collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Lullabye Nursery

Have set
20 (41.7%)
Want set
9 (18.8%)
Need parts
9 (18.8%)
New to me
1 (2.1%)
Thinking....
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: August 02, 2020, 06:41:52 AM

Author Topic: POTD 7/28/2020 Lullabye Nursery  (Read 2496 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: POTD 7/28/2020 Lullabye Nursery
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
I love the nursery with all the twins like that!!

This is a childhood playset for me <3 My favourite of the ones I had as a kid I think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

^Me aged about six with the brand new nursery! I don't know why I have a mouse finger puppet on my hand. Either my birthday or Christmas 1988, can't remember right now...

(I was not smart enough to figure out that it's meant to say BABY on the front, so mine still says BAFY. It also had Mein Kleines Pony rainbow stuck on it for years before I decided to switch it out for the English one, wrecking the German one in the process. The French one got stuck on the inside walls.)

The advantage to messing up the stickers means that my nursery and my sister's second hand one never get confused.

I genuinely NEVER knew it was meant to say Baby until I was probably an adult collecting.

Mine was 1988, and made in West Germany, hence the multiple language sticker things.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 11:42:56 AM »

This is a childhood playset for me <3 My favourite of the ones I had as a kid I think.

^Me aged about six with the brand new nursery! I don't know why I have a mouse finger puppet on my hand. Either my birthday or Christmas 1988, can't remember right now...

(I was not smart enough to figure out that it's meant to say BABY on the front, so mine still says BAFY. It also had Mein Kleines Pony rainbow stuck on it for years before I decided to switch it out for the English one, wrecking the German one in the process. The French one got stuck on the inside walls.)

The advantage to messing up the stickers means that my nursery and my sister's second hand one never get confused.

I genuinely NEVER knew it was meant to say Baby until I was probably an adult collecting.

Mine was 1988, and made in West Germany, hence the multiple language sticker things.

Adorable picture! I wish I had more childhood photos with my ponies. My original nursery was probably my most cherished Christmas gift as a child. I think it was the last year I still believed in magic.

Mine had a French sticker stuck in it somewhere...I must have just been so excited when I slapped the stickers on that I didn't even notice! Perhaps living in the northern US being so close to the Canadian border, they were distributed here with English and French sets, I don't know. ('Mom, what does "mon pet-it pony" mean?')

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
I have two. One has a broken roof.  I think I have most or all of the accessories.  I love the details on the walls and floor.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »

I'm sure why it's showing up so blurry...the pic didn't look like that on my phone. But anyway, I have 2 of these nurseries, one has all stickers intact and the other has no roof fading. I thought I could switch the roofs to make a perfect playset, but I couldn't get it off  :argh: So...not sure which one to keep and which to sell.
It's showing up fine now. It probably wasn't fully finished processing when you made your post. And it looks adorable!

Hmm. I would say to keep the one with stickers intact. The faded roof you can fix simply enough by painting it. The stickers, not so much. And home printouts aren't quite the same as intact originals.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 03:01:26 PM »
I just added this set to my collection and i really like it. i don't remember it from when I was a kid. maybe I was too young for it.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
My nursery is full of newborns & teeny tinies too!!! It's actually crammed!!!

Only thing I had to get which I didn't have the original of was a replacement blue check ribbon for the top. Everything else I found bit by bit, even a second bath of the other colour.

Re Tiddlywinks: love her Playset pose (not the BBE one, the other one) & that's the version of her I have.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 08:05:46 PM »

Only thing I had to get which I didn't have the original of was a replacement blue check ribbon for the top. Everything else I found bit by bit, even a second bath of the other colour.

Re Tiddlywinks: love her Playset pose (not the BBE one, the other one) & that's the version of her I have.

Wow, I thought mine was full! I counted 3 glo-worns in there, and at least 12 pocket pals...you could make a 'Where's Waldo' type of game out of it!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2020, 01:33:50 AM »
I love the nursery <3
I got mine for free from a charity shop that was going to throw it away because it wasn't in good condition (it cleaned up fine!). Best pony bargain ever!

The Epic Tale of the Nursery: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393181.msg1739238.html#msg1739238

Photos!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393181.msg1741006.html#msg1741006

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 03:15:20 AM »
This is new to me, but then I'm generally not all that clued up on pony playsets. It is very cute, but not something that I'd actively seek out.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2020, 05:28:16 AM »
I love the nursery <3
I got mine for free from a charity shop that was going to throw it away because it wasn't in good condition (it cleaned up fine!). Best pony bargain ever!

The Epic Tale of the Nursery: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393181.msg1739238.html#msg1739238

Photos!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,393181.msg1741006.html#msg1741006

What a sweet story! It cleaned up beautifully. Makes me wonder how many old pony things pass through the charity shops but don't make it onto the shelves because they are slightly dirty or flawed and whoever is in charge of decisions doesn't realize their collector value. Congrats on your great find (and your mum's sharp eye!)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 05:41:14 AM »

Adorable
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »
I have at least three buildings/shells around the house and am down to needing a few accessories to complete both color varations. I would definitely buy a repro, but I doubt we're going to see one from Basic Fun!.  :(

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 10:31:43 AM »
This is one of my favorite playsets.  My cousin had it, so I got to play with it frequently.  I have two, myself now, both versions with both versions of the variant accessories and both variants of Baby Tiddly-Winks.  My cousin never had her, so I am assuming she never got her as a mail order?  I have both set up (not yet w/accessories) in my pony room with all of my newborns, twins, and teeny tiny babies. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2020, 11:08:31 AM »
If I lived alone I would buy myself one, although first I'd like to have a Paradise Estate.
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »

I have to raise serious Health and Safety concerns about baby ponies sleeping on the roof xD

Unfortunately my playsets are all in the loft. I'd love to pile my ponies all over it like that. Though in my case it would probably look more like an army invaded xD

(Nice to see Missile Launcher in the front there!)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal