.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is another photo. Real rev gusty is on the left and fake gusty is on the right.  The stripe is slightly darker. Try comparing the stripe on yours in daylight.

I also got curious about the red in her mane and tail. Something is bringing the green stripe to an even darker hue. Albers color theory teaches about putting color on other colors to change the hue. If the two gustys red had the same hue then the two stripes wouldnt appear so different since when side by side one of green stripes look only slightly darker. I noticed that the real reverse gustys red hair has a great deal of a pink overtone in it. And its a more saturated cherry red than the fake gusty. The differences are small but noticable to me anyways. Real is on the left and fake is on the right.

Real on the top and fake on the bottom.

Kelly - I too thought perhaps the green looked dark due to contrast with the brightness of the red, but there really is a difference as can be seen in the pictures :)

Ember1 - the texture of the hair looks different as well as the colour.

I'm going to have a look for a thread that I remember from a while back on the hair colour of Scandinavian Hopsotch as I believe her hair colour is slightly different to her regular release.

Love pkw xxx
Yes PWK.. The fake gustys hair is a flat color and its more voluminous.. The real reverse gusty is silky smooth and has a lot of dimension and pink overtone to her hair..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:51:57 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2016, 01:43:46 PM »
Yes, matte or flat is the way I see it as well :)

I've still not found that thread yet about the hair >_<

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »
Im excited to read it when you find it PKW
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »
Kelly the green shade is so subtle iv had mine since 2008 and didnt even notice it until ember1 pointed it out!

I took this pic in direct sunlight, you can just about see her streak is slightly a shade darker (it shows better in my lightbox):

The last comparison pic i took was in my light box so if you have a light box take a pic of her in that as it will pick up the shade difference! P.S The weave and washer in yours looks extremely neat & similar :bigups:

Babydoll~

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2016, 02:05:20 PM »
Im excited to read it when you find it PKW

I can only find a mention here...

http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=313332.0

The discussion I had must have been via PM with Cat. I do recall side by side pictures and the hair looking a different texture/colour on each pony. I think the mane was also a different length, shorter on the Scandinavian release.

The part rehair didn't go ahead due to the colour difference.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2016, 02:08:08 PM »
And the the brown eyeliner can be missed at first glance. It wasn't until babydoll pointed it out that I had to go back and think about different lighting to see what is there.originally I thought mine had black eyeliner until i brought her outside in the daylight.. You can very easily miss the differences if your not looking for them. The most obvious difference is her symbols.. That distinguishes her from any other gusty. Since the symbols on your gusty are smeared or faded, I would do the eyebrow color check in the daylight. Then you can also do the stripe comparison as well :) Since we know there were good customizers out there with the mane rehairing that alone would not be enough for me to be convinced. See if she has the brown eyebrows and the darker shade green stripe :) Fingers crossed for you :) It looks good so far. Plus I lean towards thinking yours is real because she was around at a very early time period too :) SO I give her extra points for that. The one symbol I can see looks curved and pointed so thats good news too. Just check the eyeliner for us would you?

PKW.. I think you stumbled onto something.. Hathorcat says in that post

"Yes there is a Scandinavian version too...however her only real difference is her eyeliner being brown rather than black - as PKW says its a super minor variation though."

So scandinavian hopscotch has brown eyeliner too?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:28:44 PM by Ember1 »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2016, 02:23:02 PM »
She's gorgeous!!

(I'm pretty sure I've beheaded my cherry treats. I just don't know if I kept the washer... Might get you some pics soon.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »
Wow, this thread is really interesting! These RG look amazing!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
I'm really learning a lot with this thread, and getting a lot of eye candy :lovey:

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
Real and fake! I'm in looooove with your reverse Gusty! She's amazing and Gusty is one of my favorite unicorns period! I just wanna brush her hair or something wow!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2016, 10:09:26 PM »
Hmm, those differences are sooo subtle!  Well, I guess I need to look again and take more pics.  I'm afraid it's going to have to wait until the weekend, though.  I don't really have time to do it during the week.  Thanks for the replies!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
This discussion is fascinating and I am also learning a lot. Your ponies are all beautiful and the Canadian in me really feels she needs one all of a sudden :)
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »
If anyone is interested in the fake one I will be selling her. Send me a pm if your interested SpookyTrees :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
Does reverse Gusty's red match up with regular Gusty's red stripe, or is it a different color?  And has anyone done a comparison with Cherry Treat's tail?  If someone was making a fake they might take the hair from a Cherry Treat.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »
Hi Lady Moondancer.

My suspicion is that the fake RG was made with the tail and washer of cherry treats. I don't have a cherry treats in my collection but it would be an interesting thing to look into. I will have to check the red of the real reverse gusty and compare it to the red of gusty's stripe. Good thought!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:57:13 PM by Ember1 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal