collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what's the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?  (Read 6509 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
I'm going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume it was accidental or with good intentions :D

probably the time I had SS buttons in the bathtub
I was a bathtub pee-er
She got pee on her
It never came out
I have since reformed my bathtub peeing ways
gross!

Offline Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: what's the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »
There is an episode of G1 where the ponies encounter Princess Porcina.  She has their hair cut for a magic cloak and it magically grew back.  It seemed reasonable at the time, but my old Applejack proves real ponies aren't as fortunate- she's missing 1/3 of her forelock.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline vampyrefay

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Is it halloween yet?
    • View Profile
    • Canadian My Little Pony Collectors
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 02:58:17 PM »
I though that pegasus could fly like in the show, I was wrong and star catcher shattered after being in  the snow all day then being throw from a ski lift -.-
My icon is my ponysona Persephone pomegranate

ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Tried to use nail polish remover...on a symbol. I'm not sure what I thought would happen. thankfully I noticed right away so it's only a corner.

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 03:32:21 PM »
I guess mine isn't too bad compared to others, but I just cut my ponies tails to a real life horse length.   :lookround:

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
There is an episode of G1 where the ponies encounter Princess Porcina.  She has their hair cut for a magic cloak and it magically grew back.  It seemed reasonable at the time, but my old Applejack proves real ponies aren't as fortunate- she's missing 1/3 of her forelock.
I KNEW something was gonna say this.Seriously, the way it was done i'm pretty sure it was intentionnal.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 03:37:17 PM »
The worst I did was give Bow Tie a tail cut. It's tapered down the sides. My brother was worse. He was jealous of my Blossom so when I got Bow Tie he got Applejack and somehow managed to pull her tail out then he covered her with stickers. I still have her. She's really grotty. She's sticky where the stickers were and incredibly dirty where they weren't! I caught him playing one time - Applejack was the enemy of his thundercats :P

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 05:09:20 PM »
Well the few ponies I had.. the worse they got was tare... yeah me and a friend found some fresh tare filled in a pothole.. and kind of played with it.. got tare stains on 1 of my G2s...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 05:46:22 PM »
I was pretty good to my ponies, with one exception.  I got the Birthday Party Set for Christmas one year, and Yum Yum was my first ever flutter pony.  She was the star of that year's Christmas - for all of 5 minutes until her wings broke.  After that, Yum Yum and I had issues, and she was treated with a bit less care than the rest of my ponies.

I was in the backyard one day, playing with ponies(including Yum Yum) when I noticed the clothes line.  I had an idea, and made a discovery that day.  I discovered that flutter ponies are particularly well suited to being drawn like an arrow and launched into the air.  They're small and compact, so they fit well on, say, a clothes line. But their legs are also long for their size, so they're easy to grip so you can *really* pull them down and make them fly extra high. 

However, they don't bounce well on concrete.  And clotheslines tend to leave rope burns on ponies.
Poor Yum Yum.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »
I umm just pierced their ears when I was little. I never did anything more damaging that I could remember. I do remember my Morning glory pony had her wings break off from me playing with her alot.

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
....Sometimes I would put in those velcro-sided hair accessories, the ones that Petal Blossom and Ivy's Parlor came with

I know it's probably the most mild example here, but I've always taken good care of my toys so the hair getting tangled was usually the worst thing that happened to them

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »
I've had a pretty good giggle reading some of these  :biggrin:

I think I was pretty kind to my ponies as a kid, though they may have subjected to the odd confusing game.... Shady often had to be the boy in the herd and my Luke Skywalker figurine was a baddie and didn't treat them very nicely once or twice. Good thing Han Solo was there to rescue them...

Physical damage came in the way of silly mistakes as an adult collector. One Mirror Mirror will never forgive me for washing off her perfectly good symbols I'm sure, and my Powder Puff charm still gives me the odd evil look for accidentally smearing the edge of a symbol with nail polish remover...  :blush:

Offline swancrossing18

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 06:58:10 PM »
Princess Primrose was left on a lamp...and became a puddle of pony

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »
I was also pretty good with my toys. I did play with my sea ponies in the bathtub and several of them got moldy and had to be thrown out. In  fact my only surviving childhood sea pony is still around because my mom wouldn't let me put in the bathtub. I think I remember being sad when my flutter Yum Yum's wings broke although I was really careful when I was playing with her.

My grandma bought me Twinkler and she came with free pony lipstick. I used the pony lipstick on Twinkler and she still was lipstick stains on her mouth. I guess it's a good thing she didn't come with hoof polish.  :lol:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: what\'s the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »
One of my ponies got played with in the water a lot and rust-splosion! Eww!

Otherwise I tried to take good care of them. They got groomed and lovingly stored on the bookshelf when I was done playing with them.

Post Merge: July 19, 2016, 07:29:47 PM

I was pretty good to my ponies, with one exception.  I got the Birthday Party Set for Christmas one year, and Yum Yum was my first ever flutter pony.  She was the star of that year's Christmas - for all of 5 minutes until her wings broke.  After that, Yum Yum and I had issues, and she was treated with a bit less care than the rest of my ponies.

I was in the backyard one day, playing with ponies(including Yum Yum) when I noticed the clothes line.  I had an idea, and made a discovery that day.  I discovered that flutter ponies are particularly well suited to being drawn like an arrow and launched into the air.  They're small and compact, so they fit well on, say, a clothes line. But their legs are also long for their size, so they're easy to grip so you can *really* pull them down and make them fly extra high. 

However, they don't bounce well on concrete.  And clotheslines tend to leave rope burns on ponies.
Poor Yum Yum.

Is it wrong that I laughed? :lmao:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:29:47 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal