collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Embarrassing music?  (Read 2135 times)

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Embarrassing music?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »
Easy one for me - I don't have an iPod, all my music is on tangible media such as CDs and cassettes (remember them?) :biggrin:

Paul

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »
Easy one for me - I don't have an iPod, all my music is on tangible media such as CDs and cassettes (remember them?) :biggrin:

Paul
I still buy CDs :)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
I don't get embarrassed about the music on my ipod.  It's mostly metal and broadway with a good dose of alternative 90's nostalgia thrown in. I have most of the songs from MLP on there, so I guess that would qualify, but I don't care.  I have a pony tag and pony stickers on my car, so getting embarassed by the Grand Galloping Gala seems silly, lol.

Blushes

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 12:01:35 PM »

Paul

Are you kidding me? I love CDs

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 01:01:37 PM »

Paul

Me too! I do have an iPhone and I have nothing against digital music, but if I'm going to actually purchase something it's going to be CD, Vinyl, or nothing. Why would I want to pay for digital files that are lower quality than a CD which could be wiped away if anything ever happened to my computer when I can buy a CD, put it in my computer and rip it into a digital file of any quality I want? I do understand and respect that some people like the space saving and convenience of instant downloads, but for me personally I just can't justify paying for something that I can't physically hold in my hand. With CDs you can rip them into digital files yourself, and most current Vinyl releases offer codes that you can redeem online to receive a digital download of the album. To me, CDs and Vinyl are just as collectible as Ponies or any other toy or collectible, while Digital takes away all of the fun out of collecting music.

Anyway, I don't really consider any music to be embarrassing, though I might find some songs to be annoying after awhile. You like what you like, and you can find anything from the Spice Girls to Napalm Death on my iPhone.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:05:03 PM by Neon Sparkle »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »

Paul

Me too! I do have an iPhone and I have nothing against digital music, but if I'm going to actually purchase something it's going to be CD, Vinyl, or nothing. Why would I want to pay for digital files that are lower quality than a CD which could be wiped away if anything ever happened to my computer when I can buy a CD, put it in my computer and rip it into a digital file of any quality I want? I do understand and respect that some people like the space saving and convenience of instant downloads, but for me personally I just can't justify paying for something that I can't physically hold in my hand. With CDs you can rip them into digital files yourself, and most current Vinyl releases offer codes that you can redeem online to receive a digital download of the album. To me, CDs and Vinyl are just as collectible as Ponies or any other toy or collectible, while Digital takes away all of the fun out of collecting music.

Anyway, I don't really consider any music to be embarrassing, though I might find some songs to be annoying after awhile. You like what you like, and you can find anything from the Spice Girls to Napalm Death on my iPhone.
Plus CDs contain lyric booklets (sometimes) :) with untainted lyrics :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 05:15:04 PM »
Ive got too much to list lol. My best mate brought us tickets for the 1D concert in February, its apparently my Valentines present hahaha. Im not a fan, I think she just needed someone stupid enough to tag along, and we always have too much fun together. Going to feel like a couple of grannies up there with all the teenagers :/

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
Nothing I have embarrasses me, and that's not to say I don't have music people wouldn't consider embarrassing. I just have no shame. :cool:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 03:20:19 AM »

Paul
Me too :) I only resort to download if there isn't a CD and I make sure I download the songs in FLAC format.

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
Probably the two Aqua songs I have, "My Oh My" and "Barbie Girl".

The several hours of Hanson, though? I have those on there with pride! :p

Guuuuurl there is nothing wrong with Aqua. I have the Backstreet Boys, Enigma, the Proclaimers, new age *galore* (Manheim Steamroller...yep, it's there), and A Chipmunk Christmas. I REGRET NOTHING.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline silverdragon54

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 10:21:53 PM »
Embarrassing music...you mean besides a two hour block of every FiM song from seasons 1-4 and Equestria Girls? :lol:

I tend to keep my music to myself. My MP3 player has an...eclectic mix of country, 80s rock, video game soundtracks, Weird Al, Lindsey Stirling, a sprinkling of brony songs, and six Andrea Bocelli cds. (Not his opera albums! I can't stand opera. Nobody believes me when I tell them that albums like Romanza or Passione aren't opera.) Only a few of his songs are in English. Most are in Italian with a few in Spanish, and a few in French. Beats me what he's saying, but I could listen to it aaaaall day. :lovey:

I don't encounter many people who appreciate Bocelli. :redface:

Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »
how about music i probably SHOULD be embarrassed by but am not? xD
I have ALLLL kinds of music moods, so much so that I can usually listen to just about anything and be content.

but my most public one, is what I listen to in the car, as well as sing out loud too (sometimes more loud then actual singing)... Is current pop music xD, I especially love things by Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande, and Sia, because they're just so "singable" haha.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 12:47:11 AM »

Hooray for several hours of Hanson songs! I have mine with pride too :biggrin: They are still doing so well for themselves after all these years

Definitely Lester`s Possum Park from the Goofy Movie soundtrack as well as a few Veggie Tales songs

Wow, I figured I was the only one with Goofy Movie songs on my ipod! High Five to that! :lol:

No shame for me whatsoever! Which is funny cause I'm normally very paranoid about things like that :S

My soundtracks/film/tv section on my ipod gets more attention than my main music. I guess there's something from everyone's childhood. My work mates have a blast when it's late night and I let them play their favourites over the speakers at our shop. Countless tunes from animated movies, shows, cartoons, games. I'm tempted to list but I'll just get carried away, so I'll just note some of the sillier ones:

If I Had Words (Ending credits to Babe with the mice singing)
a compilation of background music heard in Arthur
the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh opening theme
Building the Crate song from Chicken Run
season 1 theme from Rocko's Modern Life
and many old favourite Sesame Street segments!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:53:05 AM by sweetapple »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »
This stupid song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Ve0NWmW6Y

ayeeee I'm your little butterfly
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 12:33:03 PM »

Hooray for several hours of Hanson songs! I have mine with pride too :biggrin: They are still doing so well for themselves after all these years

Definitely Lester`s Possum Park from the Goofy Movie soundtrack as well as a few Veggie Tales songs

Wow, I figured I was the only one with Goofy Movie songs on my ipod! High Five to that! :lol:

I have After Today and On the open road. Both in English and Polish.
I have a lot of Disney songs on my playlist, many multilanguages as well :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal