collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do I do...won auction but no response from seller?  (Read 696 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
What do I do...won auction but no response from seller?
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »
So, I'm ready to pay for an item on ebay, but have asked the seller 3 times now if a different shipping quote is available and I haven't heard back from her.  I am a little perplexed as before I bid on the item the responses were quick and timely.  I really want the pony I won, but am a little nervous to pay if the seller is no longer responding.  It's a pricey auction, so I don't want to lose my money.  But then again, I don't want to miss out on this pony.

Advice please?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
Re: What do I do...won auction but no response from seller?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:25:29 AM »
How much are you looking to get knocked off for shipping? Is the shipping worth the stress? And if you want it get it, Some people put stuff up for sale and go on vacation and cant get back to computer for a little while. If they agree on a lower price they can always refund you some of your money through paypal.  :)
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:27:44 AM »
How long is it since the seller hasn't answered? Is it several days? There is a possibility that they sent something to your email. This happened to me, I asked about shipping and expected a response in the eBay messages, but got one in my email, which I hadn't checked in a couple of days.

I would say wait a bit still, unless the deadline for payment is really close.

I am not very experienced on eBay, but eventiually all the sellers I have contacted have responded. Hopefully this problem clears up soon.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:42:27 AM »
How much are you looking to get knocked off for shipping? Is the shipping worth the stress? And if you want it get it, Some people put stuff up for sale and go on vacation and cant get back to computer for a little while. If they agree on a lower price they can always refund you some of your money through paypal.  :)

Probably not enough to make the stress worthwhile.  =P  Thank you for putting that in perspective.  I'm being a bit frugal because I'm feeling guilty about spending so much on her. 

And Nana-Rena - good tip!  My ebay email is different from my other one so it was due a good lookthrough.  But nope!  Wasn't there.  Thanks for the idea!  <3

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »
I am going to only assume on this but if she has her shipping stated in her listing with no other options then that is probably why she is not answering you. She is probably not willing to ship the item any other way than what is stated. She is not obligated to.  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 06:39:16 AM »
That is true Ponylady, but on the other hand letting the buyer know that other options aren't possible is just polite and costs nothing for the seller. A quick message to answer even if it's a no, clears up the situation and the transaction can proceed.

I also agree that it's not worth the stress. I can also relate to the gilt of buying an expensive item plus expensive shipping. It happens to me a lot too.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
Well, I just recently had to pay 12 GBP for two ponies to be shipped. I had asked a few times for a combined shipping quote, not just a doubled amount. (Haha.) The seller did state that they combined shipping. I gave up, paid and was then informed they would refund the difference. I got the ponies, never got the refund. Oh well.

If it is a pricey pony that you really want, I would probably just pay it, honestly. Good luck with it. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
I have also asked about a different shipping method or combined shipping and seller did not get back to me, so I just paid because I wanted the item and didn't want the seller to get mad because I didn't pay.  So you will get your item, you may pay more for shipping, but maybe it will get there faster lol.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
I am going to only assume on this but if she has her shipping stated in her listing with no other options then that is probably why she is not answering you. She is probably not willing to ship the item any other way than what is stated. She is not obligated to.  :huh:

I agree...  if she was willing to use other shipping methods, she would have listed them.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal