collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mail Tampered With, MOC Stolen, Need So Much Advice!  (Read 3010 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Mail Tampered With, MOC Stolen, Need So Much Advice!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 05:33:47 AM »
Just make sure that the addressee doesn't destroy the box/packaging/contents as that will likely need to be presented at her local PO as part of the insurance claim/investigation.     

Definitely!!  Chances are, your buyer may have to surrender the MOC ponies along with the packaging materials to get the full insured amount.   Explain to your buyer that a refund shouldn't be given until you've gotten everything sorted out with insurance.  Obviously, trying to find out what happened is more important than immediately filing a claim. Hopefully your buyer understands this. Still, make sure you get with the post office to find out how much time you have to file a claim.     

This is crazy!  I hope you get some answers, whatever they are!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 06:13:42 AM »
Thunder's boxes are REALLY hard to crush.  Dad had a bunch of them and I could stand on top and nothing happened.  Just sayin'...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
that is.....insane. Just, why?!!
Regarding insurance claims: when I bought my paradise estate, it was insured for the full amount. the idiot PO carrier left the box out in the rain and it got water damage. I was able to file a claim online with my photos as proof and got my full insurance amount back, and they didn't take my PE or contact me. just mailed a check.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »
I did some searching on the USPS requirements of their acceptable packaging.

"Mailers must package mailpieces to withstand normal transit and handling without breakage or deterioration of content, package breakage, injury to USPS employees, or damage to other mail." From Here

I think perhaps the styrofoam not qualifying as something that can withstand breakage (as styrofoam doesn't take much to crack/split) may be the reason for the customs opening. USPS looks to be picky with three guidelines..but I personally don't why they'd do it do...shady-like.

However, I can't speak for why it was tampered with without official declaration. I would continue to try getting some answers before moving ahead with a refund for the time being.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:10:42 AM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »
This is such an awful thing to happen for both you and your buyer. I hope the post office can help you resolve things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
say whooot :O This is very weird. After reading all the comments I'm still confused. If customs opens the package they sure should put that colored (which ever color it is) tape that says that custom has opened it. And to replace styrofoam to ordinary box... Also weird. Only reason I could think is that they didn't like the material (but you said you have used that styrofoam years then I said there was change in rules or some picky custom handler that didn't like it). I kinda lean towards stealing (hope not!). That's the only explanation that makes sense even a little..

Best of luck finding what has happened. I keep my fingers crossed for you and the buyer!

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
That's absolutely terrible. Hopefully the post office can shed some light.

Although its more likely to be a Customs thing mail handlers are capable of stealing, they are only human. I know we have had a couple of posties stealing mail and obviously no one is any wiser unless people report it!! The last two cases had been going on for over a year because people just didn't think to ask questions. They only found the last guy because his parents found all this undelivered mail in his room and reported him to his employer who then contacted Police.

I ALWAYS take pictures of my parcels before shipping now so if there are any issues I have some evidence to back it up, sounds like you do too so that's good as is the fact that its insured.

Gosh let us know how it goes

Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »
My word....
I have used these Styrofoam boxes before myself! within the US no less. They are not weak. I can stand on them. The BF uses them as throwing knife practice even. They don't budge.

I hope you can figure this out. If anything, you have a case against the PO for TAMPERING. It doesn't matter if they opened for inspection, for all you know, since there was NO OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION, they were outright stealing. Do not let this slide!

Best of wishes for you (and your buyer-hope they are cooperative and understanding)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal