collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC: Disney Esmeralda Doll, "Weird" Belle Doll, and ID on a Disney Blonde Girl  (Read 1235 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I just got a jumbo lot of dolls in the mail & am about to resell most of them.  I've been able to get ideas on what to expect for most of them, but there are two I need help regarding prices...and an ID for the third.

Anyway, Esmeralda: original release by Mattel missing earring, shoes, and jingle-jangle gypsy skirt.

Belle: This is some sort of fancy schmancy Disney Store release.  She's in a very elaborate gown accented with amber rhinestones.  Arms are bent in 90 degree angle.  Face is quite round - unlike any Belle doll I've ever seen.

Blonde Girl:  Um...no idea who this is. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:14:36 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Are you sure that's the Mattel Esmeralda? Her face looks very different and only the Gypsy Dancing Esmeralda and True Hearts (I believe) had pointed feet, the other that came in that dress had flat feet. Also she didn't come with shoes :)

I've never seen that Belle doll before. I really like her dress :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
The Esmeralda doll you have is a Disney store one :) Here's a picture I found of one still in the box

I can't see the pictures for the other two dolls :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Are you sure that's the Mattel Esmeralda? Her face looks very different and only the Gypsy Dancing Esmeralda and True Hearts (I believe) had pointed feet, the other that came in that dress had flat feet. Also she didn't come with shoes :)

I've never seen that Belle doll before. I really like her dress :)

Thanks, guys!  Yup - Disney Store...BUT!  I believe she is wearing the Mattel doll's dress (collar & neckline are different)...and still missing jingle-jangle skirt & earring, lol

Post Merge: January 19, 2015, 05:51:47 PM

Okay...I figured out that the blonde doll is an older Disney Store Aurora doll.  I just have to figure out which version came out with braided pigtails!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:51:47 PM by LittleSpiffy »

karin_h

• Trade Count: (0)
Yep, Esmeralda is wearing the Mattel version of the dress.

I'm pretty sure Belle is the Disney parks version of/around 2004 http://www.flickr.com/photos/69030229@N02/9535622847

And I'm fairly certain the last one is an older version of Aurora in a random dress, if she has pointed feet: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4093/4815792052_3407148a92.jpg
Can't be more specific
EDIT: I've never seen an Aurora with braided hair before, are you sure she was not restyled?

Hope I helped :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:03:56 PM by karin_h »

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks Karin! You did help!!

The thing is, Aurora doesn't have pierced ears (which ie weird) and the hair is braided *perfectly* with clear packaging-type rubber bands.

Disney Parks Belle! Yay!  Her face remins me of Belle from Once Upon a Time.

Hahaha, omg, check out the Beast that came with her:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5486/9538460988_009c399e20_z.jpg

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:09:30 PM by LittleSpiffy »

karin_h

I know!  He's soo creepy.

That Aurora is a mystery, the only thing I can think of is that she's some obscure Disney Parks version, maybe with a bedtime time theme, that would explain the braids. Dammit, now I wanna find out! It's like a treasure hunt xD

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I know!  He's soo creepy.

That Aurora is a mystery, the only thing I can think of is that she's some obscure Disney Parks version, maybe with a bedtime time theme, that would explain the braids. Dammit, now I wanna find out! It's like a treasure hunt xD

LoL, I love a good mystery...unless I can't solve it in fifteen minutes or less :lol:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
ooh I have that Belle doll!  :wow: I always wondered about her since I found mine almost mint in a charity shop lol! I got a later Disney parks version one though (2006) and she is sort of similar so I should have guessed :P
I want the original Mattel Esmeralda . I didn't know DS did one as our DS here used to stock the Mattel ones at the time!  I do think Mattel Disney were better dolls back then though (not like now)  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

karin_h

!  I do think Mattel Disney were better dolls back then though (not like now)  :awake:

This is so true, Mattel used to make such beautiful dolls...now, not so much. I specially hate one of the newer Ariel headmolds, she looks so ... weird :(    https://flic.kr/p/9cpBfv

Even if their heads are huge, the new Disney store ones are so pretty.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Don't even get me started on Disney dolls. The old ones were best because they were detailed and creative. Both Mattel and Disney Store tried new things instead of the umpteenth version of their movie outfit (only this time with glitter. woo.)
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
The Belle doll is from a Disney theme park exclusive set from the early 2000's. I know they were sold at Disneyland, unsure if also at Disney World. There were multiple couple sets in the series. I personally have the Ariel & Eric as well as the Cinderella & Prince Charming. My dolls are not currently with me, so I can not check the box, but I know they were from about 2000 or 2001 as we were given one as a wedding present and my husband and I were married in 2001.

Here is a picture I found online of them in the box.

In regards to the possible Aurora, pretty sure the hair has been restyled. Without being able to find a specific doll (going to look though) I'd guess she was the same time period as the Esmeralda based on the odd facial designs/expressions. Also if you look at the Esmeralda dolls arms and hands they have the same curve as the Aurora type doll. One website gave a 2000 date for the Esmeralda doll.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:28:35 PM by toyjunky »

karin_h

Don't even get me started on Disney dolls. The old ones were best because they were detailed and creative. Both Mattel and Disney Store tried new things instead of the umpteenth version of their movie outfit (only this time with glitter. woo.)

And they had real fabric!  Not the satin/taffeta thing that gets more plastic-y every year. Those where the days *feels old*

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I'm actually curious what the dress Aurora is wearing is. The colors kinda look like Ariel's.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I could be wrong, but to me it looks like the Aurora is wearing the 1993 "My First Barbie" Ballerina dress.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal