collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Playsets VS Old Playsets  (Read 1775 times)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
New Playsets VS Old Playsets
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
Is it only My how thinks that the new (g4) playsets are kinda boring comperd to the old (g1) ones? Its not evan a whole bullding O.O
They look kinda pretty in the box but its not much to play whit? :/

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: New Playsets VS Old Playsets
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:12 PM »
I prefer the old playsets too. I'm not too thrilled with playsets where most of the area you are supposed to play in is the floor in front of it. I like when the roofs lift off or the wall opens up and you play inside the playset.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:29:54 AM »
As a rule I agree, the old ones a way better, but I think Rarities carousel is my all time favourite playset. 

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:13:57 AM »
The old playsets were certainly more awesome. They had a lot more effort put into, with all the, seemingly, minor details, like all the accessories that came with it. Like Paradise Estate for example - that one is just way too awesome for words, and I can see why so many of the MLP collectors go all gaga over it. Those playsets just felt more real. At least in my opinion.

The new playsets, while some of them look quite appealing, just aren't the same thing. They look much cheaper to me IMHO, and aren't as spectacular as the old ones.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 01:36:34 AM »
As a rule I agree, the old ones a way better, but I think Rarities carousel is my all time favorite play set. 
yes me too, its the only interesting one out of the g4's, G1 seems to be far more colorful with awesome accessories, its like budget cuts and bring things out fast and non imaginative and cheap to go with the recession we are in may be,
i like the early g1 play sets cos they were for horses/ponies with the saddle,ribbons and brushes not human-teenage like things

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 02:27:35 AM »
I think the main reason as to why new playsets have less accessories than the old ones is because they're taking extra safety measures - like they want to make sure that the kid won't end up swallowing some of the small pieces or something like that... :P

I think it's a crappy argument though, as kids aren't that stupid as toy companies makes us believe. :P

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
I think the main reason as to why new playsets have less accessories than the old ones is because they're taking extra safety measures - like they want to make sure that the kid won't end up swallowing some of the small pieces or something like that... :P

I think it's a crappy argument though, as kids aren't that stupid as toy companies makes us believe. :P

They're not no, but my 5 year old cousin accidently swallowed a bit of Lego trying to remove one piece from another with his teeth >.< Kids do impulsive stuff and if the pieces are small enough they can end up accidently swallowing them. This however doesn't mean they're stupid at all.

As for the topic itself, I completely agree though that the G1 playsets were the best by far. Better than any of the other generations. As mentioned I think they put alot more effort into making the playsets more show accurate back in the days.
A paper Canterlot castle today (do I need to say more?), can't compare to the Paradise Estate :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 03:12:52 AM »
Yeah, Hasbro really went cheap this time with the playsets. G3.5 are even more interesting. I have to admit the train set is really cute though, and so is Rarity's Carousel Boutique. The Boutique is the only one I want that I don't have... too bad it's so expensive to buy now.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »
G1 playsets for the win! And the G2 playsets were awesome as well.

G4 playsets seem to be more pretty backgrounds to play in front of :huh:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »
I'm definitely one who loves a more complete playset than the facades we end up with nowadays.  I had some great Little People sets(a barn and a sesame street playhouse)  that were absolutely awesome and they got a lot of play, and played host to many of my toys, not just my Little People. 

Though, if you are just displaying ponies, the facades can work out just fine.   But I know I'd be very disappointed in them, as a kid!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 06:28:59 AM »
I *love* the carousel and the train sets.  I think those are really nice.  The only thing I wish was that both sets were bigger so that you could have more train cars on the train or fit more ponies on the carousel.  But I have to agree on all of the one sided buildings.  The worst imo is the camping with RD set.  For a tent, you get an arch with fabric doors?  I don't know why they bothered trying to put  a tent if that was what it turned out as.  So far the only playset I've bought outside of the carousel and train sets was AJ's barn and that was more for her hat.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 06:35:09 AM »
It seems like so many toy companies are putting less effort (probably to save on production cost..petroleum is way more expensive now) in playsets. Sad really.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:51 AM »
G1 playsets are the best! G2 is up there but I think where they really shine is the accessories! I would be willing to argue that G2 has some of the best accessories of any generation but that is a thread for a another day.  G3 playsets are pretty neat too. I don't know why but I just love Frilly Locks Boutique. Maybe the way it closes up reminds me of the Pretty Parlor. I only have the Apple Barn MIB for G4 playsets so I haven't given them as much attention as other generations.  ^^;

Hmm...methinks I may be a playset lover.  :silly:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 07:43:31 AM »
G4 play sets are lame compared to G1. The G1 sets had a ton more accessories with them too!

G2 play sets are almost as cool as G1 too :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
G4 play sets are lame compared to G1. The G1 sets had a ton more accessories with them too!

G2 play sets are almost as cool as G1 too :)

Of the same mind we are sweetie!!

G4 playsets are pretty poor in comparison - especially the Wedding Castle I feel. G1 playsets are fantastic and G2 are probably just as awesome.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal