collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44253 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #765 on: June 25, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »
Agreed!  I always thought the word alicorn was strange.. I call them unipegs.. at least that word combo sorta makes sense to me :)

lol i have ALWAYS  been obseessed with unicorns since i was very young.  i  used to look   for solid white horses and such when i was younger.  so  yeah it was strane when i first heard soemone say that  and i think  my reaction was  excuse me?    thts a horn  lol  i    thinkt hat they didn't realize what it meant and proably went "oh! this word is nice and nobody proably knws what it means so we'll     call them    "alicorns"

lol i called them Pegacorns  or unipeg when i was little

Me too!  ALWAYS loved unicorns, and was confused by the word "alicorn" when I first heard it!

Sprinklecupcake, now I'm going to have dreams of that tonight!  <3<3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:38 PM »
Oh my gosh Wouldnt it be AWESOME if they had more MLP exclusives to announce? Now im only dreaming here...but what if they made a blindbag set of G1 ponies in the style of the Transformers yearbook class of 1984 but with G1 PONIES!!! G1 ponies in little G4 blindbag shapes! In a yearbook display case!!!!! xD

HASBRO I HOPE YOU ARE READING!

i'd proably pass.  i'm not a  fan of blind bags..lol

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #767 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »
XD the only unicorns i liked were the mlp ones. same with pegasi and well earth ponies.

actually horses terrify me. i only asked for a pony when i was little, cuz i saw it in a movie, and well, my grandparents got me a smaller/ affordable version.

anyway. yeah if the doll get sold for cheap enough afterward. i'd get her.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:38 PM »
I think pegacorn and unipeg are the dumbest sounded words in existence, at least say winged unicorn or something! The first two terms just make me think of fakies.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 25, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
Dangit... over the day I find myself more and more drawn to the exclusives! If anyone is selling their fair pony set, I will probably be interested ^^; I just can't say no to superheros!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 26, 2014, 12:26:43 AM »
Second year in a row I'll be passing on the exclusive. :( Spike's cute though.

The EQG doll is kind of interesting!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #771 on: June 26, 2014, 12:36:40 AM »
I understand the fair relays on Hasbro but it's unfair to place "you have to buy the exclusive or..." on collectors. If we as an united front don't tell Hasnro we're unhappy they're going to continue to stick their heads in the sand. I feel bad for the fair staff but honestly this was a slap in the face to the attendees of the fair. I bet if peacock and the Egyptian pony were offered as choices instead of this thing, they'd sell out.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 26, 2014, 01:06:52 AM »
Awww I want them both. I'm sad I will most likely miss them both (want the doll the most).

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #773 on: June 26, 2014, 01:21:45 AM »
The one thing that I believe people who are calling for a Special Edition Pony aimed at the collector market are missing here is the fact that we HAD our own collector-centric ponies. They were glorious, but they didn't sell...

The Fair placed short run orders with Hasbro for 1,000 pieces and out of 1,000 we were lucky to move 300 at a Fair event. The rest were sold online, through the Fair website or placed on Ebay by Fair organizers (back in the day when they were allowed to sell on Ebay- we can't now due to contract.) The last year that Winged Fantasy coordinated the Fair(back in 2009,) she personally was stuck with over 700 unsold ponies after the event. I'm willing to bet she STILL has unsold Peacock Art ponies taking up space 5 years later.

When I took over the Fair, I personally fronted the funds to purchase the 2010 Fair Pony. I didn't have enough money to purchase a full 1000 pony run since I was basically starting the Fair over from scratch, but since I had a prior relationship with Hasbro (due to my books), they agreed to allow me to decrease the Fair order to 500 pieces (I'm not sure where the other 500 went- Probably in some Hasbro warehouse.) It took me 18 months to sell them all (a quarter of which were sold at our cost just to get my initial investment back.) The next year, in 2011 I was able to repeat my order of 500 figures. Three years later, I STILL have Egyptian Art ponies to offload.

As collectors, we feel like we are this driving force of revenue for Hasbro (I also felt this way before I was on the other side of things,) but in truth we are a tiny drop in a very big bucket. It is amazing that Hasbro acknowledges us at all. I am grateful that they do and they respect our lasting passion and commitment to their brand by being involved in our community.

Even if you don't like the Comic Con figures we've been offered he last 3 years of the Fair, please try to appreciate the fact that we get something. Hasbro could have dumped their support and interest in the Fair completely, but instead have stuck by us and helped us grow our event.

Hopefully, in the future we can support having our own "Exclusive Only to the Fair Pony," again, but until Hasbro can be sure that I don't end up with 300 Ponies in my basement, I don't think we will be given that opportunity.

I'm going to requote Sweettune here. As collectors sure we're upset that the 30th anniversary was seemingly ignored by Hasbro, but we just aren't a market to them.

I can sympathise with the Fair staff here as when i was working on Ponycon, the amount of exclusives we had left over each year was silly to the point that we couldn't order the numbers Hasbro wanted us to order and in the end it meant Ponycon not having an exclusive from Hasbro at all. With Fancy Feathers the peacock pony we had loads left over and the convention had to pay for them upfront.

I know it sucks if you've bought something and don't like it, but next time maybe you should wait to see what it is before buying. But be aware that in doing so you may not get an exclusive at all. Boycotting it is all well and good and totally in your right to do so, but just don't then moan next year when you don't get any exclusive.

Hasbro is a company and collectors of MLP just aren't a market for them. Yes they pay more attention to Transformer collectors because that is a much bigger market. I've read some people wanting the art ponies back, but even when the art ponies were out people didn't like them. I personally hated the underwater and orange art pony and still don't own them. So given the choice of producing a product that might appeal to say 300 people at best and creating one with a much broader appeal, which do you think they will go for?

As i've said, feel free to complain all you like about this pony, i know personally i don't like her, i much prefer the doll. Just don't bring it back to the fair. Organising an event like that is a lot of bloody time and work that people give up for free to put on something enjoyable for people. It really sucks when you see something you've worked on coming back to bite you.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #774 on: June 26, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
I think pegacorn and unipeg are the dumbest sounded words in existence, at least say winged unicorn or something! The first two terms just make me think of fakies.
well I can agree with you there, if I remember I had a poll on those terms and I think most agreed with winged uni over most other terms. However, I do think another common term for some places is in fact pegasus because it still fits the term for winged horse :) and the fact there is probably no word in another language for the g4 term.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 26, 2014, 02:28:51 AM »
Oh no, it makes YOU think of fakies? Quick, let's all just say "winged unicorn"!
Seriously what is going on in this thread?

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #776 on: June 26, 2014, 03:17:46 AM »
I don't think it's that transformers are bigger. Yes the fans of the movies are but actual collectors? Probably not. The difference is they're more vocal. The same with the bronies. We as collectors have been so grateful for the scraps from hasbro we keep accepting whatever they throw at us without a word. It's like Oliver Twist asking for more soup. I'm not after the fair staff, I know an event this size is a royal pain. I just wonder if we want to be seen as a stronger base we have to stop accepting and purchasing table scraps.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 26, 2014, 03:28:18 AM »
I don't think this needs to be a G1 exclusive at all. MLP has evolved and a G4 exclusive is appropriate. However if they were smart they would make a pony that everyone would want much like Muffin pony.

Personally I have always loved Unipeg.  The alicorn is a horn.   But thanks to the Arena I now see alicorn as either "horn" or "Unipeg".  Pegacorn was never in my vocabulary.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 26, 2014, 03:34:01 AM »
I mean, we have sold out every year since 2012, since we've grown. Maybe if we still / almost sell out, you could ask Hasbro about it?

I still think G1 based ponies / art ponies would be appropriate, because it's multigenerational convention.

But give us something like an FS Lyra and I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 26, 2014, 03:56:12 AM »

another image, from fb

Oop, should have explored the thread more. She looks much better from this angle. Photoshop works wonders. :P

Mane-iac makes sense seeing as it's a comic convention. I think sticking with that theme is quite cute.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal