collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Fairies Dolls - They Need Your Help!  (Read 394 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Disney Fairies Dolls - They Need Your Help!
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »
Okay, so I'm changing my original post a bit.  Did my own little bit of research and learned that these dolls, although extremely cute, aren't worth much seeing as they've been "customized" by a youngster.

SO, I need your help!

The last time I customized a pony was, oh, over ten years ago...and I never finished it!  I'm sloppy at reharing, so I just gave up and sold my 2/3 complete customs on eBay to a true artist.  Dolls?  Nope, never tried my hand at customizing a doll!  This will be an adventure!  I also don't collect dolls...okay, a few She-Ra action figures...and that Gabrielle doll I got a couple weeks ago.  Looks like I'm a doll collector now!

My budget is tight, but I do have crafting supplies!  Also, a box of "fine art" supplies when I took drawing and oil painting classes as an undergrad.  Have supplies, will create!  Firstly, I love my new Rosetta:

No wings, no shoes, and a haircut. 

With the haircut, I think she needs a new name and a new identity!  I was thinking of making her into a fall-themed fairy.  Maybe leaf-themed wings?  The thing is, she'll need new clothes too!  What do you think I could do?  Maybe take artificial leaves and some glue/mod podge to shape them into a dress?  Ideas are welcome!

Collector's Doll Vidia:  She's creepily cute.  No headband, pants, or shoes.  Did someone cut her dress in half?

I remember wandering into the Disney Store when these dolls came out...and I really wanted all of them.  Looking at her now, she looks a little too elvish.  So, should I turn her into an elf?  Maybe a Brian Froud-inspired fairie?  Dragonfly wings with holes through them...add horns? Fins? Frog feet? A tail?  What do you think?

10" Wing Flapping Vidia:  Arg, a broken wing!!  She can only flap in circles now, lol. 
What can I do with this girl?  I'm not too keen on her...but she can't go through life with only one flapping wing!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:02:56 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Fairies Dolls - They Need Your Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:46 AM »
Customizing sounds like fun. Here is a flickr picture (not mine) that shows what the collector Vidia should look like, and yes yours does look like they cut her dress in half.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline butterflybuttons

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »
I think your plan for Rosetta sounds fantastic!

For the flapping wings Vidia, maybe you could make her a replacement wing from acetate paper and glitter glue?

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the pic, toyjunky!  That's a big help :)

Acetate paper, you say?  I have to look into this - thanks for the idea, butterflybuttons!

I'm doing a little cleaning up today and couldn't figure out where to put my new girls.  I fiddled around with them and decided that the outfit flapping Vidia was wearing, although too big, should be worn by collector's Vidia.   Here's what I came up with:

That doesn't look too awful - in fact, to heck with customizing her!  She's adorable!

But, what to do with that crop top?

A new dress for Twinkleshine!

...and Vidia found herself a pony friend.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 02:57:05 AM »
All of those vidia dolls are so pretty! I had no idea they made that many!!! One of those looks just like her in the movie!! :O

Post Merge: October 13, 2013, 03:05:19 AM

I think with rosetta you could curl/ wave her hair, but giving her her own identity would be very cool! :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:05:19 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 07:13:43 AM »
All of those vidia dolls are so pretty! I had no idea they made that many!!! One of those looks just like her in the movie!! :O

Post Merge: October 13, 2013, 03:05:19 AM

I think with rosetta you could curl/ wave her hair, but giving her her own identity would be very cool! :D

Ooooh!  That's a great idea! Never would have thought of that!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal