collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 108116 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2023, 12:35:57 PM »
I set a fire in my kitchen :shocked:

It was a tiny fire, but a fire nonetheless. I was making some Minute rice on the stove, so you know you bring the water to a boil then mix in the rice and take it off the heat to sit for five minutes. I had a pot holder on the counter to set the pot on. I guess I must've pulled it or moved it by accident when I set the pot down because it was too close to the burner. I have an electric stove and they don't stop being hot when you turn it off. It was close enough to start burning the pot holder.

I'm sitting at my desk and smell something burning and I look over and there was a flame!

I used the pot lid to put it out.

I'm always so careful around the stove. I'm really tired today and in a lot of pain, so I'm blaming it on that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2023, 03:30:29 PM »
I've been sick with my asthma for a few days.  :(  The weather changed and it's become extremely windy.  I feel like I can barely breathe.

Not trivial but I'm not ready to start a WYP post about it yet.  It looks like I'm going to have to have a medical procedure done in the summer.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It's not life threatening but it's something that would make life better for me.

Black Curtains, I'm glad you were able to put the fire out quickly and you and your home are safe. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 07:08:40 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2023, 08:27:38 AM »
On a news programme, there was this interview with a young couple where the girl was terminally ill with cancer, and when they found out she was not gonna make it, the boyfriend proposed and they got married within a month which I thought was so brave and sweet. My husband watched this, turned to me and said: "good for him, now he's getting all her money when she dies". My very warm, loving, friendly, goodhearted husband turned to one of the biggest a******s I've ever encountered and I just stared at him. Didn't know what to say to this inconsiderate b******t. I'm so mad!

Just point out he'll also be responsible for all her debt and medical bills so there probably won't be much left after that.

No, point. Medical bills are not a thing here in Sweden as it's all payed by taxes ^.^. At most she has had to spend 80 dollars combined a year, in administrative fees, before that as well became free, and a highly reduced cost for prescription meds.

Holy Moly BlackCurtains, scary moment!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2023, 10:40:42 AM »
Meds are free in Scotland, even before free prescriptions if you had a lifelong condition that would be free, i.e. my medication for my thyroid was covered but if I needed penicillin for a chest infection I'd need to pay. Now it's all free. Dentists can be covered by NHS if you're on benefits, I pay for mine as I work full time but my wisdom teeth that required me to go under didn't cost anything. Eye tests are free, you can get help towards basic glasses, you can pay for enhanced eye tests if you want. When my friend's father passed away, I was shocked at the medical bills she needed to pay for him, as in Scotland we don't have anything like that.

My complaint is I chose to have an important delivery on a Saturday when I'd be home ... and they delivered yesterday instead  :mad: Thankfully my neighbour is trustworthy!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2023, 12:11:55 PM »
When my dad was in the hospital for 20 days, he got two bills for a total of almost 400,000 dollars. He "only" had to pay 600 of it, which is still too high for someone like me. My dad was a Teamster back in the day so he gets a really great pension. Now that my mom is in Assisted Living she can see any doctor for free but there's a waiting list unless it's serious. She's on the waiting list to get an eye exam and new glasses. The glasses she has she paid $300 for a few years ago. Bifocals aren't covered by insurance, that's considered a "specialty".

--

My complaints... head still hurts, neck is killing me, back and legs are bad. I seriously feel like I'm going to end up in a wheelchair :(

I wanted to visit my mom today, I was going to surprise her. I don't have any money in my account (well $13) so I added her debit card to my Uber account but it was denied. So then I tried to add it to Paypal and it was again denied. Turns out the fraud department of the bank flagged those. Her card is now frozen. This is no good. She called the bank and explained what happened and told them it was okay for me to use the card. In order to unfreeze it though she had to contact the fraud department herself... they never answered the phone. She tried three times this morning staying on the line for like 15 minutes each time. She's going to try again tomorrow morning.

Speaking of not answering the phone! I called the pharmacy to get one of my meds refilled. For this medicine I have to call and speak to someone because I can't refill it myself since it's a controlled substance. So I waited on the line for a bit, then someone picked up the phone and redirected me back to the menu. Gee, thanks. Meanwhile, I am out of this very important medicine, like every month. I'm surprised my brain isn't more scrambled.

Aster has been very whiney the last few days. I think she's bored? I play with her and she likes to play but not for very long. She likes to run back and forth down the hallway and have me surprise her around the corner, but I can't stand for long. We are meeting in the middle which has worked so far but maybe she wants something different. I thought about getting a new laser pointer and rewarding her with treats when she catches it because I know it can frustrate cats if they don't get a reward for "hunting" the red dot. But now with my mom's card frozen I have no way to pay for one. My dad, for some reason, is waiting for my niece to come back from Wisconsin to put his money in my bank... and she's gone for 4 more days still, plus I don't think she's going to want to run around when she gets home.

Anyway, I don't think Aster is sick or anything, she's eating and drinking and using the litter box normally. She sticks to her routine for the most part but she spends more time meowing at me.

edit: OMG what is wrong with people on the phone lately?! My dad is having problems with his phone, so he had me call and order something for him. Everything was fine until the guy said he'd give me a confirmation number, I said okay, and waited. And waited. And waited! He hung up on me! What is going on?!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:24:32 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2023, 04:09:42 PM »
Black Curtains, I'm sorry that your and your family is having to deal with all of that.  :hug:

I had a horrible asthma attack today. :(  It was so bad that I got some Vick's cough syrup and used it just so my coughing would stop.  It stopped but I'm still coughing some.  I should have known that one was coming on because my cheeks were really red and it's felt hard to get air in to my lungs today.  I had to get a shot today and my oxygen level at the clinic was 99%. I feel horrible, like I'm not getting any air.

My dad thinks ordering online is better than going in to the store.   My mom wanted some over the counter stuff from CVS and we dropped by the nearest store to get it.  My mom said she wanted to go to another store but my dad said he didn't want to and would just order it online.

He says he was ordering for the store to take the medicine off the shelves and have it delivered to the house.  Of course he got angry when he thought that they hadn't delivered it.  My mom asked for an order number and my dad pulled up the credit card statement online and it showed "pending."  I tried to explain what that meant, but my mom didn't understand.  Today we went to the store and he asked them why it said pending and why he hadn't gotten the medicine.  The store was very nice but told him that he ordered online for in store pickup, meaning that the CVS online site will ship it to that store instead of shipping it to the house.

We just tried to order Subway online and couldn't get the payment method to work.  I wish he would just go in to the store sometimes.  I don't have anything against ordering online especially when you can't get it locally, but he could save himself a lot of frustration if he would just do things the easy way sometimes.

Ponyfan

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2023, 06:49:24 PM »
BC, Oh no!  :huh: You and your family have really annoying problems with the phones or actually with the customer services.  :( And it wasn't even Friday the 13th (unlucky day)!
I hope that you and your mother will get in touch with the bank soon and get the credit card working again! :heart:

Maybe Aster would like another cat to be her friend..?  :wonder: Or she just wants even more attention from you, even though she certainly gets a lot of it from you. Has Aster been sterilized? Another one of our cats, Hector, has now started meowing a lot with a horrible sound even though he is neutered. :nuts: It even jumps on the walls sometimes! Fortunately, Ozzy sometimes goes to stop that madness by starting to chase it around the house. :lol:
I can't stand it when the wallpapers get ruined from the climbing and bouncing of that crazy cat!  :angry:

I hope the ache and pain will ease soon!  :( :hug:

Ponyfan, hope you're feeling better too! :hug: Asthma is a really miserable disease!  :( I don't have it, but I know people who have.

My complaint...  :( My uncle is in the hospital again. Have been since Sunday.
My mother had tried to call him earlier and also left several messages. He hadn't answered the phone calls at all, and hadn't read the messages. I told my mother on Wednesday evening that something bad has definitely happened to my uncle and he is probably in the hospital. On Thursday evening, my uncle finally called my mother from the hospital. His son was worried about his father as well, when nothing was heard about this. On Sunday, he and his wife had gone to my uncle's apartment to check the situation. They had found uncle lying unconscious in his bed! :shocked: He has no memories of when he became unconscious and what he had been doing. Now, on Friday morning, the doctors will start examining him.
He has very bad COPD and, as I recall, coronary artery disease. He has previously had heart surgery, he has had blockages in his blood vessels, he has fallen often and had to be hospitalized because of them. He also has some rheumatic disease.. My mother doesn't think her brother will live long.  :( He turns 75 this year. I have no contact with my uncle at all, but my mother and brother do. For them, his death will be really hard... Then when that time comes.  :(

My other complaint is that my spouse has "lost" his big brother to religion. :( (We're not religious. We're atheists.) They will no longer have anything to do with each other and that is surely the final decision now. Big brother apparently cut off contact with their mother as well. He hasn't visited his mother in 6 years. We haven't seen him in probably almost 10 years. Only short messages by phone or email. Now they also ended. My husband asked him in a message why he doesn't visit his mother, why he does this, if he has become a believer and if he doesn't want to have anything to do with us anymore. The only response was a thumbs up emoji.  :| :blink:

I could write more about this, but now I don't want to and now just a short complaint about this point. Sorry for any typos! I'm really tired and should be sleeping already.
:zzz:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2023, 07:24:21 PM »
I don't think anyone's complaints are trivial!  Someone's bit of straw may be someone else's redwood tree. 

*pony hugs to all*

Everyone in our house awoke this morning around 6 am to the sound of the ambulance pulling up at our house for one of the downstairs tenants. Since the paramedics didn't break down the door, the guy must have managed to crawl up the staircase and wait outside on the front sidewalk!  I really don't know ... we were wearing blankets and standing in our kitchen trying to figure out why the house was full of noise and light.  He's still in the hospital or something.  I don't know but it was not a great start to the day for anyone! 

Our hamster has become a bit of a wild creature lately - she keeps trying to escape!  She gnawed straight through the side of an enclosure and we had to find a plastic bin to keep her in while we repaired the habitat.  And she has bitten us several times...  I am nervous to try and play with her because of this, plus if I do take her out of her cage and socialize with her...  I don't know if she would bolt and escape somewhere crazy and get eaten by the cat! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2023, 10:43:02 PM »
Squirmy, put her in the bathtub. You can socialize with her and she can't get away. Has she always been a biter or is this recent? If it's only been recent, she might be sick. Hamsters get aggressive when they don't feel well. Does she have a wheel? Hamsters travel for miles in the wild and need a wheel to redirect that energy. Make sure she's warm enough and gets enough light so she doesn't go into hibernation mode, that makes them grumpy too. For the chewing, you can get her a chinchilla rock (pumice stone).

Ponyfan, I'm sorry you had a bad attack :hug:

HoM, all of that is bad news :( I'm sorry you're having to go through those things :hug: Yes, Aster is sterilized. I spent more time with her last night and she suckled her foot and then fell asleep while I pet her. I thought maybe she needed a cat friend too, but that won't be a problem once Puddin' gets her shots. I think they'll get along.

edit, later: I'm in so much pain today :( I think all my issues are made worse by the weather. It downpoured earlier and now the temp is dropping. While I like the cooler weather, my joints and bones sure don't :(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:22:24 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2023, 06:19:43 PM »
On Friday, we heard more news about my uncle's health.
My mother called her brother's son and we heard from him how everything went.

On the night between Sunday and Monday, uncle called his son that he was feeling bad and it was hard to breathe. He asked his son to come to him, but he was working at night at the same time so he couldn't go. The boy told his father to call an ambulance. The ambulance came and they first examined uncle in his apartment until they left to take him to the hospital.
On Friday, it turned out that he has influenza! :blink: Even though he was vaccinated before Christmas! You can't always trust those vaccines, apparently. :huh:
My mother then called him at the hospital the same day and the call lasted only 5 minutes because he was very tired. They usually talk easily for more than an hour.
So his son didn't even find him unconscious in his bed, the ambulance men did. Influenza also causes confusion in the elderly, that's why my uncle spoke wrong information and doesn't remember anything about what happened.  :huh:
He will now receive supplemental oxygen for the weekend. Probably also medicine, of course. Hope all goes well.
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2023, 09:24:40 AM »
Snuggles to you & your family HOM!!!  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2023, 10:16:34 AM »
Oh, the flu is not good :( I hope your uncle recovers!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #357 on: January 15, 2023, 10:25:40 AM »
Not at all trivial but I don't feel like writing a WYP post.

My social security case was denied.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2023, 11:03:16 PM »
Not at all trivial but I don't feel like writing a WYP post.

My social security case was denied.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BC get on that asap!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2023, 10:12:11 AM »
I'm so sorry that happened to you, BC. :hug:  I'll write a longer response in the other thread.

All of the stress of the last few weeks has gotten to me today. I'm almost in tears right now, but I'm pretty sure what happened was the last straw and the catalyst for the tears. :wail:  It's such a trivial thing too.

Saturday night one of the games on my tablet quit working.  Since the game data is stored in a cloud sometimes you can delete the game, redownload it, log back in to your account and all of your game data is still there. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to redownload it and never could get it to work. I know it's just a game, but I've spent a lot of time on it and it's not something that I want to restart from the beginning.  I'm trying to download it again today.

Yesterday my dad pulled in to a parking lot and stopped short because another car was backing up right in front of us.  Instead of parking where he usually does, he picked another spot to park in.  He parked a little too close to another car and when my mom opened her door, it touched the car next to us.  My mom immediately apologized to the people in the car and I thought it was forgotten.  Later my dad said that the man in the car said something about "tell your wife not to park so close" or something like that.  As many of you know, that is not the type of thing to say to my dad.  He went out and took pictures of the 2 cars (there was no damage) and wrote up a homemade incident report on his computer.

My mom wanted to watch Disney + earlier.  That was okay for the most part, but I had already told her we might not be able to get on because of the holiday today in the US.  I tried and got error 82 even though I entered my email correctly. :(  I tried again using the same code on the TV and it still didn't work.  I will try another day though. 

I wouldn't usually cry over something like that so it has to be the stress.

That's another thing.  My mom was generous enough to pay for Disney + because I told her I didn't feel like I could take on another streaming service.  I really appreciate her doing that, but it seems like we always end up watching what my parents want on Disney + and not necessarily what I want to watch. My mom did say I can watch it whenever I want, but right after we got it she said it was annoying that she was paying for it and we never watched it.  We had some real life stuff going on at the time so trying to log on to Disney + was the least of our worries right then. She did apologize later and say she didn't mean that and was sorry she said that.  I still remember it though when I want to get on Disney + and watch something I want.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal