collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 704
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one's a real thinker  (Read 10729 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one's a real thinker
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2019, 07:08:30 PM »
Confirming : Italy CJ is super common in Germany while Euro CJ is quite hard to find! :)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »
They paid $100 total, the seller dropped the price.

I guess I can post the link since the listing is closed now:

Link to eBay auction

It was still a fraudulent listing that the seller made no effort to correct even after being told. That's still dishonest. Its one thing not to know, its another to willfully ignore what someone more knowledgeable tells you just to make a buck. Should I then put a bunch of fakie and cheap g3 babies up for a pretty penny by touting them as a super rare set? That would be wrong. The buyer still got screwed. It is a nice lot that anyone would be happy to own, but not at the expense of being deliberately deceived.

I agree that the seller was dishonest with his listing, but that doesn mean that the buyer was nessecerly screwed over. They could be very well aware of what they where buying, even though the info was misleading.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2019, 08:13:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure the buyer didn't get tricked-  at least I certainly hope not.

I think most of us are just annoyed that such a dishonest unwilling-to-listen seller made any money at all from his misleadingly titled listing.

It occurs to me I could have reported the listing - it actually violates ebay rules to put names that don't belong in the listing in the name just to attract attention.  I forgot what they call it, but it is definitely a no no.

Ah well. Hope the buyer is happy with their Tiffany.

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2019, 06:33:31 PM »
The seller is at it again  :mad:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2019, 06:55:22 PM »
I think I'm gonna report the new listing (via "misleading title"), given they're still at it falsely claiming it to be a "complete set" (no two ponies in this new lot are in a set together lol), "mail order", and "rare". All three are lies.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:58:17 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2019, 08:44:06 PM »
I think I'm gonna report the new listing (via "misleading title"), given they're still at it falsely claiming it to be a "complete set" (no two ponies in this new lot are in a set together lol), "mail order", and "rare". All three are lies.
Thank you. Its so bothersome to me. I'd report it but I don't have a personal account.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »
I reported the new listing too.  This guy annoys me to no end.

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »
I reported the new listing too.  This guy annoys me to no end.
This dude's at it again- with yet ANOTHER false listing. So annoying

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2019, 04:54:38 PM »
"MINT"

>one pony in the new listing has marker on the bottom of one hoof which they very clearly took a photo of to show
>another is incredibly dirty

What a laugh. Reporting this one too. Also reporting the previous one again because eBay hasn't done anything about it yet. Screw this guy.

For those who also want to help with reporting. Report Category = Listing Practices, Reason for Report = Search and Browse Manipulation, Detailed Reason = keyword spamming or misleading title, also "incorrect item condition" for the one listed before this newest one, that one is labelled "new".
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 04:59:41 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »
"MINT"

>one pony in the new listing has marker on the bottom of one hoof which they very clearly took a photo of to show

What a laugh. Reporting this one too. Also reporting the previous one again because eBay hasn't done anything about it yet. Screw this guy.

For those who also want to help with reporting. Report Category = Listing Practices, Reason for Report = Search and Browse Manipulation, Detailed Reason = keyword spamming or misleading title, also "incorrect item condition" for the one listed before this newest one, that one is labelled "new".
Its gross. Your listing proves your description wrong. Same listing title that their previous listings all had. Thanks for the how to. Do you need an account to report? 

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2019, 06:53:25 AM »
"MINT"

Its gross. Your listing proves your description wrong. Same listing title that their previous listings all had. Thanks for the how to. Do you need an account to report? 

I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume you would?

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2019, 03:26:54 PM »
"MINT"

"MINT"

I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume you would?
Just tested it out in private browsing and it prompted me to log in, so yeah, you need an account.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »
It’s a real shame this guy tried to pass all these particular ponies off together as something they’re not and for that price...Because I really do think he’d make a good amount off of the German Pearl and Starglow. Just yanno, as seperate auctions.

But I learned a long time ago not to correct these people. Some time ago I was browsing the Poshmark app because I can fit in some kids’ clothes, and some people do sell pony toys+merch there. And Depop as well. I’ve found some really neat things doing this.

Anyway I saw some lady trying to sell a run of the mill US common release Dancing Butterflies and Sugarberry for $200 USD plus ship. I politely informed her that I have been collecting for almost ten years and that they’re overpriced. To be fair they were both in excellent condition. However she completely blew me off by saying something to the effect of, “I know you’re new but these are collectables, if you don’t like the price don’t buy them” and blocked me. I’m still so angry about it, thinking about somebody who may believe they are really worth that much. I don’t think people should be able to do that, in my eyes its basically a scam.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »
At the end of the day people can charge what they want for their items, as annoying as it is to us when they go nuts. The difference is overcharging for something you're selling under the right name and description, and overcharging for something you've mislabelled and which is not properly described.

A buyer can easily look at something correctly labelled and go, no way at the price. But a newer collector might be caught out on the description or title saying something it shouldn't.

Of course there's always buyer beware and a buyer ought to do their homework. But sellers should advertise what they're selling correctly :/ whatever price they choose to ask.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2019, 04:26:23 PM »
At the end of the day people can charge what they want for their items, as annoying as it is to us when they go nuts. The difference is overcharging for something you're selling under the right name and description, and overcharging for something you've mislabelled and which is not properly described.

A buyer can easily look at something correctly labelled and go, no way at the price. But a newer collector might be caught out on the description or title saying something it shouldn't.

Of course there's always buyer beware and a buyer ought to do their homework. But sellers should advertise what they're selling correctly :/ whatever price they choose to ask.
Can't stress research enough. Unfortunately that's hard when you don't know where to look for that info. But still the seller shouldn't keep using same title that's completely wrong for every listing. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal