collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Playsets VS Old Playsets  (Read 1788 times)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Playsets VS Old Playsets
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 05:08:41 AM »

G4 playsets seem to be more pretty backgrounds to play in front of :huh:

Thats how I feel, and I think its quite sad o.O

I think the wedding castle is ridiculous!! It looks nice on display but its not a real castle. 
We have two bigger "fakie"-brand here and their castles are really nice, and its sad that hasbro cant step up and do the same :(

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 05:54:42 AM »
I don't have any G4 playsets but based on pictures and complaints of people who actually did buy then I'm glad I didn't.  I have Dream Castle that I bought from emery at the fair in Rhode Island last year.  I can safely say that G1 playsets are much better in structure and entertainment.

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »
Oh goddess, finally someone said it!

They're rubbish!! I'm sorry but they really really are!!

Take fo example the playset I have-Cheerilee's school house...one solid bit of plastic. NOTHING the baby ponies, who she is actually SUPPOSED to teach can fit on. Instead we get a bunch of critters. Is someone saying something about Cheerilee's teaching skills? Either she's THAT good she can teach ANIMALS or she's THAT BAD everyone's like "ok dearie, you just go...teach the animals, thats right teach the animals, out of the way" Not to mention on the other side, the "interior" of the school house nothing is painted! RUBBISH! Even G3 managed better than that with playsets you could open/close. Not to mention the fantastic Crystal Castle.

For a longtime collector, the G4 line is...a bit of a letdown. The ponies are cute yes....but....Hasbro you need to step up your game.

Carrie

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 08:16:59 AM »

Take fo example the playset I have-Cheerilee's school house...one solid bit of plastic. NOTHING the baby ponies, who she is actually SUPPOSED to teach can fit on.

Thats just wrong, what were they thinking? >.<

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
I do prefer G1 playsets too. Paradise Estate was the most impression playset I ever owned but the down side is it's SO HUGE it's hard to fit into a room or move around. I loved the old G1 concept of playsets doubling up as carry cases like the Pretty Parlour. Play wise, Show Stable is hands down my favourite. I just love horses in stables plus a little bit of human touch to make it look extra comfy! The G1s and G2s look fantastic living in there. The Lullabye Nursery isn't too bad either.

G2 Playsets are quite neat too. The best playset is probably the Forest Playset. The kids at home love it. The sounds it makes and it's pretty to look at. My only complaint is that the rainbow and the tree are a little too flimsy. My nephew can't keep the tree staying in 1 piece. The playset is so played that I think it is near broken. Maybe Hasbro can pick this up, and improve it a little with more accessories and places to place the animal pets. It's also one of the playsets that is NOT pink. Love the green grass, something more natural and soothing to look at.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
G4 play sets are lame compared to G1. The G1 sets had a ton more accessories with them too!

G2 play sets are almost as cool as G1 too :)

Of the same mind we are sweetie!!

G4 playsets are pretty poor in comparison - especially the Wedding Castle I feel. G1 playsets are fantastic and G2 are probably just as awesome.

We certainly are my darling :lovey: I mean, the G2 wedding chapel is adorable, even though there's not much with it, it's still lovely. And dream castle, that's accessory heaven and then paradise estate.... :dribble: say no more! Those were PROPER playsets :biggrin:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 09:28:57 AM »
Take fo example the playset I have-Cheerilee's school house...one solid bit of plastic. NOTHING the baby ponies, who she is actually SUPPOSED to teach can fit on. Instead we get a bunch of critters. Is someone saying something about Cheerilee's teaching skills? Either she's THAT good she can teach ANIMALS or she's THAT BAD everyone's like "ok dearie, you just go...teach the animals, thats right teach the animals, out of the way"

I am dying here! :lmao: :lmao:

Honestly, it's true.  The G4 playsets are just sad, except for the train and Rarity's boutique.  (And maybe the castle?  Haven't had a good look at that one yet.)   I only had one playset as a kid and it was a small one, Peachy's Pretty Parlor, but still it was a real "enclosed" building.

I also had playsets from other toylines, and they rocked.  I had the Fisher-Price Little People castle, which I used as my Dream Castle.  It was fantastic.

Personally, I think Hasbro is taking all the profits from My Little Pony--which have GOT to be huge this year with collectors buying ponies, little kids buying ponies, and bronies buying ponies--and funnelling them into their other toylines, like Transformers.

Think of how much work it is to design a Transformer, which must be ENGINEERED to turn from one thing to another, which rarely reuse molds, and which require a lot more moving parts and paint than a MLP.  And yet MLP gets 90% of the ponies in the same mold and "mleh" playsets while Transformers continues to churn out a lot of unique molds.   Not right!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »
I love the g1 playsets.  They were so creative and had so many accessories and you could fit actual ponies in them.  I don't own any but the g2 playsets look awesome also ( I really want the Rainbow forest) and Even the g3s got a couple of cool castles.

In comparison, the g4 playsets just seem so lazy.  Like Hasbro isn't even trying any more.  I really wanted the new castle until I actually saw it and then my reaction was just "This is it?  Really?". I imagine it's a cost cutting technique but there are other toys out there with much better playsets (Sylvanians and their American competitors.)

Come on, Hasbro.  Try harder.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:42:41 PM by scarletjul »
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »

They're not no, but my 5 year old cousin accidently swallowed a bit of Lego trying to remove one piece from another with his teeth >.

Ummm, I'm 29 and could see myself doing this.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
G1, G2, and G3 are all far more superior in playsets than G4. x-x All the other gens have those fun little gimmicks, I mean like the others have said, the train and the boutique are cool, but everything else is bad. x-x Cardboard? Really? They seem too busy putting gimmicks into Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle all the time than too get decent playsets. I'm SURE little girls and collectors would want a gimmick filled ~plastic~ giant castle compared to a cardboard castle that does nothing.

Also, those cardboard castles are hilariously terrible. I'm sad for paying 40 dollars at christmas time just for a shine brite Princess Luna.

Seriously Hasbro, I'm starting to doubt you even want our money. This is why I've lost too much hope in the G4 line. x-x

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »
Its such a shame that the G4 playsets arent really playsets, since they could have been fantastic. They're cute but there isnt anything to them...  :sad: 
G1 playsets were outstandlingy amazing! g2 playsets were creative and awesome too, and G3 playsets were still great.... I kinda expected G4 playsets to be up to the standard of the previous gens, especially with the popularity the ponies have :awake: oh well .

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:18 AM »

They're not no, but my 5 year old cousin accidently swallowed a bit of Lego trying to remove one piece from another with his teeth >.

Ummm, I'm 29 and could see myself doing this.

My little brother is 26 and he has done this :lol: [thankfully it was one of the little one square pieces :P]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 03:54:50 AM »
I prefer the old play sets, from gen1 and definitely gen2 as well - the gen2 castle and mansion are to die for!

With gen4 (and later gen3) playsets I always feel like they're only half finished. Take Applejack's barn and the Wedding castle - Why oh why do we only get the front of the castle?! Why isn't there a back side? Where are the ponies supposed to go once they go through the door? It makes no sense! XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal