collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what's the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?  (Read 6530 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: what's the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
I was pretty good to my ponies. I used to take a few of them in the bath tub: Water Lily, Sweet Stuff, Moonstone, and Morning Glory.

I'd hate to see how those ponies look on the inside now.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 07:30:38 PM »
The worst I did was give Bow Tie a tail cut. It's tapered down the sides. My brother was worse. He was jealous of my Blossom so when I got Bow Tie he got Applejack and somehow managed to pull her tail out then he covered her with stickers. I still have her. She's really grotty. She's sticky where the stickers were and incredibly dirty where they weren't! I caught him playing one time - Applejack was the enemy of his thundercats :P

Poor pony. I love that Applejack and the Thunder Cats were mortal enemies.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
Oooh I have another one. I already had Wave Dancer and I was thrilled when my sister gave me Baby Surfy as a birthday gift.

My two favorite things in the whole wide world were MLPs and bubble baths so naturally I spent hours in the tub with my ponies and sea ponies were the best.

But I was sad because Baby Surfy wouldn't float upright in the water like Wave Dancer. I realized Wave Dancer had a weighted tail.

All right! I could do something about this. I had to fix it Right Now. I got out of the tub and I ran outside into the gravel driveway (buck naked) and picked out the perfect size stone. I ran back in and twisted Surfy's head off and lodged the stone down there and smooshed he until it was way down at the bottom of her tail.

Did it work?

No. It did not work.

I wanted to get the stone out but it wouldn't budge. I bit and bit her tail to squeeze it but it wouldn't come out. I kept biting every bath I took.

Her tail is covered in bite marks.
The stone is still in there.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »
Oooh I have another one. I already had Wave Dancer and I was thrilled when my sister gave me Baby Surfy as a birthday gift.

My two favorite things in the whole wide world were MLPs and bubble baths so naturally I spent hours in the tub with my ponies and sea ponies were the best.

But I was sad because Baby Surfy wouldn't float upright in the water like Wave Dancer. I realized Wave Dancer had a weighted tail.

All right! I could do something about this. I had to fix it Right Now. I got out of the tub and I ran outside into the gravel driveway (buck naked) and picked out the perfect size stone. I ran back in and twisted Surfy's head off and lodged the stone down there and smooshed he until it was way down at the bottom of her tail.

Did it work?

No. It did not work.

I wanted to get the stone out but it wouldn't budge. I bit and bit her tail to squeeze it but it wouldn't come out. I kept biting every bath I took.

Her tail is covered in bite marks.
The stone is still in there.

Remember; Sea Ponies are friends, not food.

:silly:

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 09:36:41 PM »
Worst thing I ever did that was unusual was the day my child self decided that my Sleep Tight really wanted to be a different pony so I customized him to be Baby Chugs (Steamer's son) with 80s bright hot pink nail polish. o,O I still cannot believe I did that, and my baby still has traces of the polish on it even though I decided after a week or two that I wanted Sleep Tight back. I've not been able to spa all my childhood collection yet, so hopefully with some work and a lot of elbow grease I might be able to make him look a little better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 12:55:26 AM »
I always took really good care of my toys as a kid. If I hadn't lost my childhood toys in storage then I'm sure they would be total display worthy. However I had a set of ponies that were designated for bath time and I would always play with them in the bath. I believe these bath time ponies were only McDonalds ones though so rest assured  :lol:

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 01:54:39 AM »
I actually put the stickers that came with G3 styling Rainbow Dash on her...it was a pain in the ass to remove the sticker stains later. Plus I braided her mane and tail multiple times and she has a really messy, undetangleable mane.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what\'s the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 01:58:59 AM »
I though that pegasus could fly like in the show, I was wrong and star catcher shattered after being in  the snow all day then being throw from a ski lift -.-

I burst into laughter XD!

Post Merge: July 20, 2016, 02:26:24 AM

I have to confess as well...

I had Salty when I was little and Dutch Star Pony (still have her). However, for some reason my Salty had gotten really frizzy hair. I kept combing and styling it, washing it. I was always happy when her hair was wet, cause then it looked like it wasn't frizzy anymore. But as soon as it dried up the frizz came back ofcourse. So frustrated as I was. I took a pair of scissors and cut of the right amount to get rid of the frizz. But the frizz kept coming back after a few days. So I repeat, and repeat, and repeat...untill here was only a tiny bit of tail and mane left. (Like those farm horses who pull the plow). Dunno how they are called in English. I did the same thing with Star Pony, but I only did it to her tail and not the mane. But I never cut her tail as short as Salty.

But that wasn't the only thing. My sister had Steamer. And her her hair was STUNNING! Long, soft and silky. Just how I wanted to have my Salty's hair. (I have to go back a little because I forgot to mention this part) My sister always kept her Steamer at the feet side of the bed with all her other stuffed animals. So me as a kid thought that would do the magic. So I kept Salty at my feet side of the bed as well for a couple of days. Expecting her to magically have soft and silky hair. Ofcourse that didn't work. And that's where the cutting came in.

But after I saw how I mutilated my Salty's hair, I was so upset and ragingly jealous of my sister's Steamer. That I took the scissors again and cut off Steamer's tail to her ankles. It felt good!

But now ofcourse I feel horrible about it. How jealousy can make yo do such bad things. My sister still has hers. My Salty was so damaged in the end that I threw her away. But I bought a new one on Ebay when I started my Pony collecting again.

Here is my childhood Star Pony with cut tail and now that I look at her better. She might have had a mane trim as well:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:26:24 AM by Pierlala »
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 02:29:13 AM »
i didn't really do much to my ponies i did have a fakie donkey that i cut the tail off for another pony but my barbies were a different matter ! i did draw on them  a bit :)

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 02:39:59 AM »
I present to you: The saddest Daddy Bright Bouquet ever.

He was a favourite of mine when I was a kid. I once lent him to a friend, and he came back tattooed with ballpen ink. After that, I wanted to pretty him up even more.

I put glitter glue on him.

I also thought that he deserved a more colourful mane and tail, so I coloured both in the colours of the rainbow with watercolours.

The result being that after a few years of storage, the watercolour has stained his neck.

*sigh* At least I can say I was a very creative child?
After finding him again in grandma's basement, I cleaned him up, scrubbed the glitter glue off with acetone, and am currently sunfading him.

Along with Sugarberry, who has had nail polish on her hooves for well over ten years now. Needless to say, it left some nasty stains. I spared you the image of her with a screw in her tailhole... She'd lost her tail, and the screw was holding the replacement there.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 03:20:26 AM »

He was a favourite of mine when I was a kid. I once lent him to a friend, and he came back tattooed with ballpen ink. After that, I wanted to pretty him up even more.

I also thought that he deserved a more colourful mane and tail, so I coloured both in the colours of the rainbow with watercolours.

The result being that after a few years of storage, the watercolour has stained his neck.

After finding him again in grandma's basement, I cleaned him up, scrubbed the glitter glue off with acetone, and am currently sunfading him.

Along with Sugarberry, who has had nail polish on her hooves for well over ten years now. Needless to say, it left some nasty stains. I spared you the image of her with a screw in her tailhole... She'd lost her tail, and the screw was holding the replacement there.

When sunfading. Will he not end up with little squares all over his body with that duct tape over his cutie marks?
My wish list: Click here!.

Bommels

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 03:39:48 AM »

When sunfading. Will he not end up with little squares all over his body with that duct tape over his cutie marks?

His overall color has miraculously not changed very much. I was pretty worried with him being a light purple and all, but he's holding up very well! Should be finished in an other one or two weeks.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 04:37:09 AM »
I took pretty good care of my ponies, though there were a few whose manes I cut really short.  It was because they were boys.  We got the later years of G1 (year 8 on) when I was a kid collecting, so I didn't even know about boy-pose ponies.

And in my defense, the ones I cut really were official boy ponies!  And it didn't seem right to me that they looked exactly the same as girl ponies so they needed to have short hair so you could tell.

The thing that's really bad is that they were rare UK ponies.  With hair that cannot be replaced because it's coloured horizontally, if you know the ones I mean. :drunk:  I remember my mum telling me that I'd regret it one day!  And I do. 

But I stand by my logic at the time :p  I still have them and I'll always love them!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 06:12:08 AM »

Other then the fact that it's watercolor, I love his hair in those colors. He'd look lovely rehaired like that.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 06:56:40 AM »
For the most part, I took good care of my toys, but I think one snafu did happen when I was convinced that you could dye a ribbon using a marker pen! So I took a nice pink ribbon, covered it in green pen... and put it on Posey. It looked pretty nice on her, but the green streak it left in her hair certainly didn't! XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal